LittleBallofHate

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The point is they wouldn’t have advanced without Fleury playing well in the first two rounds. He made a BIG contribution to that Cup. How is this hard to understand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He only played because Murray was hurt.  He bombed out in round 3 and Murray had to come in to save the day.  When the Penguins won the cup, MAF was sitting on the bench.  How is this hard to understand?

He only played because Murray was hurt.  He bombed out in round 3 and Murray had to come in to save the day.  When the Penguins won the cup, MAF was sitting on the bench.  How is this hard to understand?

Why he was playing is irrelevant. Without Fleury playing top-notch goal in rounds one and two, the Pens are sitting on a golf course. That’s my point. This is a fact. I don’t care that he ‘bombed out’ once Murray got healthy, because it’s also fvcking irrelevant. He saved their chance at a Cup in the first two rounds. He wasn’t Corey Schwab.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why he was playing is irrelevant. Without Fleury playing top-notch goal in rounds one and two, the Pens are sitting on a golf course. That’s my point. This is a fact. I don’t care that he ‘bombed out’ once Murray got healthy, because it’s also fvcking irrelevant. He saved their chance at a Cup in the first two rounds. He wasn’t Corey Schwab.

We don't know that.  What if a healthy Murray came in and played lights out like he did in the final 2 rounds?  We wouldn't be having this convo.

I can easily say that if MAF continued in goal in round 3 and 4 that they would also be on the golf course.  This is literally a chicken or the egg argument.

When it comes down to it, MAF was sitting watching Murray winning in the SCF.  He was also the backup for most of last season as well.  Ask any Penguins fan who was the starter for them last season and 4 out of 5 will say Murray hands down.

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You keep saying he bombed out in the 3rd round last year.  My recollection was that he had one marginal game once Murray was healthy and Sullivan used that as an excuse to go back to his guy.    

• Like 1

We don't know that.  What if a healthy Murray came in and played lights out like he did in the final 2 rounds?  We wouldn't be having this convo.
I can easily say that if MAF continued in goal in round 3 and 4 that they would also be on the golf course.  This is literally a chicken or the egg argument.
When it comes down to it, MAF was sitting watching Murray winning in the SCF.  He was also the backup for most of last season as well.  Ask any Penguins fan who was the starter for them last season and 4 out of 5 will say Murray hands down.

I’m not saying Murray wasn’t the main guy- but MAF had to play at a moment’s notice (Murray injured himself in warmups before game 1 of the first round), and he didn’t sh!t the bed. He played great and gave his team a shot. That was his job, and he did it and it helped earn him and his teammates a ring. A ring he had a hand in securing, unlike most backup goalies who don’t play one minute of meaningful hockey in the playoffs. That’s the only point I’m trying to make here.

Just now, Lateralous said:

You keep saying he bombed out in the 3rd round last year.  My recollection was that he had one marginal game once Murray was healthy and Sullivan used that as an excuse to go back to his guy.    

lol what a way to spin what happened.  Murray was their starter for a vast majority of last year.  Suddenly Sullivan had to go searching for excuses to go back to him once he was healthy?

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I bet Pens fans wish they still had MAF this postseason...

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I bet Pens fans wish they still had MAF this postseason...

Yes because they are literally ready to run the goalie who lead them to back to back cups out of town.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yes because they are literally ready to run the goalie who lead them to back to back cups out of town.

How soon they forget lol. 

• Like 1

But like a lot of the Knights, MAF seemed to be reborn playing in Vegas. How can you figure?  What is past is just prologue....