2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

The game's opening analysis by Eddie O put the burden squarely on Holtby's shoulders, and he did not disappoint.  WSH got the steal in Vegas that they needed.   It actually is a series.  Who wants to watch the same old basketball anyway.  BORING!!!

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

You gotta think the clock strikes midnight for Vegas now, don’t you?

We have been saying that forever though.

Umm, no. It’s 1-1 against a team that’s known to choke. Not time to say it’s over. 

53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

aa0ebe2b039613c8f2d14425f8b0f33b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a photo, that's perfect. I love the Vegas story, but for the record I'm rooting for the Caps to win it all, that's the kind of photo that if I ever met Holtby I'd love to have him sign.

EDIT: Also just as aside since he's in the photo and it made me think of it, the adult league I play in is in Baldwinsville, NY, which is Alex Tuch's hometown. If the Knights won the series I'd imagine the Cup makes an appearance about 25 minutes away from my house.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, titans04 said:

man is he going to regret not raising that puck, he had the entire net open and Holtby wouldn't of be able to get it raised off the ice.  Works for me though the longer the series the better.

Or he’ll regret raising it. If it stays flat on the ice it would have gotten under the stick/blocker

19 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

aa0ebe2b039613c8f2d14425f8b0f33b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holtby has always been capable of plays like this. This sets hockey apart from many other sports:  one guy can certainly steal a game, a very hot goalie.  And we have two in this series!  Does the NBA have this?  I don't think so!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, titans04 said:

man is he going to regret not raising that puck, he had the entire net open and Holtby wouldn't of be able to get it raised off the ice.  Works for me though the longer the series the better.

I can't fault Tuch for that.  The puck was rolling and on edge when it got to him.  I'm sure he thought to just get it off his stick as quickly as possible before Holtby had a chance to recover.  But that is a moment where, if Vegas loses, people on both sides will never forget it. 

• Like 2

Never said it was easy, I'm sure it's not but he had the top 90% of the net open.  I would also bet if asked he would say the same thing.  In the end Holtby makes a game saving save and we're headed for a longer series which ultimately is all I care about. 

Who will be the hot goalie tonight?  I would guess both will be making great saves, but one save will stand out.  And this is so much better than King James (and his shorts suit, lol!!) and KD and Steph!

Can Vegas rebound after being outplayed in game 3?  Part of their problem is a PP that has not been all that good in this series.  A few PP goals could change the dynamic in a big hurry.  And MAF is still competing; their D needs to watch those giveaways.