GAME 4: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, GOLF, MSG+

Steven M.

I didn't expect them to win the series but I really hoped they could win the two games at home. I'm disappointed. Yes, before someone comes and tells me I'm fvcking expecting too much...I am happy that they made the playoffs and that they won a game so they didn't just lay down. I APPRECIATE WHERE THEY ARE AT.

I am still disappointed. I'm also mad because I used to like Tampa and now I can't because they are pieces of sh!t.

• Like 1

Interesting that the guy who scored two goals didn't get one of the three stars. Even the media acknowledging that he shouldn't have been in the fvcking game.

At least Schneider settled in... They should win a game where you get only two scored on ya

Schneider was fine today. The two Tampa goals were perfect snipes.
We had chances, but they did a nice job getting in lanes and blocking things. We were unlucky, and other times Vasilevsky was there
Bottom line is this
INJURE KUCHEROV IN GAME 5 IF IT GETS OUT OF HAND
Do to them what they tried to do to you today. I don't care if the hit on Vatanen was clean. I want to see Kucherov concussed or with a broken bone in game 5. Put a legit bounty on him. McSorley him if you can't get him clean. But Kucherov can not come out of game 5 healthy. I want a good ol fashioned bounty
It wasn't just that too it was the hit from behind on Lovejoy as well shortly after that.
If we're going down send them a message and really mess Tampa up. Because they were running around very cheap today

bd3d23e427a39e73fe2cc68828f50ce9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The Devils fought like hell tonight and it won't be reflected in anything, really - still, with Vatanen out, they played a relatively strong game.  That said, it wasn't enough.  Hall was not good, Nico wasn't good, and that's what the team is going to look like when those 2 are off their game - at best they can draw a team to even, and that's about what they did.  They caught some breaks with the quick whistle and the offside goal being disallowed, but they couldn't catch a break with a puck going in Tampa's net.

I think the PP should switch sides again, I think they moved Hall to try to get Tampa guessing, but that doesn't seem to be working - there just are not enough options for Hall on that side, I like the tip play they have when he's on the other side versus the one-timer attempt from the man in the box that they didn't even try to get set up.

Hopefully Hall can be fresher with 2 days off here.  

Agree with everything there.

Edit: Saw you answered to my kucherov question lol

Edited by Devs3cups

2 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Interesting that the guy who scored two goals didn't get one of the three stars. Even the media acknowledging that he shouldn't have been in the fvcking game.

At least Schneider settled in... They should win a game where you get only two scored on ya

The media do not vote on the 3 stars.  It's some Devils PR person who is probably responsible.

My heart really sank after that one, I can accept losing to Tampa if it was a clean game, but the Lightning played Flyers level dirty tonight. I just wanna kick my foot through Kucherov’s dumb fvcking commie face right now, I’m trying to cheer up and say that it’s just one game but that game pissed me right the fvck off.

Also, I’ve been a proponent of his for awhile, but I’ve had it, fvck Damon Severson. Send this soft as ice cream candy ass packing to Arizona in the offseason in a package for OEL, I’m done with him.

• Like 3

Just now, Devs3cups said:

Thoughts on the Kucherov hit?

Thought it was fine, I don't like it obviously but I don't think it's a missed call - referees just do not call this sort of thing in game, it's a big hit that looks legal and the league loves big hits and everyone hates when legal hits are called penalties. 

Kucherov might get a game for it - I also thought Doughty's hit on Carrier was fine and that got a game, so we'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

The media do not vote on the 3 stars.  It's some Devils PR person who is probably responsible.

Why do they say as chosen by tonight's attending media? 

Not doubting you, just asking. But it makes sense, I remember when the Flyers played that game against the Caps and Ray Emery assaulted Holtby they gave Emery the first star lol

Well considering the Hedman spear to the nuts went without a suspension the league owes us and Kucherov sits out game 5. But still if we win I want to see blood. You cannot let him out of this series uninjured. 

• Like 1

Just now, Triumph said:

Thought it was fine, I don't like it obviously but I don't think it's a missed call - referees just do not call this sort of thing in game, it's a big hit that looks legal and the league loves big hits and everyone hates when legal hits are called penalties. 

Kucherov might get a game for it - I also thought Doughty's hit on Carrier was fine and that got a game, so we'll see.

Yeah, I think it's a penalty based on the Doughty hit. It was definitely worse. Head shot and left his feet. If the league has and consistency, they'll suspend him. 

Just now, Steven M. said:

Why do they say as chosen by tonight's attending media? 

Not doubting you, just asking. But it makes sense, I remember when the Flyers played that game against the Caps and Ray Emery assaulted Holtby they gave Emery the first star lol

I don't know.  TG said when he was on the Devils beat that he was never asked about the 3 stars of the game.  And if he's not voting, then who is?  I guess it gives some air of legitimacy to the whole thing that there's a vote and it's not just some guy's perception.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I'm not talking about TB. I'm talking about the Devils. They're talented enough to make the playoffs, but still not good enough to shift gears into a higher level come the postseason like TB, PITT, SJS etc.

There's neither enough talent, nor experience to elevate the game. We have only one player of this caliber - Taylor Hall. Nico is still a baby, talented, but baby. Zacha is an underachiever. Palms is inconsistent, Zaijac is a 3rd liner on a good team MoJo missed a lot - can't ask much of him, etc, etc, etc not to mention players who simply don't contribute like Stafford and Wood most of the time. The rest of the offense are 3-4 liners on their best day. Defense is a problem. Goaltending...frankly could be better. And still it's a series and I know they'll do their best to play at least one more game at the Rock this year.

yay Maroon played like ass along with a handful of others but he got the puck, would of much rather preferred he did something meaningful.  That's as valuable as Boyle saying he was going to kill someone and then doesn't go after anyone (yes he had 4-5 hits - great!).  All the talk about taking out a guys knees etc. makes it feel like we're going to need a time machine to turn the clock back about 20 years for the next game.

palms showed up tonight on both ends

end of the first was the meltdown...they weather meltdown they can win like game 3

not too happy with corys first goal...he goes down too fast and gets up too slow haha ugh...he gave up 3 and could have been 5 and not for his stops...bad luck bs...the team plays out of sync in front of him;

not the 2nd goal but he goes down too fast

Edited by lazer