LittleBallofHate

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was already rooting for Winnipeg against them...not like she can't afford a friendly bet when she's filthy rich anyway. Jericho is a big time wrestler, has his own band that does well (I don't like it but it does well) and his dad was a former NHL player.

Also I say this as someone who doesn't mind your posts cause I know you get heated at times but you've said way worse sh!t than "cheap ass" lol so cheap ass is the final crossing line for you? Lol 

My dude, I am a big fan of yours. You didn't cross the line at all. Just thought it was confusing. 

If you read your post again, it sounds like "Carrie Underwood is a cheap-ass who has yet to acknowledge a $10,000 bet from a former pro-wrestler, so I really hope Winnepeg wins the series". And that was confusing, that's all.

I've definitely been over the line. Working on the anger issues. I tend to hit send without thinking "hmmm should I say that?" and that's a big issue, no doubt. Your post was nowhere near over the line. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

My dude, I am a big fan of yours. You didn't cross the line at all. Just thought it was confusing. 

If you read your post again, it sounds like "Carrie Underwood is a cheap-ass who has yet to acknowledge a $10,000 bet from a former pro-wrestler, so I really hope Winnepeg wins the series". And that was confusing, that's all.

I've definitely been over the line. Working on the anger issues. I tend to hit send without thinking "hmmm should I say that?" and that's a big issue, no doubt. Your post was nowhere near over the line. 

I mean you're pretty spot except it won't bother me either way who wins lol, I should have probably said overpaid ridiculous rich musician ignores bet for charity and posted the link. I'm sure her net worth alone is ridiculous and she can afford the measly 10k bet if she actually saw the challenge lol

She wasn't what bothered me about Nashville though...it was that stupid Nashville football player drinking beer out of the catfish that made me want to root for Winnipeg lol

Your posts never bother me but that's probably cause it takes a lot to get me offended lol 

6 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Agree too, lip boy is a top 3 all time player.. huge winner..  ovie is a complete player will light the lamp and smash your face into the boards. Love his game.

Btw, The hit was completely legal.. no head shot.. shoulder to shoulder..

So you already have him on the “Mount Rushmore” of hockey? Has Crosby already passed Lemieux in most people’s eyes? 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So you already have him on the “Mount Rushmore” of hockey? Has Crosby already passed Lemieux in most people’s eyes? 

If he wins another cup, in the modern butterfly goalie speed game age, yeah he's got to be up there.. guy has it all as far as skill set goes..

Doc Emrick>>>>>any Canadian 

Doc Emrick >>>>> any hockey announcer ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not yet, but the last 2 years have closed the gap.  For his time,  Lemieux was huge at 6' 4" and 220 pounds so he had a big physical advantage & reach so he was dominant among his peers .  Crosby is like 5' 11" and 200 lbs in an era of large players and many more fantastic defenseman and Crosby is still a great producer.   Like Niedermayer, Lemieux just appeard effortless on the ice.   For me  Lemieux was the greatest physical talent I've seen, yet Gretzky squeezed every drop of his talents to be the greatest.

Edited by BlueSkirt

31 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

Not yet, but the last 2 years have closed the gap.  For his time,  Lemieux was huge at 6' 4" and 220 pounds so he had a big physical advantage & reach so he was dominant among his peers .  Crosby is like 5' 11" and 200 lbs in an era of large players and many more fantastic defenseman and Crosby is still a great producer.   Like Niedermayer, Lemieux just appeard effortless on the ice.   For me  Lemieux was the greatest physical talent I've seen, yet Gretzky squeezed every drop of his talents to be the greatest.

And Lemieux would have had an even better career if not for the cancer. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Gretzky - Lemieux - Crosby - Howe if you ask me for my Mt Rushmore. They had to chisel away Orr’s face to etch Crosby.

Gretzky - Lemieux - Crosby - Howe if you ask me for my Mt Rushmore. They had to chisel away Orr’s face to etch Crosby.

Orr’s face is chiseled for no one. He revolutionized his position, and is the greatest to ever play it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Orr’s face is chiseled for no one. He revolutionized his position, and is the greatest to ever play it.

The guy had 139 points one season and was +124! That’s just pure insanity. 

If Crosby eventually replaces anyone it’s probably Lemieux, imo. Orr stays. Sucks his career was shortened by injury so much though. 

• Like 2

The guy had 139 points one season and was +124! That’s just pure insanity. 
If Crosby eventually replaces anyone it’s probably Lemieux, imo. Orr stays. Sucks his career was shortened by injury so much though. 

139 points.... as a DEFENSEMAN. In an era where defensemen only played defense. Orr is one of the three best players of all-time with Gretzky and Howe. He takes a back seat to no one.

• Like 3

Wow...amazing goal for the Sharks Marcus Sorensen. 

Bad home loss for the B's.  Better to get it together or it will be over quickly.

Sometimes the VGK do get shut out.  Wow!

Hadn't seen this angle before now. to me it looks pretty bad and in my book the guy has always been a dbag.

I wish they had a similar angle on the Kucherov hit.

7 hours ago, titans04 said:

Hadn't seen this angle before now. to me it looks pretty bad and in my book the guy has always been a dbag.

Yup that’s a shoulder to the face. 

• Like 2

Right decision imo, people will say the game is getting soft but if you wanna see people's lives shortened go watch mma.

All you have to do is watch the GIF above to know it was the right decision. And being that it was Wilson, he should’ve probably gotten more.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

All you have to do is watch the GIF above to know it was the right decision. And being that it was Wilson, he should’ve probably gotten more.

Miles Wood got 2 for a first offense, Wilson only getting 3 is bs. It’s Tom fvcking Wilson. The league either wants to stop this stuff or they don’t. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

Miles Wood got 2 for a first offense, Wilson only getting 3 is bs. It’s Tom fvcking Wilson. The league either wants to stop this stuff or they don’t. 

While I agree with your general point, the league (rightfully) doesn’t weigh playoff and regular season games the same way when it comes to suspensions. If this was the regular season, Wilson probably gets 5-10.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

While I agree with your general point, the league (rightfully) doesn’t weigh playoff and regular season games the same way when it comes to suspensions. If this was the regular season, Wilson probably gets 5-10.

This is probably correct, although I disagree what its correct to give less of a suspension in the playoffs. The injured player is out for however many games he's out for, whether its regular season or playoffs. If a guy is that stupid and does something that reckless, on a consistent basis like Wilson, and hurts his team by getting suspended for a lengthy time in the playoffs, so be it. 

Fvck that guy. 

• Like 3