2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

9 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

Caps are showing us how to beat Tampa in a nutshell.

Does WSH have a blueprint to where we need to get to?  More playoff experience, tough as nails D, rolling 2 lines up front, solid and consistent goaltending, big bodies in front of the net on the O zone, stronger forecheck, coaches pushing the right buttons at the right time....

19 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I hope every time Marchessault scores one, Panthers fans feel actual physical pain.

Can't believe they left him exposed.

I know Huberdeau is younger by 3 years, but Jesus what were they thinking? 

EDIT: just remembered they kept Bjugstad too.  holy sh!t 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I hope every time Marchessault scores one, Panthers fans feel actual physical pain.

Can't believe they left him exposed.

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I know Huberdeau is younger by 3 years, but Jesus what were they thinking? 

EDIT: just remembered they kept Bjugstad too.  holy sh!t 

Any chance they left him exposed by accident solely because they didn't know how to pronounce Marchessault?

Very dumb move in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aclc79 said:

The question on everyone's mind: does WSH choke again or does the series win over PIT change the team culture?

Hopefully the win over PIT gave them some much needed confidence. I'm not crazy about rooting for the Caps, but I don't want to see Tampon Bay any more.

• Like 1

Washington definitely didn't have a great game, but Tampa also played much better too.  I expect tomorrow's game to be closer.  Tampa's PP has been deadly, but they need to continue to score 5 on 5 or else they'll be in trouble.  Washington looked better for most of that game, at least early on - they seemed quicker and were forcing Tampa into a lot of turnovers.  Really it was the PP goals that turned the tides a bit and put the Caps on edge.  If they can stay out of the box and play their game, they might be able to take Game 4.  

5 hours ago, aclc79 said:

The question on everyone's mind: does WSH choke again or does the series win over PIT change the team culture?

The win over PIT is great, but their culture is being losers. They now have to beat Tampa or they are still losers. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The win over PIT is great, but their culture is being losers. They now have to beat Tampa or they are still losers. 

Exactly.

How was the officiating last night? I know it was a joke in Game 2 but Washington persevered, wondering if the seemingly slant continued.

1 hour ago, lazer said:

you could tell caps were shook after that hit on wilson...dirty af but wtv

Kinda blows how his reputation has essentially made him a target.  No one will get reprimanded for trying to take him out because he plays a chippy game.

Totally agree with Wilson, by the way, that if he had thrown the hit he received last night he'd be suspended today.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Totally agree with Wilson, by the way, that if he had thrown the hit he received last night he'd be suspended today.  

RECAP:

• This is probably true.
  • It's Tom Wilson so who cares? Fvck you buddy!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Live by the sword, die by the sword. No one’s feeling sorry for Tom Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s right. What goes around comes around, the goose/gander thing, all of them. 

• Like 3