2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Can’t believe the Caps are in the finals. Crazy times...

Good on Holtby for stepping up his game to get it done. Should be a great series against Vegas. 

And yet again fvck Milbury for sh!tting all over him during the first intermission

• Like 1

What a delicious way for Tampa to lose. Made their fans truly suffer.

Lost both home games, devasted. Win three in a row, elation. Lose two in a row getting shutout both times and getting elminated on home ice.. truly heartbreaking.

Mmm..mmmm...mmm. Delicious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

You've got to imagine they don't want to give it to a non-Russian player who is NHL-bound, but this is just ridiculous. It was an objectively worse season than Tolvanen's for Kravtsov, but he's someone I wouldn't mind the Devils taking at 17 in the draft this year. He's got tons of skill.

It's amazing to me that this Caps team made it to the Cup finals. It wasn't the team from those dominant years back when Mike Green was killing it for them. It wasn't the team that still had Williams, a newly acquired TJ Oshie, and even Jason Chimera scoring a bunch of goals for them. It was the team that appeared to be on its way down this past offseason and had just lost two important players in Nate Schmidt and MoJo. Year after year, it was supposed to finally be the Caps' year, but just when everyone had moved on and thought it was Tampa Bay's turn, Ovi and co. pulled through. 

What a series that was.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Caps are winning this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over and done!!!  It certainly seemed that Ovi would not be denied and helped carry them emotionally.  An intriguing final....too long to wait, though....

• Like 1

I hated the narrative that Ovi wasn't a winner and couldn't get it done in the playoffs.  He is really showing that fire this playoffs.  I loved when he was asked if he was going to touch the Prince of Wales trophy and he said yeah your going to watch me right now!

• Like 3