Jump to content

In 44 playoff series the Devils have never been swept


roomtemp
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

Only the Preds and the Golden Knights are the only other teams to not ever been swept in their histories. Ahh the fringe benefits of being too terrible to make the playoffs when it was 16 of 21 in the early 80s

And the Knights have had 1 series, and the Preds like 16. We have nearly triple the number of series without being swept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

Ironically, the franchise WAS swept in its only pre-Devils playoff series (2-0 in a best of 3 series against the Flyers in 1978 while playing as the Colorado Rockies).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally none of the Colorado nor Kansas City stuff counts to me. The team was never swept as the New Jersey Devils and that's all that matters to me. Though a couple of those 5 game series some years might as well have been sweeps lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Personally none of the Colorado nor Kansas City stuff counts to me. The team was never swept as the New Jersey Devils and that's all that matters to me. Though a couple of those 5 game series some years might as well have been sweeps lol

Also a 2 game sweep shouldn't count. 5 or more game series sweeps only

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, roomtemp said:

Also a 2 game sweep shouldn't count. 5 or more game series sweeps only

I actually checked each team's playoff history earlier today in response to this thread, and the three teams mentioned in the original post - the Devils, Nashville, and Las Vegas - are the only three NHL franchises to have never been swept in a best of 7 series.  That includes the Devils franchise's entire history, including its time in Kansas City and Denver.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

I actually checked each team's playoff history earlier today in response to this thread, and the three teams mentioned in the original post - the Devils, Nashville, and Las Vegas - are the only three NHL franchises to have never been swept in a best of 7 series.  That includes the Devils franchise's entire history, including its time in Kansas City and Denver.

Oh I knew that and of the one pre Nj playoff appearance. I was just stating a fact otherwise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.