GAME 4: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, GOLF, MSG+

Steven M.

44 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hear you. But I don’t care about any of that. Koochierov intentionally injured our best defenseman because he couldn’t deal with him. I now want his playoffs ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD2020 do you  really believe he said to himself this guy is just too damn good for me to compete against so I need to injure him? I get the frustration of SV being hurt but can't envision anybody saying that he's so good that we can't win or compete against him, especially a high end offensive player. I truly hope the sport hasn't reached that level, I just don't see it that way. Did he take the opportunity to lay a hard hit absolutely and an injury occurred which sucks. 

23 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I think Doughty was suspended because that was a revenge hit - Carrier had taken him out earlier that game (or maybe earlier that shift, I can't recall).  Plus he expressed zero remorse, I wouldn't be shocked if he did the same during his hearing.

I think part of what a lot of people find infuriating is Cooper's comments about it which had a similar tone to Doughty's. Doughty certainly didn't help himself. Cooper should of taken a soft pass, not admitting it was a possible dirty hit but I did think his comment was pushing it. 

MD2020 do you  really believe he said to himself this guy is just too damn good for me to compete against so I need to injure him? I get the frustration of SV being hurt but can't envision anybody saying that he's so good that we can't win or compete against him, especially a high end offensive player. I truly hope the sport hasn't reached that level, I just don't see it that way. Did he take the opportunity to lay a hard hit absolutely and an injury occurred which sucks. 

Frustration makes players lash out sometimes. Vatanen had basically made Kucherov his bitch in this series, so yeah, I think it crossed his mind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I am not sure that was his intent, but did he lay into the guy specifically for that reason? Absolutely. 

• Like 1

I think part of what a lot of people find infuriating is Cooper's comments about it which had a similar tone to Doughty's. Doughty certainly didn't help himself. Cooper should of taken a soft pass, not admitting it was a possible dirty hit but I did think his comment was pushing it. 

And Cooper opening his mouth is another reason I want Kucherov taken out. Live by the sword, die by the sword motherfvcker.

Hardly his bitch, Kucherov has 9pts this series.

That’s great, he scored the GWG last night and was all over the place once Vatanen went down. Vatanen had owned him. He was quiet before the injury last night. He was a lot less quiet after.

Yeah, he only had 7 points in 3 games.  Devils were bottling him up.

Vatanen kept the guy in check as much as someone like Kucherov can be kept in check. Not really in the mood for the sarcastic contrarian bullsh!t routine today.

fvck game 5, just take these guys out. This is bullsh!t, dirtiest series I've seen from one team maybe ever. Hedman and Kucherov both deserved at least a game, if not 2. Someone needs to target kucherov's head and hedman's d1ck.

Edited by thecoffeecake
  • Like 1

I just don't see it as any more malicious than any hockey hit.  Vatanen was on the puck and Kucherov hit him, that's hockey.  Maybe he went a little high?  Maybe.  But he didn't catch the head as the principal point of contact, IMO.  The idea that this was headhunting, or premeditated, that just doesn't fly with me.  It fvcking sucks, and the Devils have to just play through it.  If there's a chance to get revenge, get it, but the Devils should be focused on winning the game, not that bullsh!t.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I just don't see it as any more malicious than any hockey hit.  Vatanen was on the puck and Kucherov hit him, that's hockey.  Maybe he went a little high?  Maybe.  But he didn't catch the head as the principal point of contact, IMO.  The idea that this was headhunting, or premeditated, that just doesn't fly with me.  It fvcking sucks, and the Devils have to just play through it.  If there's a chance to get revenge, get it, but the Devils should be focused on winning the game, not that bullsh!t.

That's exactly what they'll do. I don't think anybody was hoping for retaliation from the puck drop and taking us out of the game. If it's a close game then play the game, if Tampa starts pulling away then there has to be a mandate to get some very nasty revenge. Nothing is off the table.

To the Devils it shouldn't matter if the hit was clean or dirty. You have to retaliate with the same unrestrained brutality. It'll teach Tampa a lesson and earn us respect around the league

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And Cooper opening his mouth is another reason I want Kucherov taken out. Live by the sword, die by the sword motherfvcker.

I agree with Cooper speaking like an a$$hole.  But as others have already said, Kutcherov has been having his way with however is on the ice pts wise. I agree with Tri's summary, hard hit with an unfortunate result but not head hunting.

As for it being the dirtiest series maybe ever - that's seen through some serious red and black goggles. Young buck, maybe?

Most importantly I hope SV is ok.

37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

In other words, Vatanen has a concussion and won’t be traveling with the team to Tampa for game 5:

I've been watching hockey too long I made the exact quote from the Devils to my daughter at the game last night.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I remember multiple line brawls in the devils/Rangers and devils/Flyers in their playoff series’. Didn’t the devils have a bench-clearing brawl in an early playoff series?

Edited by Kinkyisth3b3st