GAME 4: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, GOLF, MSG+

Steven M.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I've never been to a game without one, and I never will. If you're not really a fan, that's one thing. If you are, that's the time to get decked out. I have even worn Devils socks during really cold weather (they're heavy). 

Looking at the stands from TV, there was a LOT of red there and I like that. 

100% noticed the same thing.  There's definitely a lot of blue down here in Tampa, and a lot of them are jerseys too, not just shirts, and I know a lot of other arenas show up like that too (Pens, Preds, Caps all come to mind), but I must say, so far this series in the two home games we've had, I have noticed what looks to be a TON of red, and the majority of them jerseys.  It was a little surprising to see, and so, SO awesome.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Idk if it’s the red popping on tv more, but I’ve noticed this as well. I remarked the other night how it looked like the majority in Columbus weren’t wearing jerseys (which just seems weird in the playoffs). It’s great seeing so many Devils jerseys in the stands. I still think white should be worn at home, but that sea of red looks awesome. 

As I said above, I also noticed a ton of red, and, like you, I specifically noticed that in Columbus it seemed to a hodge podge of colors, most of which looked like just regular shirts and tops too - not really any jerseys.  I suppose their fanbase is still newer/young, and they really haven't had much of a taste of the playoffs, but c'mon, you can see how the other fans and arenas do it.  

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That was my exact impression of the hit. 20 years ago, that was an aggressive good hockey play. Now its a suspendible offense.

I'm really curious to see how it plays out given that its their star forward who was the offending party. Will the league suspend a guy like that during the playoffs?

I think that's the issue people have with Stevens too.  Not that he was a dirty player, because when he played, the type of hits he delivered were legal at the time.  But I think Kucherov's hit, because it was towards the head area, is probably considered illegal today.  Still, I don't think he'll be suspended.  He's a star player, it's the playoffs, and I think the league will think/know that if they take him away for one game, the Bolts would be in an uproar and look at that as an unfair turning point (if in fact it makes/made a difference and we somehow stage a comeback here)

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think that's the issue people have with Stevens too.  Not that he was a dirty player, because when he played, the type of hits he delivered were legal at the time.  But I think Kucherov's hit, because it was towards the head area, is probably considered illegal today.  Still, I don't think he'll be suspended.  He's a star player, it's the playoffs, and I think the league will think/know that if they take him away for one game, the Bolts would be in an uproar and look at that as an unfair turning point (if in fact it makes/made a difference and we somehow stage a comeback here)

See Drew Doughty..............

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I've never been to a game without one, and I never will. If you're not really a fan, that's one thing. If you are, that's the time to get decked out. I have even worn Devils socks during really cold weather (they're heavy). 

Looking at the stands from TV, there was a LOT of red there and I like that. 

There was one time that I was already at work late (around 6:00 pm), and a friend had snagged a ticket last-second and asked me to go, so I went to meet him at a game...unfortunately I didn't have time to go home to get a jersey, and man did that feel flat-out WRONG.  Part of the whole experience for me is putting on the jersey...I felt off the whole night without one.  I've gotten to the point where I usually throw one on even if I'm just in my basement, watching alone. 

Why? 

Better question:  WHY THE fvck NOT?!

24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Idk if it’s the red popping on tv more, but I’ve noticed this as well. I remarked the other night how it looked like the majority in Columbus weren’t wearing jerseys (which just seems weird in the playoffs). It’s great seeing so many Devils jerseys in the stands. I still think white should be worn at home, but that sea of red looks awesome. 

And the bolded is how I remember many Devils crowds looking...sure, a nice percentage of fans wearing jerseys, but many of them not, and several not even wearing anything Devils-related.  When I took my seat for Game 3 I was blown away by the amount of red, and sheer numbers of jerseys period. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There was one time that I was already at work late (around 6:00 pm), and a friend had snagged a ticket last-second and asked me to go, so I went to meet him at a game...unfortunately I didn't have time to go home to get a jersey, and man did that feel flat-out WRONG.  Part of the whole experience for me is putting on the jersey...I felt off the whole night without one.  I've gotten to the point where I usually throw one on even if I'm just in my basement, watching alone. 

Why? 

Better question:  WHY THE fvck NOT?!

The answer is obvious, they're guaranteed to lose if you don't wear a jersey when watching the game at home!!!

I've never been in that situation as I am the only Devils fan amongst the people I know. So its usually me with the tickets. So I am usually ready to roll. 

If it ever happened, I have a framed, 2003 team-signed replica jersey in a frame in my office. I suppose if I had to do it, I'd have to do it lol. 

26691852547_07c98156f7_b.jpg

And yes, the fact that only Daneyko signed it off of the crest bothers me, especially in light of the fact that he had ALREADY SIGNED IT on the crest. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

Just overall a really frustrating game. Props to Vasilevskiy who has been the difference in the series, but boy are we bad on breakaways (other than Hall). Anytime I see Zajac one on one with a goaltender I don't even worry about his shot being on goal I worry his shot may go straight into the protective netting.

The crowd was definitely more subdued on TV this game, seemed like the Vatanen injury just sucked so much energy out of the arena and the team too.

The PP is just flat out bad this series, especially considering the Lightning were the 4TH WORST PENALTY KILL in the regular season.

1 minute ago, dmann422 said:

Just overall a really frustrating game. Props to Vasilevskiy who has been the difference in the series, but boy are we bad on breakaways (other than Hall). Anytime I see Zajac one on one with a goaltender I don't even worry about his shot being on goal I worry his shot may go straight into the protective netting.

Hard to believe he is only 23. 

The only one who needs to be worried about Zajac on a breakaway is the goalie, because the strength of his chest protector is about to get tested...

To this day I still think that Lou was aiming for Vasilevski or Malcolm Subban when he kept the 2012 pick. I don't think he expected both of them to be gone in the first. I have no evidence, but it was a clear need and the fact that they began pursuing Schneider not long after (and not landing him until the following draft) kind of supports. 

(sorry, not trying to open the old should have given up the pick debate again)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Son of a motherfvcking bitch, go take that fvcker’s head off on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you expect when the moron in charge is only known for his stupid mustache and not his on ice play. Only take him out if we are losing at the end of the game, I want a win more than retaliation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What do you expect when the moron in charge is only known for his stupid mustache and not his on ice play. Only take him out if we are losing at the end of the game, I want a win more than retaliation. 

I want both...especially on Tampa's home ice. Get ready for the noise makers....going to have to mute my TV.

• Like 1

George Parros is a fvcking clown and this league will never be taken seriously with people like him in such positions. 

You can blame Parros, but the DOPS has always been a joke, no matter who’s been in charge. Shanahan was just as bad.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

You can blame Parros, but the DOPS has always been a joke, no matter who’s been in charge. Shanahan was just as bad.

I can at least see why he was given the job though.

Parros was a fvcking no talent goon. 

• Like 2

I want both...especially on Tampa's home ice. Get ready for the noise makers....going to have to mute my TV.

Yeah I want Kucherov taken out early. Knee him, baseball swing and take out his leg, elbow him in the fvcking head, cross check him in the face- just make sure he doesn’t leave this game on his own terms, and make sure it’s painful.

• Like 1