2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Anyone else not realize Jay Pandolfo was an assistant coach for Boston?

I only remember now because you said it, but I do recall hearing it. 

13 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Lick my ass, Marchand.

wait on second thought don’t 

3rd ECF In 4 years for Tampa. They’ve really built a juggernaut.

Rags didn’t help slowing Tampa down - trading players of McD and JT caliber and getting only Namest from roster players back

Edited by PacificDevil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Lick my ass, Marchand.

wait on second thought don’t 

3rd ECF In 4 years for Tampa. They’ve really built a juggernaut.

Yeah don’t go throwing that out there, he’ll totally do it. 

• Haha 2

For all the talk about how the Devs weren't ready for these playoffs and some of the slight disappointment that was being spread around once we were bounced TB just spanked Boston just as badly. My bracket is in shambles since I had Boston going to the cup finals.

Edited by WaffleFries
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, aclc79 said:

MAF does it again!  The Cinderella ride continues....

10 GP, 8 W, .951 SV%, 1.53 GAA.

So the Penguins gave up a second round pick to not select Murray and take MAF.  I can't blame them I guess... MAF had some brutal series in the playoffs as a Penguin.  But he's playing Conn Smyth level hockey right now... insane.  

I wonder how much of Vegas's success can be directly attributed to him.  Maybe someone smarter than me can chime in with where Vegas would be with a goalie who posted a .910 or something.

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So the Penguins gave up a second round pick to not select Murray and take MAF.  I can't blame them I guess... MAF had some brutal series in the playoffs as a Penguin.  But he's playing Conn Smyth level hockey right now... insane.  

I wonder how much of Vegas's success can be directly attributed to him.  Maybe someone smarter than me can chime in with where Vegas would be with a goalie who posted a .910 or something.

Think Brodeur in 1995 with the similarly built team rolling 4 lines - they compliment each other

MAF is having a JSG type playoff so far. Getting ahead of myself here... Wonder if he’ll be the 2nd player ever to win the Conn Smyth as a loser

Actually he’d be the fourth if it happened- Reggie Leach did it in ‘76 and Hextall in ‘87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Actually he’d be the fourth if it happened- Reggie Leach did it in ‘76 and Hextall in ‘87.

Also Brian Leetch in 1994. 

Yeah, they won the Cup, but he's a Ranger so he's still a loser. 

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Huh, learned something new today. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He allows VGK to play the uptempo style they like, great confidence they have in him.  They could not do this with any mere mortal; their roster is full of those who thrive on this tempo.  (I think he does, too.)  They would not be the story that has taken the league by storm without him.

And remember, he has 4(!) shutouts in 10 playoff games, only 2 losses and 8 wins.

• Like 1