GAME 3: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, CNBC, MSG+

Steven M.

41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

As a big wrestling fan Ric Flair will literally do anything for money so all the Devils have to do is call him and get him on a plane and hand him a check lol example a..... 

The building goes nuts for the guy that's just dressed in the costume. Having the real guy there would be awesome, they should totally get that done. 

It probably wouldn't even be that expensive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The building goes nuts for the guy that's just dressed in the costume. Having the real guy there would be awesome, they should totally get that done. 

It probably wouldn't even be that expensive. 

Do it for fricken hall!! Taylor would love it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Heat of the moment or not, that’s a pretty fvcked up thing to say to a cancer survivor.

There's no doubt its fvcked up. But more likely just an example of an idiot taking things too far than a legitimate expression of his feelings. 

That said, I hope someone punches him in the face several times tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Heat of the moment or not, that’s a pretty fvcked up thing to say to a cancer survivor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing... "there's worse things to say"... like what?  Wishing someone was dead, from a pretty torturous form of pain/sickness is pretty low.  Not sure how it gets much worse than that. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There's no doubt its fvcked up. But more likely just an example of an idiot taking things too far than a legitimate expression of his feelings. 

That said, I hope someone punches him in the face several times tomorrow. 

I sure hope so.  I've been guilty of saying things in the heat of the moment, especially on the rink and in competition, but I'm not sure I've said anything quite that petty and/or vicious.  

• Like 1

NBC Sports asked me on Instagram for permission to share my clip from the Flair montage after Hall tied it and now they're blasting it out on all of their social media platforms lmao.

RE: The crowd... It's funny, I obviously told you guys my story about having the opportunity to do the "shirts off our backs" thing last game... I would think nothing can top that moment but as surreal as that was, holy sh!t, last night was easily the most fantastic atmosphere I have ever experienced personally at the Rock. I wish I could just relive the entire game over again because it was just that much fun. I didn't have a drop of alcohol last night yet woke up with a migraine from screaming and chanting so hard. Just the ebbs and flows of a good playoff game, every single one of us living and dying with every shot, hit, faceoff, missed call, incredible save, made call, missed nut shot... Just absolutely ridiculous and I wish it was 730 tomorrow already.

We're tying this series up tomorrow 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

NBC Sports asked me on Instagram for permission to share my clip from the Flair montage after Hall tied it and now they're blasting it out on all of their social media platforms lmao.

RE: The crowd... It's funny, I obviously told you guys my story about having the opportunity to do the "shirts off our backs" thing last game... I would think nothing can top that moment but as surreal as that was, holy sh!t, last night was easily the most fantastic atmosphere I have ever experienced personally at the Rock. I wish I could just relive the entire game over again because it was just that much fun. I didn't have a drop of alcohol last night yet woke up with a migraine from screaming and chanting so hard. Just the ebbs and flows of a good playoff game, every single one of us living and dying with every shot, hit, faceoff, missed call, incredible save, made call, missed nut shot... Just absolutely ridiculous and I wish it was 730 tomorrow already.

We're tying this series up tomorrow 

I found out at the last home game vs. Toronto that my 10 year old has it memorized. Funny stuff. 

Pretty cool that they are using your clip. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I sure hope so.  I've been guilty of saying things in the heat of the moment, especially on the rink and in competition, but I'm not sure I've said anything quite that petty and/or vicious.  

Ever play for/against a team with a black guy? Maybe its different now but back in the 90's when I was playing, kids were mercilessly racist. More than a few times I got into scraps (in game and outside the rink) because of guys not knowing where to draw the line with my black teammate. 

Regarding Sergachev, we have a bunch of guys on the roster right now that we don't need. Who wants to take one for the team and do something suspendible? :) 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Ever play for/against a team with a black guy? Maybe its different now but back in the 90's when I was playing, kids were mercilessly racist. More than a few times I got into scraps (in game and outside the rink) because of guys not knowing where to draw the line with my black teammate. 

