LittleBallofHate

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is probably correct, although I disagree what its correct to give less of a suspension in the playoffs. The injured player is out for however many games he's out for, whether its regular season or playoffs. If a guy is that stupid and does something that reckless, on a consistent basis like Wilson, and hurts his team by getting suspended for a lengthy time in the playoffs, so be it. 

Fvck that guy. 

I think that's probably a fair way of looking at it, but you could argue that 3 games in the regular season is only 3.6% of the season. 3 games in the postseason is likely 12% of the available games, at the absolute worst. 

• Like 1

That hit was horrible, and I'm really surprised a lot of the hockey media is defending it (or not condemning it). There was nothing borderline about it. How is someone's jaw broken and anyone divided over the hit? I wonder if him sitting on the bench laughing influenced the length of the suspension.

This is Wilson's third suspension this season. I hope he has a short career. 

34 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

That hit was horrible, and I'm really surprised a lot of the hockey media is defending it (or not condemning it). There was nothing borderline about it. How is someone's jaw broken and anyone divided over the hit? I wonder if him sitting on the bench laughing influenced the length of the suspension.

This is Wilson's third suspension this season. I hope he has a short career. 

Is it really his third suspension just THIS year?  I knew he had been suspended before, but didn't realize there had been another one this year, let alone two.  Wow.  What a jackass.  Dude just doesn't learn.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I think that's probably a fair way of looking at it, but you could argue that 3 games in the regular season is only 3.6% of the season. 3 games in the postseason is likely 12% of the available games, at the absolute worst. 

Exactly. So if the penalty was the same, a douchehat like Tom Wilson would be less inclined to throw illegal hits to the head since it would affect the team more negatively in the post season. 

In theory anyway, that dude has a screw loose and it probably wouldn't make a difference. 

And I say this being an advocate for MORE physicality in hockey, not less. 

• Like 1

The initial point of contact is shoulder to shoulder.. wtf is a taller player to do.. it rides up on follow through

guys get hurt in this sport.. it's violent 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Is it really his third suspension just THIS year?  I knew he had been suspended before, but didn't realize there had been another one this year, let alone two.  Wow.  What a jackass.  Dude just doesn't learn.

First two times were in the preseason. He's just trying to hurt guys. 

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the second time was his first game back from the other suspension. He also clearly targeted the heads of Wennberg and Dumoulin just this playoffs before this. He's the one that put John Moore on a stretcher last season.

This guy deserves to have his ass kicked and left in a fvcking gutter. 

Edited by thecoffeecake

39 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

The initial point of contact is shoulder to shoulder.. wtf is a taller player to do.. it rides up on follow through

Nope - if the guys career hasn't been full of these kind of cheap hits he wouldn't be judged so harshly here by the league.  Smiling on the bench made me miss the old days of a guy like him getting punched in the face at the first opportunity that arose.   No sympathy whatsoever for this POS.  Hoping karma does catch up to him sooner rather than later.  Not a fan of either team but now hope he doesn't get the opportunity to dress for another game this season. Enjoy the nachos with a big smile on your face.

I do have a huge issue with the inconsistency by the league but I think they got it right here.

3 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Not drive his shoulder into an opponent's face.

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Total bullsh!t suspension. Where was the suspension for Kucherov. fvcking Pens.

Wilson’s hit was much worse, plus he has a history. 

Not saying Kucherov shouldn’t have got a game though. 

Bad bounce for the Caps. Went right to Guentzel. 

Doc and Milbury don't seem to see things eye to eye quite often, it seems.

9 minutes ago, SargentD said:

Doc and Milbury don't seem to see things eye to eye quite often, it seems.

Well, Doc is a gentleman, and a highly intelligent individual, and Milbury is Mike fvcking Milbury...

• Like 3

yeah to different universes.  What was Milbury's take on Wilson? I missed it.

SSDD with this Caps/Pens series. UGH 

It's really a sight to see as soon as the network switches over to the game in Wiinnipeg. Not only is everyone dressed in white -- we all knew that already -- but ALL the fans are in their seats sitting patiently. Not a one is walking down the aisle with food in their hands or just plain late arriving. To a man, they are ALL there to see the game.

• Like 4

Just now, SargentD said:

It's really a sight to see as soon as the network switches over to the game in Wiinnipeg. Not only is everyone dressed in white -- we all knew that already -- but ALL the fans are in their seats sitting patiently. Not a one is walking down the aisle with food in their hands or just plain late arriving. To a man, they are ALL there to see the game.

very cool, sitting here saying the same thing.

• Like 2

Pekka Rinne’s stick is playing better than he is :lol:

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not drive his shoulder into an opponent's face.

Wow, Just saw the hit from a different camera angle,  from the close boards not across the ice.. it looks completely illegal from that angle.. I agree with the suspension he whiffed on the shoulder and caught jaw..

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

Wow, Just saw the hit from a different camera angle,  from the close boards not across the ice.. it looks completely illegal from that angle.. I agree with the suspension he whiffed on the shoulder and caught jaw..

Yup. Gotta land your checks, and in today’s NHL, you have to land them correctly. 

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

RIP Bill Torrey. https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/william-a-torrey-passes-away/c-298423830

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great architect of those great Isles teams.  Once they got rolling,  the goonie Flyers' Cups became just a bad, distant memory.  And after the Isles' 4 came the Great One's Oiler teams.  If we enjoy this game today, the way it is played, the ultimate speed game, let's be thankful for those two great teams.  Thanks Bill, Al and Wayne.  RIP Bill Torrey.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

He's the one that put John Moore on a stretcher last season.

This guy deserves to have his ass kicked and left in a fvcking gutter. 

Yup, I do remember that and know exactly where I was.  I was watching the game in my kitchen making lunch (I think it was an afternoon game in March) and stopped when it happened because it was such a sh!tty hit.

Agree that he needs to get his ass kicked by someone.