GDT: Game 2 - Devils at Lightning - 14 April @ 3pm Eastern

jagknife

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

It's insane. I don,t think I've ever seen a Devils player drop this drastically in 1 season. It really is puzzling.

Clarkson.. but thankfully his drop happened with his ridiculous contract and in a Maple leaf jersey. 😂

• Like 2

Just now, Aznjsn said:

It is actually quite sad to having seen Greene fall off so drastically and quickly. He was our unsung hero for so long, but now he is a liability and unfortunately expectations for him are high because he has the C on his jersey. His time is clearly done. Time to hand the C over to Hall.

What pisses me off a little bit as well, is you can bury him on the bottom pair, but who do you trust enough to put on the top line? At this point, he NEEDS to goddamn sit and who knows, maybe someone will step up given the chance, especially in the post season.

But his career is over, as far as I am concerned, and every time he takes the ice now, I'm expecting bad things to happen. His play now is at the piss poor level it was back in February when I was screaming for him to be scratched. It needs to happen. Never mind trying to win this series, it needs to be sent as a message that being dogsh!t is unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yoooo Schneider... Where you been, man??

He needed this save

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

What pisses me off a little bit as well, is you can bury him on the bottom pair, but who do you trust enough to put on the top line? At this point, he NEEDS to goddamn sit and who knows, maybe someone will step up given the chance, especially in the post season.

But his career is over, as far as I am concerned, and every time he takes the ice now, I'm expecting bad things to happen. His play now is at the piss poor level it was back in February when I was screaming for him to be scratched. It needs to happen. Never mind trying to win this series, it needs to be sent as a message that being dogsh!t is unacceptable.

I'd scratch him for game 3 and put Santini in. Why the fvck not at this point? He doesn't give us a better chance to win than Santini. I don,t believe that for a second.

Edited by Devs3cups

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Captaincy has shielded him from repercussions

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Sal did, and it turned out he had tons of issues from that concussion.

I still feel bad for trashing Sal as bad as I did back then. I have no such sympathy for Greene. He's being protected for whatever reason, and if a coach is doing it because of a letter, that's a foul on management

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If Tampa stays at 5, I want to see Cory for game 3. Not because any of this is KK’s fault, but the team could use a kick.

Laughed out loud at this. I agree 100%. Was beyond thrilled with the trade and now I just pray they move in a different direction. He’s awful.

He'll always find a way to score against us though. Oh well, at least he had that 2 goal game or whatever down the stretch. It wasn't a completely useless trade assuming that D prospect we sent the other way doesn't turn into anything.

I want them to get both in NJ, make it a series.

At worst, though, get 1. Let the guys who have played balls out all season feel a playoff win.

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If Tampa stays at 5, I want to see Cory for game 3. Not because any of this is KK’s fault, but the team could use a kick.

Hell, just give CS the start. Like you said its not KKs fault half of our top pair is a fvcking useless cement skated old fvck, but the team could use the kick in the ass.

Scratch Greene and Grabner, give me Bratt and Santini. Let Hall walk out of the tunnel wearing the C.

EDIT: CS is hurt, beautiful

Edited by jagknife

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He'll always find a way to score against us though. Oh well, at least he had that 2 goal game or whatever down the stretch. It wasn't a completely useless trade assuming that D prospect we sent the other way doesn't turn into anything.

Or the 2nd rounder...