2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'm actually meeting Michael J Fox, Chris Loyd, Lea Thompson and Tom Wilson in 4 months. I cannot explain how excited i am about that

Good thing Eric Stoltz was sacked when he was...apparently in the cafeteria scene where Biff and Marty were about to go at it (but were interrupted by Strickland), when Stoltz was still there, he was pushing back at Wilson so hard that he was leaving bruises on Wilson's chest, despite Wilson telling him to cool it, that it wasn't necessary to get so "real" (apparently Stoltz's method acting was starting to get on a lot of nerves).  Wilson and Stoltz still had the car scene at the prom to shoot, and Wilson basically said he was planning on laying Stoltz out that day...but then Stoltz was canned and that was that. 

Lots of good info about BTTF out there...apparently once it was decided that Stoltz wasn't going to cut it as Marty, and Michael J Fox was able to work out an arrangement with Family Ties (he could shoot BTTF on weeknights and weekends, but on weekdays he was 100% property of Family Ties), they decided that on the BTTF sets that they would keep shooting with Stoltz, mostly to "rehearse" how they were going to re-shoot the scenes once Fox was on set.  The director was told not to give Stoltz any direction, so that the footage would be bad enough on its own to convince the producers that yes, Stoltz indeed wasn't working out and that even though it would cost a lot of time and money, that everything he had done would need to be redone with Fox. 

There is actually a couple of Stoltz shots that made it in the final film...when he was in the mall parking lot in the DeLorean, and the Lou's Diner scene where Biff gets socked in the face.  Wilson confirmed that, because he said that he and Fox never shot that scene.  The fist is also coming from too high up to be Fox's. 

Oh, and phuck the Flyers and the complete trash that masquerades as their fanbase.  Any chance that they get to remind you how much they truly suck, they take full advantage. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Good thing Eric Stoltz was sacked when he was...apparently in the cafeteria scene where Biff and Marty were about to go at it (but were interrupted by Strickland), when Stoltz was still there, he was pushing back at Wilson so hard that he was leaving bruises on Wilson's chest, despite Wilson telling him to cool it, that it wasn't necessary to get so "real" (apparently Stoltz's method acting was starting to get on a lot of nerves).  Wilson and Stoltz still had the car scene at the prom to shoot, and Wilson basically said he was planning on laying Stoltz out that day...but then Stoltz was canned and that was that. 
Lots of good info about BTTF out there...apparently once it was decided that Stoltz wasn't going to cut it as Marty, and Michael J Fox was able to work out an arrangement with Family Ties (he could shoot BTTF on weeknights and weekends, but on weekdays he was 100% property of Family Ties), they decided that on the BTTF sets that they would keep shooting with Stoltz, mostly to "rehearse" how they were going to re-shoot the scenes once Fox was on set.  The director was told not to give Stoltz any direction, so that the footage would be bad enough on its own to convince the producers that yes, Stoltz indeed wasn't working out and that even though it was cost a lot of time and money, that everything he had done would need to be replaced. 
There is actually a couple of Stoltz shots that made it in the final film...when he was in the mall parking lot in the DeLorean, and the Lou's Diner scene where Biff gets socked in the face.  Wilson confirmed that, because he said that he and Fox never shot that scene.  The fist is also coming from too high up to be Fox's. 

Oh, and phuck the Flyers and the complete trash that masquerades as their fanbase.  Any chance that they get to remind you how much they truly suck, they take full advantage. 

Ohhh i heard those stories bud haha you should see my BTTF collection. Its an integral part of my life haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lots of good info about BTTF out there...apparently once it was decided that Stoltz wasn't going to cut it as Marty, and Michael J Fox was able to work out an arrangement with Family Ties (he could shoot BTTF on weeknights and weekends, but on weekdays he was 100% property of Family Ties), they decided that on the BTTF sets that they would keep shooting with Stoltz, mostly to "rehearse" how they were going to re-shoot the scenes once Fox was on set.  The director was told not to give Stoltz any direction, so that the footage would be bad enough on its own to convince the producers that yes, Stoltz indeed wasn't working out and that even though it was cost a lot of time and money, that everything he had done would need to be replaced. 