Regarding Sergachev, we have a bunch of guys on the roster right now that we don't need. Who wants to take one for the team and do something suspendible? :) 

Yeah, not often, but a couple times.  When I first moved to FL in the mid/late 90s there was a black kid who was actually really good.  Can't remember anyone specifically saying stuff to him, but I'm sure it happened.  Still, I'd have to think someone who is black probably would be more offended and hurt if someone said they wish they died of cancer (especially after having had it and survived it), than being called a racist slur.  But I could be wrong.  

It's definitely different now - in the beer league I play in there's a relatively young guy, probably in his mid 20s, who's black and refs our games, but he also subs in every now and then, and I can't imagine anyone ever saying something like that to him.   

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, not often, but a couple times.  When I first moved to FL in the mid/late 90s there was a black kid who was actually really good.  Can't remember anyone specifically saying stuff to him, but I'm sure it happened.  Still, I'd have to think someone who is black probably would be more offended and hurt if someone said they wish they died of cancer (especially after having had it and survived it), than being called a racist slur.  But I could be wrong.  

It's definitely different now - in the beer league I play in there's a relatively young guy, probably in his mid 20s, who's black and refs our games, but he also subs in every now and then, and I can't imagine anyone ever saying something like that to him.   

If someone said they wished he died of cancer, he wouldn’t care, because he didn’t have cancer. But constantly getting called names, (n word and monkey were pretty popular, there was even a banana throwing incident), that’s way worse. I’m talking constantly, all game long, almost every game. 

To his credit, he kind of took it in stride. But I was the enforcer (as much as youth hockey allowed, anyway; any punches thrown were an automatic game misconduct), so it was my job to handle it, and I brought that with me off the ice. Plus I liked to fight and had a horrendous temper, so it was nice to have a purpose lol. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

3e0dfb88b4c59834a8fda3d1c957a920.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Should’ve been a penalty, but I’m ok with no supplemental discipline. Save that for the Marchand type plays.

I'll be kind of surprised if a lot of people agree just because there is a huge part of me, mostly the lower part, that would much rather get a cheap shot to my face/head than a stick blade shoved into my balls.

I'm not saying they should have suspended him, but acknowledged in some way this petty sh!t isn't acceptable. I don't think I have seen this in other professional sports, so it seems like the NHL is paving the way in the category. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'll be kind of surprised if a lot of people agree just because there is a huge part of me, mostly the lower part, that would much rather get a cheap shot to my face/head than a stick blade shoved into my balls.

I'm not saying they should have suspended him, but acknowledged in some way this petty sh!t isn't acceptable. I don't think I have seen this in other professional sports, so it seems like the NHL is paving the way in the category. 

A cheap shot to the balls (with a cup) hurts but you’ll likely be ok. A cheap shot to your head (even with a helmet, as we’ve all seen) can end your career. 

It doesn’t mean it’s right, but I don’t need the league stepping in for every little thing (pun totally intended, sorry Nico). 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

A cheap shot to the balls (with a cup) hurts but you’ll likely be ok. A cheap shot to your head (even with a helmet, as we’ve all seen) can end your career. 

Your cup only protects so much when someone runs the blade of their stick up there. The cup protects from impacts from the front, you're vulnerable from underneath. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Your cup only protects so much when someone runs the blade of their stick up there. The cup protects from impacts from the front, you're vulnerable from underneath. 

I didn’t say it was impenetrable. I know how balls work lol. 

Even still, name one guy who suffered a career ending ball injury. I can’t remember anyone ever missing a game for a ball injury, are there any?

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I didn’t say it was impenetrable. I know how balls work lol. 

I get that but my argument is that the cup probably didn't get most of that, Nico did. So I'd rather get hit in the head where my helmet is almost guaranteed to take most of the edge off. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I get that but my argument is that the cup probably didn't get most of that, Nico did. So I'd rather get hit in the head where my helmet is almost guaranteed to take most of the edge off. 

Not sure Donald Brashear would agree.