2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

46 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

ESPN released their picks to move on to the second round - not one chose us, not even Wysh.... I know - who cares about what ESPN says about hockey: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23051034/nhl-2018-stanley-cup-playoffs-barry-melrose-john-buccigross-greg-wyshynski-emily-kaplan-predict-first-round-series-cup-winners

who cares about what ESPN says about hockey

I prefer when no one picks us. If you looked at the last 25 games, I'm sure we have a better record than TB.  But whatever. The prevailing thought I'm sure is, stop Hall and you stop the Devils. 

On another note, why the heck is Minny/Winnipeg starting at 7 ET?   Same time as Philly/Pitts. Why not stagger that Central div. game to at least 7:30, or 8 or 8:30?  

Why do little things that make SO much sense the NHL does something different? 

Edited by eldon

I bet ESPN is only looking at TBL being #1 and the Devils being #8. I doubt they even looked at the season series. I remember back in 09, in regards to the upcoming first round of the playoffs, said the Devils/CAR series would be the most dull series and hardly worth watching. Highly Questionable is the only good thing on that network.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

ESPN released their picks to move on to the second round - not one chose us, not even Wysh.... I know - who cares about what ESPN says about hockey: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23051034/nhl-2018-stanley-cup-playoffs-barry-melrose-john-buccigross-greg-wyshynski-emily-kaplan-predict-first-round-series-cup-winners

Meh, 9 of the 13 "experts" chose the Lightning to win in 6 or 7 games...it's not like they think the Devils will be some pushover.  And you've gotta earn respect...a lot of these Devils have never been to the playoffs before.  I can understand why some are hesitant to pick them to win a series, especially against the team that finished with the best record in the Eastern Conference.  I don't mind being the underdog myself...if Tampa is down, say, 2-1, they're the ones who'll be feeling the pressure.

• Like 1

lol yesterday a guy sent me a message asking if i'd be up to meet up with him to talk about a project he'd like me to design for him.

I know he's a Habs fan. So i wanted to say...

"Well, i'd be down to meet but i 'm a bit busy at the moment plus i got some playoffs hockey to watch soon... i know you got a lot more time on your hands when it comes to that but if we can find a time that works sure let's meet"

Obviously risky when you're talking to a potential client..... but the temptation was just too much so i fvcking said it. haha

I actually went pretty well... he just laughed, told me to fvck off and we moved on haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Meh, 9 of the 13 "experts" chose the Lightning to win in 6 or 7 games...it's not like they think the Devils will be some pushover.  And you've gotta earn respect...a lot of these Devils have never been to the playoffs before.  I can understand why some are hesitant to pick them to win a series, especially against the team that finished with the best record in the Eastern Conference.  I don't mind being the underdog myself...if Tampa is down, say, 2-1, they're the ones who'll be feeling the pressure.

I actually believe they have the pressure right from the get go. If they lose the first game in TB, they'll start thinking about it. TB is a good team though. 

4 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Pretty cool that SEVEN of the 16 teams that made it to the dance didn't last year. 

Who's watching what tonight?  

The battle of PA & Jets/Wild at 7p. Vegas/LA at 10p...

I'd like to think I'd be able to stay up to finish the late game but in case tomorrow's game goes long I may not stay up til the end! :ph34r:

We are watching MIN vs WPG.  The Jets may be the best team no one knows about.  PIT/PHI just does not interest me, just enough that they kill each other!  The Great Whiteout in WPG begins....

17 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I just came on to post my criteria for an acceptable Stanley Cup winner like I do every year (no NY teams, no Flyers, no Canadian teams, no first time winners) until I realized we're playing this year. 

fvck everyone. 

So the Pens is fine but no first time winners? If the Devs don't reach then I want two teams that have never won the cup in the SCF please!