Every time I think of Wilson I always think of this:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deek_1969 said:

Nonesense??? Man were you watching the same game as everyone else??? We have one.....I repeat one highly talented player on the roster and that's Hall. Nico did very well for a rookie. Any given day one team could beat another.....I get that. But Tampa had serious talent where the Devils just do not! Devils have a bunch of money to spend this offseason and I hope they get Hall some help.

I'm not saying there wasn't a talent disparity, I'm saying they were outplayed far beyond the talent difference between the teams. There are other things that Tampa did much better than the Devils besides having better hockey players.

• Like 1

I'm just curious, because I think I'm in the extreme minority at least on this board, but does anyone else really like this playoff format? I know people are really unhappy about Winnipeg and Nashville in the second round, but I think this format is fantastic. I love the league trying to cultivate rivalries by forcing each team to get through their division first. And it makes sense; be the best team in your region to compete to be the best team on your side of the continent to compete to be the best team in the league. I love it. Another Pittsburgh/Washington matchup would be fantastic. 

The only thing I would change is if the wild card teams aren't from the same division, scrap the second wild card automatically matching up with the best team in the conference and stick each team in their division's bracket. If for instance Florida had won the first wild card instead of Philly, doesn't make much sense to put us through the Atlantic and them the Metro. 

I thought I was going to hate it because I got sick of the same matchups every year in the Patrick/Norris/Smthye/Adams divisions but there are so many more teams now that it’s not really an issue.   I agree it’s produced some good matchups so far 

Edited by Lateralous

Whats the chances Torts walks out of his presser ?  First question.....Hows that game 7 in Washington working out coach ?.....Off he'll go. I so enjoy seeing him fail .

‘We laid an egg’. ‘We sucked.’ ‘I’m not gonna break it down for you guys’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And...Columbus has still never won a playoff series. fvck em. 

As much as I was dragging the Caps, I said when it was 0-2 CBJ that CBJ was going to have a very hard time winning two more games. Even if there were times here and there they out shot the Caps they never looked like the more dangerous team and never looked in control to me for any extended period of time of any of the games.

Edited by Neb00rs

CBJ does have some talent on their roster, but they do not have WAS's scoring depth.  They have other issues, like going deep in the playoffs, but they do not have their coach making guarantees.

BOS/TOR  game 7 will be one to watch.  Let's see if BOS can handle TOR's speed.

Edited by aclc79

I'm just curious, because I think I'm in the extreme minority at least on this board, but does anyone else really like this playoff format? I know people are really unhappy about Winnipeg and Nashville in the second round, but I think this format is fantastic. I love the league trying to cultivate rivalries by forcing each team to get through their division first. And it makes sense; be the best team in your region to compete to be the best team on your side of the continent to compete to be the best team in the league. I love it. Another Pittsburgh/Washington matchup would be fantastic. 
The only thing I would change is if the wild card teams aren't from the same division, scrap the second wild card automatically matching up with the best team in the conference and stick each team in their division's bracket. If for instance Florida had won the first wild card instead of Philly, doesn't make much sense to put us through the Atlantic and them the Metro. 
I wish you would go back to the 1 vs 8 format. When you try to shove rivalries down peoples throat, it doesn't work. Baseball took a lot off of the red sox-yankees rivalry by having them play 20,000 times a year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

I wish you would go back to the 1 vs 8 format. When you try to shove rivalries down peoples throat, it doesn't work. Baseball took a lot off of the red sox-yankees rivalry by having them play 20,000 times a year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1-8 was great, pens vs caps in 2nd round getting ridiculously annoying for fans of those teams. Back in the day Colo-Detroit was Conference Finals only occurrence due to 1-8 and re-seeding