GAME 4: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, GOLF, MSG+

Steven M.

Okay everyone, it's time again! GAMEDAY! 

The Devils put on a show on Monday, capturing a thrilling win with one of the best third periods they've played of the season. The crowd was incredible, Taylor Hall is the MVP of the league, Cory looked like the Cory of old, and the defense played much better than the first two games. Coleman was a force, Nico took a stick to the balls, Noesen, Maroon, and Hall competed for the best celly of the night. People screamed out the Ric Flair montage that we've all memorized by now, and everyone waved their towels screaming Let's go Devils all night. That was then, though! As glorious as it was to finally experience that after six years, let's keep it rolling!

Expecting pretty much a zero chance of a lineup change tonight... of course, never say never, and not everyone was perfect but generally speaking Hynes seems to always stick with a lineup when they deliver results. Cory's injury scare was "tightness" according to him and "cramps" according to Coach Hynes so... we shall see if he comes out and plays the same way he did in Game 3! I expect that he will. Mojo looked excellent in his first action since January and was just a bit off on potting a goal last night. Let's hope he gets one tonight. 

The place had some nervous energy in the first when waiting for the first goal to be scored, and now that nervous energy has been replaced by a sense of hope that we're in this damn thing. So let's score the first goal tonight and make the roof blow off this fvcking place en route to tying this sh!t up tonight...

LET'S GO DEVILS

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steven M. said:

Okay everyone, it's time again! GAMEDAY! 

The Devils put on a show on Monday, capturing a thrilling win with one of the best third periods they've played of the season. The crowd was incredible, Taylor Hall is the MVP of the league, Cory looked like the Cory of old, and the defense played much better than the first two games. Coleman was a force, Nico took a stick to the balls, Noesen, Maroon, and Hall competed for the best celly of the night. People screamed out the Ric Flair montage that we've all memorized by now, and everyone waved their towels screaming Let's go Devils all night. That was then, though! As glorious as it was to finally experience that after six years, let's keep it rolling!

Expecting pretty much a zero chance of a lineup change tonight... of course, never say never, and not everyone was perfect but generally speaking Hynes seems to always stick with a lineup when they deliver results. Cory's injury scare was "tightness" according to him and "cramps" according to Coach Hynes so... we shall see if he comes out and plays the same way he did in Game 3! I expect that he will. Mojo looked excellent in his first action since January and was just a bit off on potting a goal last night. Let's hope he gets one tonight. 

The place had some nervous energy in the first when waiting for the first goal to be scored, and now that nervous energy has been replaced by a sense of hope that we're in this damn thing. So let's score the first goal tonight and make the roof blow off this fvcking place en route to tying this sh!t up tonight...

LET'S GO DEVILS

I agree, scoring the first goal is key.  That will keep the place jumping!  LGD!!!

• Like 1

They've got to keep getting under Tampas' skin. Coleman, Noeson, etc have to keep on being pests and not letting them settle. If the Devils can get another win tonight they'll carry the momentum into the game in Florida and that could swing the series. 

LGD!

• Like 1

I don't expect any lineup changes either and I think that's the right move.  As SH mentioned, we've pretty much seen no changes whenever the team has played well, and why not - don't mess with success.  

Agree that the first goal tonight is pretty huge, but if we don't get it, it's not the end of the world.  Would absolutely love for it to happen though because indeed the place would go nuts and I think two things will happen - the Devils will be even more amped up, and the Lightning will start to get anxious and it will further throw off their game.  

Hopefully Schneider plays well again - was really happy for him to get that win and regain some confidence.  Would love to see some guys step up who haven't been all that noticeable so far in these playoffs -- Palms, Wood, Zacha.  

Will be interesting to see if anyone drops the gloves and how long it takes before some scraps and chippy play ensues.  We definitely need to stay out of the box, but Cooper I'm sure will be preaching discipline as well, so I think the early stages of the game will be a feeling-out process as we've sort of seen in the first few games as well.

Let's Go Devils!

• Like 1

Was in 210 for Game 3, will be in 211 for Game 4.  Hoping that I'll need to find tix for Game 6. 

LGD!

• Like 1

Was in 210 for Game 3, will be in 211 for Game 4.  Hoping that I'll need to find tix for Game 6. 
LGD!

I was in 216 for game 3, but I’ll be in front of my TV for game 4. Make extra noise on my behalf! Hoping to get game 6 tickets if we can make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will miss the first period playing my own game this evening which also starts at 7:30.  Hoping we will be done in an hour and in time to catch the 2nd and 3rd.  I'll be at the bar with the team afterwards.  Let's hope I'll be in a good mood at the end, perhaps even buying celebratory shots.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Still can’t believe this game is on the Golf Channel. What a joke. 

I think I may watch it on the Golf Channel just to say I watched hockey on the Golf Channel. Of course that will require me to find the Golf Channel.

Let's hope that we keep whatever it was we did in the last game going. I know things got testy (pun intended again, sorry Nico!) at the end, but we clearly have to maintain discipline as we obviously cannot stop their power play. No stupid penalties.

Either way, looking forward to it way more down 2-1 than I would have been down 3-0. 

LGD