LittleBallofHate

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

4 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

I have to say that now that the Devs have been eliminated it would put a little smile on my face to see Winnipeg make the SCF and win.  Not only do the fans up there deserve it after how many years they've had to support mediocrity and how they lost the first iteration of the Jets, but you know a SCF in Winnipeg would be a nightmare scenario for Bettman.  Anything that Bettman hates is probably a good thing by my reckoning.

NSH/WIN series will be beastly!  Watch some some great hockey, and it's not the Pens!

Nothing's gonna take the sting away from being eliminated from the playoffs except for next season starting, but seeing Philly go down the way they did, on home ice, brings a little smile to my face. 

Attach128519_20180422_230417.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#PhysicsLesson

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol who cares 

Me apparently. I'm not sure why. I don't like him at all, he has a stupid face.

• Haha 1

It's a joke an expansion team is rolling thru this league. Think maybe they got to poach a little too much talent?

12 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

It's a joke an expansion team is rolling thru this league. Think maybe they got to poach a little too much talent?

Perhaps. And they get the good fortune of avoiding Winnipeg and Nashville in Round 2.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bill Peters to be named the new head coach in Calgary: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/flames-set-to-welcome-peters-as-new-coach-days-after-resignation-from-hurricanes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that didn't take long.

Edited by titans04

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

That's great.

Whether you run it from the 1 to the 5, or the 5 to the 1, it definitely ends with someone getting punched in the face near a cheesesteak stand. 

• Haha 1

I will be pulling for ovie  to get over the hump.. beat torts and then take advantage of a weak pens defense...   can't wait for nashv vs peg 

• Like 1

This is pretty sweet reading

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/wild-fire-gm-chuck-fletcher-who-leaves-behind-a-mess/

Those contracts for Suter/Parise seem like a lifetime ago but I laughed when I saw the Wild are on the hook for the Dynamic Duo until 2025.   For anyone who still doesn't think we lucked out getting out of Kovy's contract when we did, just look at those albatrosses.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/wild-fire-gm-chuck-fletcher-who-leaves-behind-a-mess/

Those contracts for Suter/Parise seem like a lifetime ago but I laughed when I saw the Wild are on the hook for the Dynamic Duo until 2025.   For anyone who still doesn't think we lucked out getting out of Kovy's contract when we did, just look at those albatrosses.   

Albatrosses that we totally would have loved to have signed at the time lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It's annoying me that Nolan Patrick got one more playoff game than Nico. 

Not me the kid was less than half the player Nico was, invisible for really long stretches.  

23 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

The one "good thing" about those contracts is the last three years of each one is attractive from a "hit the floor" standpoint from 2022-23 on, assuming Parise and/or Suter were ever willing to waive their NMCs...each player is only owed $4 million each over the final three years of their contracts (that's not even per season...that's $4 million TOTAL for three years), but the cap hit is over $7.5 million each year.  A bad team might be able to use one of those contracts to hit the floor (or just take the hit if they don't have to worry about their cap situation for a while) and get the Wild to pay a price for helping them out. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was actually OK with Parise leaving at the term he got...13 years is just insanity for any player.  Was also worried (as were others) about how his game would hold up long term. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In that alternate universe, where Parise successfully convinces Suter to join him in NJ, and I think the Devils make a really solid run at the cup one or two times after that 2012 season. Especially if we still pull off the Schneider move. 

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Whether you run it from the 1 to the 5, or the 5 to the 1, it definitely ends with someone getting punched in the face near a cheesesteak stand. 

:lol: Yup.  That's playing the odds.

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was actually OK with Parise leaving at the term he got...13 years is just insanity for any player.  Was also worried (as were others) about how his game would hold up long term. 

Wait, when Parise left us, he signed a 13 year contract??? Holy crap, I don't remember that! lol.  Wow...  

17 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

In that alternate universe, where Parise successfully convinces Suter to join him in NJ, and I think the Devils make a really solid run at the cup one or two times after that 2012 season. Especially if we still pull off the Schneider move. 

And Biff is rich, and famous, and married to your mother!!

• Haha 1