2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think 3 times now I've said you're right that some people are entitled to be pissed, but you aren't acknowledging the fact there are in fact people out there that are jealous.

I'd also take "being a joke" because an expansion team has the chance to win a cup over the bullsh!t of players colluding to create super-teams, guys having TV special to brag about themselves and where they're going next, and having next to no parity or team mindset any day.

EDIT: Puckdaddy can shove his pious stand up his ass cause back in October and November, him and Lozo did nothing but mock Vegas for as much as they could on their podcast.

To be fair, Greg Wyshynski originally thought Vegas could contend for a playoff spot and backed off that stance towards the end of preseason. Even those who originally believed in Vegas couldn't have seen this coming after seeing what the roster looked like at the start of October.

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think 3 times now I've said you're right that some people are entitled to be pissed, but you aren't acknowledging the fact there are in fact people out there that are jealous.

I'd also take "being a joke" because an expansion team has the chance to win a cup over the bullsh!t of players colluding to create super-teams, guys having TV special to brag about themselves and where they're going next, and having next to no parity or team mindset any day.

Some are probably jealous, but not everyone is jealous and to blanket everyone who doesn't instantly love every aspect of their run as being jealous is asinine.

lol yeah the NHL has parity right?  Where 4 teams in the last 10 years (so up to 20 possible teams) have won the Stanley Cup.  And TV specials to brag about themselves?  So the MSG network doesn't do that with the Rangers?

And PuckDaddy is far from the only "expert" who has told me how I should feel about Vegas' run over the past 18 hours either.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Some are probably jealous, but not everyone is jealous and to blanket everyone who doesn't instantly love every aspect of their run as being jealous is asinine.

lol yeah the NHL has parity right?  Where 4 teams in the last 10 years (so up to 20 possible teams) have won the Stanley Cup.  And TV specials to brag about themselves?  So the MSG network doesn't do that with the Rangers?

Rangers do it on their own network, not a nationally televised, primetime look at me glory whoring that a certain individual did in what '11?

I also said "a lot of people" in my initial post that sent us down this rabbit hole, didn't say everyone.

I'll take the parity in the NHL over the other winter league I keep alluding to any day of the week.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yes.  Teams back in the 90's and early 2000's were allowed to protect up to about 14-16 players, so they were basically drafting fringe NHL players at best.  Last year teams could protect only up to 9.

trying to understand this better for myself but wasn't the number in most cases really more than 9 when you include 1st and 2nd year players being exempt?   Was that the same in the prior expansion drafts?

Just now, titans04 said:

trying to understand this better for myself but wasn't the number in most cases really more than 9 when you include 1st and 2nd year players being exempt?   Was that the same in the prior expansion drafts?

It was, but it still left more players open.  I don't think the expansion drafts made 1st and 2nd year players exempt, but they also didn't have to worry about the cap those years.

I also looked it up, the 1992 expansion draft you were allowed to protect up to 14 players and 2 goalies.  However, the teams had to each make at least 1 goalie available who played in at least 1 NHL game in 91-92.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

And PuckDaddy is far from the only "expert" who has told me how I should feel about Vegas' run over the past 18 hours either.

Whole lot of idiotic pundits coming out of nowhere on twitter trying to tell people how to feel about Vegas making a mockery of the league, that's for sure.  Never gets old.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you don't think there's parity in the NHL because a few perfectly constructed teams have clawed their way to the last 10 cups, you have no idea what you're talking about. The NHL is the tightest league by far in terms of talent team to team. There's a narrow spending window, any team can beat anyone else on any given night, and talent is spread more evenly than any major pro league in the world that I can think of.

Edmonton, Dallas, and Chicago didn't even make the playoffs this year, and an expansion team has lost three times en route to a Western Conference championship. What in God's name are you looking at?

Edited by thecoffeecake

1 hour ago, thecoffeecake said:

If you don't think there's parity in the NHL because a few perfectly constructed teams have clawed their way to the last 10 cups, you have no idea what you're talking about. The NHL is the tightest league by far in terms of talent team to team. There's a narrow spending window, any team can beat anyone else on any given night, and talent is spread more evenly than any major pro league in the world that I can think of.

Edmonton, Dallas, and Chicago didn't even make the playoffs this year, and an expansion team has lost three times en route to a Western Conference championship. What in God's name are you looking at?

Lol @ your entire post.  I stand by my comments.  4 winners in 10 years is enough said.

plus weren't you one one of the people on here who was crying the most about Vegas getting a team?

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

DSP is having himself a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly did not have many of those playing for us.

6 hours ago, MDPucks said:

If anybody doesn't like this sport after watching Game 6 nobody can help you.  Damn these teams are putting it all out on the line tonight.

If game 7 is anything like game 6, it will be non-stop intensity.  All hands on deck!

13 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also I hate the morons who think touching or picking up the conference trophy is a jinx. It's not. There was one moron screaming you just jinxed it last night over and over. 

Yeah a guy on FB yesterday insisted that Scott Stevens never touched the Prince of Wales trophy.  I had to show him pictures of Scotty touching/lifting it in all 3 cup years.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah a guy on FB yesterday insisted that Scott Stevens never touched the Prince of Wales trophy.  I had to show him pictures of Scotty touching/lifting it in all 3 cup years.

I love when people just make things up.

Unlike the jinx where if you touch the Stanley Cup before you win it, you will never win it. That clearly isn’t made up and has a basis in actual science. 

Case in point, I’ve touched it, and I’ve never won the Stanley Cup. 

• Haha 1

The one time he didn’t pick it up, we lost in the Finals. And Parise didn’t pick it up in 2012. Should we make it back to the Finals at any point in the future, it should be imparted to whoever the captain is at that time- PICK UP THE TROPHY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2