2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Vegas is five wins away from the Stanley Cup. In year one. Astonishing isn’t the word. I don’t know if there are any words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scary part is they can keep that group intact for a long time.  Will be interesting to see if teams can figure them out next year, if not...the NHL may have created a monster here. 

The scary part is they can keep that group intact for a long time.  Will be interesting to see if teams can figure them out next year, if not...the NHL may have created a monster here. 

The thing that drives me nuts are the people who thought they had some kind of advantage in building their team. In hindsight, sure- but no one- absolutely no one- thought they would be any good at all, let alone a division winning, 100+ point, conference finalist that’s one game away from being a Stanley Cup finalist. It’s easy to complain now, but everyone was perfectly fine with the way things went down last June while they picked Vegas to finish dead last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, titans04 said:

Imagine being a LV fan and throwing a few dollars on them to win the cup for the hell of it at 500-1. Still may not happen but one hell of a feel good story for me. 

My brother and I were talking about this last night. There has to be more than one hometown fan who did.

14 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

My brother and I were talking about this last night. There has to be more than one hometown fan who did.

They were talking about this in the NY Post the other day. They said every sports book in Vegas will lose 6 or 7 figures if they win. They said one bet was $400 at 300 to 1, that’s $120,000 on a $400 bet if they pull it off. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They were talking about this in the NY Post the other day. They said every sports book in Vegas will lose 6 or 7 figures if they win. They said one bet was $400 at 300 to 1, that’s $120,000 on a $400 bet if they pull it off. 

500-1 odds. Imagine even throwing down $2,000. Holy moley.