GAME 3: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, CNBC, MSG+

Steven M.

RECAP

• Hedman must feel like a real tough guy cup checking a 19 year old.
  • Resiliency, this team has it.
  • Games like this one made me really miss playoff hockey.
  • Schneider was awesome tonight.
  • Games like this is why Brian Boyle was brought to this team.
  • The Devils still have never been swept in a playoff series.

GOALS AGAINST RECAP

• Goal 1
    • Missed assignment by Coleman
    • Almost impossible save to make without getting lucky.
  • Goal 2
    • Another missed assignment
    • Stoppable and should have been saved.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 30 to 42
  • ES FF: 27 to 33
  • ES SF: 22 to 25
  • ES SCF: 12 to 20
  • ES HDCF: 3 to 10
  • All CF: 58 to 53
  • All FF: 50 to 44
  • All SF: 41 to 36
  • All SCF: 22 to 27
  • All HDCF: 7 to 16

SVA POSSESSION

• CF: 27.65 to 38.22
  • FF: 24.78 to 29.62
  • SF: 20.03 to 23.06
  • SCF: 11.3 to 17.19
  • HDCF: 2.86 to 9.67

Schneider seemed like he was held together with duct tape, Coleman was injured twice, Nico took one in the nuts, but they won one.  Cory broke the streak, Johansson showed some signs of rust but overall played a pretty great game, the power play was kinda trashy overall, the PK still needs work, the 4 on 4 needs a LOT of work, and Miles Wood basically didn't play.

They got one, though.  This team finished the season incredibly average and they've looked it so far in these playoffs.  But at least they put a finger in the eye of these guys and Schneider doesn't have to go into next season with no wins in 2018.  

Also Taylor Hall is incredible.

EDIT - forgot to mention the crowd who were the real MVPs, they were loud and supportive from puck drop, one of the best Devils crowds I've ever heard

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 3

Schneider seemed like he was held together with duct tape, Coleman was injured twice, Nico took one in the nuts, but they won one.  Cory broke the streak, Johansson showed some signs of rust but overall played a pretty great game, the power play was kinda trashy overall, the PK still needs work, the 4 on 4 needs a LOT of work, and Miles Wood basically didn't play.
They got one, though.  This team finished the season incredibly average and they've looked it so far in these playoffs.  But at least they put a finger in the eye of these guys and Schneider doesn't have to go into next season with no wins in 2018.  
Also Taylor Hall is incredible.
EDIT - forgot to mention the crowd who were the real MVPs, they were loud and supportive from puck drop, one of the best Devils crowds I've ever heard

One of the best crowds I’ve experienced in 33 years of attending games. My ears are ringing and I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They brought up a good point during the post game: during his interview with Pang he essentially said how he got back in sooner than anyone anticipated, but more in a tone of surprise because of how well KK was doing and didn’t want to take it away from him.

this team is all about each other

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

One of the best crowds I’ve experienced in 33 years of attending games. My ears are ringing and I love it!!

Better than "BETTMAN SUCKS" in the Meadowlands?  Great you had an awesome time... oh so missing for years

• Like 1

What a time to find his game. There’s been a lot of talk about how un-clutch Cory is, but this game went a long way to sh!t on that narrative. 

Man though when he let in that goal at the start of the third, I thought we were toast.... that one was terrible. But overall, Cory played a great game, and I’m happy he’s off the hook with a W finally.

• Like 1

I’ll be honest, I watched ~40 Tampa games this year, went to a whole bunch, and really do actively root for them as my 2nd team. But holy sh!t I don’t know if I can ever like Hedman again. Definition of a bitch move.
What the fvck was he thinking.

The kind of guys who pull a move like that and then put a big smile on or start laughing after they do it are the worst kind of people. Those kind of players are why the league still want agitator types around and cant get rid of fights.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Man though when he let in that goal at the start of the third, I thought we were toast.... that one was terrible. But overall, Cory played a great game, and I’m happy he’s off the hook with a W finally.

The Stamkos goal was stoppable, but man, to hold this Lightning team to 2 goals in the playoffs is damn impressive. I’ll glady eat crow and admit I wrote Cory off too soon. He is clearly still capable of being a top goalie in this league. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Boyle has just gone +50 points in my esteem. That look to Sergachev was 'Stevens-esque'. ''I'll fvcking kill you, keep your eyes open'' .

Might of just brought a tear to Steven's eye mentioning him and Boyle in the same sentence :D.

Never got down on Boyle this year because of his personal situation and to me some things are more important but IF they were to go I assume they would grab on throw a couple feathers and fall to the ice.   I don't think he scares anybody but he gets an A for the effort there.

On a night like tonight, it makes the last 5 years worth the wait with what stands ahead for this team.

Hedman should be suspended for game 4.
I'd be really surprised if the higher-ups in Toronto missed that. It's probably best for Hedman to come out and apologize for such a sh!t move, and allow people to move on knowing he's a scumbag.

He’ll be fined $5,000, since that’ll do some significant and serious damage to his wallet and DEFINITELY make him think twice before trying to chop off another teenagers nuts. What a tough dude.

Another teenager? Hedman knows better. He's like a 12 year veteran or something already.

Shouldn't be chopping at nuts regardless....the puck was along the boards iirc.

And i think he laughed about it afterwards.

Sidenote: Boyle looked like he was having so much fun with Sergachev. Wonder what Boyle said to set him off. Jon Cooper has to reign his a$$holes in.