Jump to content
LittleBallofHate

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

I have to say that now that the Devs have been eliminated it would put a little smile on my face to see Winnipeg make the SCF and win.  Not only do the fans up there deserve it after how many years they've had to support mediocrity and how they lost the first iteration of the Jets, but you know a SCF in Winnipeg would be a nightmare scenario for Bettman.  Anything that Bettman hates is probably a good thing by my reckoning.

 

NSH/WIN series will be beastly!  Watch some some great hockey, and it's not the Pens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing's gonna take the sting away from being eliminated from the playoffs except for next season starting, but seeing Philly go down the way they did, on home ice, brings a little smile to my face. 

 

Attach128519_20180422_230417.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

 

 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

#PhysicsLesson

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol who cares 

Me apparently. I'm not sure why. I don't like him at all, he has a stupid face.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a joke an expansion team is rolling thru this league. Think maybe they got to poach a little too much talent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

It's a joke an expansion team is rolling thru this league. Think maybe they got to poach a little too much talent?

Perhaps. And they get the good fortune of avoiding Winnipeg and Nashville in Round 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bill Peters to be named the new head coach in Calgary: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/flames-set-to-welcome-peters-as-new-coach-days-after-resignation-from-hurricanes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that didn't take long.

 

 

Edited by titans04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

That's great.

Whether you run it from the 1 to the 5, or the 5 to the 1, it definitely ends with someone getting punched in the face near a cheesesteak stand. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be pulling for ovie  to get over the hump.. beat torts and then take advantage of a weak pens defense...   can't wait for nashv vs peg 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty sweet reading

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/wild-fire-gm-chuck-fletcher-who-leaves-behind-a-mess/

Those contracts for Suter/Parise seem like a lifetime ago but I laughed when I saw the Wild are on the hook for the Dynamic Duo until 2025.   For anyone who still doesn't think we lucked out getting out of Kovy's contract when we did, just look at those albatrosses.   

 

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This is pretty sweet reading

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/wild-fire-gm-chuck-fletcher-who-leaves-behind-a-mess/

Those contracts for Suter/Parise seem like a lifetime ago but I laughed when I saw the Wild are on the hook for the Dynamic Duo until 2025.   For anyone who still doesn't think we lucked out getting out of Kovy's contract when we did, just look at those albatrosses.   

Albatrosses that we totally would have loved to have signed at the time lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It's annoying me that Nolan Patrick got one more playoff game than Nico. 

Not me the kid was less than half the player Nico was, invisible for really long stretches.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This is pretty sweet reading

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/wild-fire-gm-chuck-fletcher-who-leaves-behind-a-mess/

Those contracts for Suter/Parise seem like a lifetime ago but I laughed when I saw the Wild are on the hook for the Dynamic Duo until 2025.   For anyone who still doesn't think we lucked out getting out of Kovy's contract when we did, just look at those albatrosses.   

The one "good thing" about those contracts is the last three years of each one is attractive from a "hit the floor" standpoint from 2022-23 on, assuming Parise and/or Suter were ever willing to waive their NMCs...each player is only owed $4 million each over the final three years of their contracts (that's not even per season...that's $4 million TOTAL for three years), but the cap hit is over $7.5 million each year.  A bad team might be able to use one of those contracts to hit the floor (or just take the hit if they don't have to worry about their cap situation for a while) and get the Wild to pay a price for helping them out. 

 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Albatrosses that we totally would have loved to have signed at the time lol. 

I was actually OK with Parise leaving at the term he got...13 years is just insanity for any player.  Was also worried (as were others) about how his game would hold up long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Albatrosses that we totally would have loved to have signed at the time lol. 

In that alternate universe, where Parise successfully convinces Suter to join him in NJ, and I think the Devils make a really solid run at the cup one or two times after that 2012 season. Especially if we still pull off the Schneider move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Whether you run it from the 1 to the 5, or the 5 to the 1, it definitely ends with someone getting punched in the face near a cheesesteak stand. 

:lol: Yup.  That's playing the odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was actually OK with Parise leaving at the term he got...13 years is just insanity for any player.  Was also worried (as were others) about how his game would hold up long term. 

Wait, when Parise left us, he signed a 13 year contract??? Holy crap, I don't remember that! lol.  Wow...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

In that alternate universe, where Parise successfully convinces Suter to join him in NJ, and I think the Devils make a really solid run at the cup one or two times after that 2012 season. Especially if we still pull off the Schneider move. 

And Biff is rich, and famous, and married to your mother!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.