2018 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

As long as Fitz stays healthy (not a given from former Alabama players) then I think we got a good one.  

I doubt this year's going to look good record-wise, but I feel like the personnel is taking forward steps.  Hopefully the management doesn't drop the coaching staff if they don't make the playoffs this year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I only watched up until the rain delay, but Minkah looks like a beast already.  There's a dude that knows how to tackle.

Had a big tackle on the 4th down play in the first quarter, and then the offense took it 98 yards the other way. Almost had a pick too. Kid looks good so far. Great game for Reshad Jones as well, two picks and a couple of great tackles. And overall a good return for Tannehill. The throw to Gesicki on that attempted fade that got picked was bad, but he threw some dimes, including the 75 yard bomb to Stills for the TD. Looked very comfortable out there. Good to see. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Was not really impressed with the win or Tannehill.  We’ll see.

They won a division game on the road. I don’t give a sh!t how impressive it did or didn’t look, I’m not giving it back. Tannehill was good enough, and he out-rushed the Jets team lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

They won a division game on the road. I don’t give a sh!t how impressive it did or didn’t look, I’m not giving it back. Tannehill was good enough, and he out-rushed the Jets team lol.

It’s good that the team feels the same way I do.  As it stands now, they’d get destroyed by teams like KC, Jax, and Pittsburgh, and probably the Pats once Edelman comes back.  

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

It’s good that the team feels the same way I do.  As it stands now, they’d get destroyed by teams like KC, Jax, and Pittsburgh, and probably the Pats once Edelman comes back.  

Probably, but you play who's on your schedule. Have a beer and enjoy first place while we’ve got it. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

3-0

Watched the game with my best friend and his brother, both huge Raider fans. Good to get revenge for last year lol. Gase dug deep into the playbook later in the game, after not being able to run effectively all day. Wilson and Grant balled out. On to New England, where we haven’t won in 10 years.... it’ll take a hurculean effort, but I really hope it’s time to finally end that drought. 

Edited by MadDog2020

32 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly what I expected, sadly. We’re on to Cincinnati.

I didn't expect the game to be anywhere near that lopsided...the Pats played their best game of the year by far.  Whether or not they keep it going will have a lot to do with how Edelman looks.  I don't want to look past the Colts (and shame on the Pats if they do), but a huge test for them will be the game against the Chiefs (on 10/14).  That looks like a brutal matchup for the Pats, and one where people will forget about yesterday's impressive win in a hurry.  Pats really need that game against the Colts. 

Dolphins vs. the Bengals should be a good one...two teams looking to establish themselves after getting off to 3-1 starts. 

Looking like a two-team race for the AFC East...the Bills aren't ready, and Bowles just keeps getting in the way with the Jets (and Darnold clearly needs seasoning). 

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn't expect the game to be anywhere near that lopsided...the Pats played their best game of the year by far.  Whether or not they keep it going will have a lot to do with how Edelman looks.  I don't want to look past the Colts (and shame on the Pats if they do), but a huge test for them will be the game against the Chiefs (on 10/14).  That looks like a brutal matchup for the Pats, and one where people will forget about yesterday's impressive win in a hurry.  Pats really need that game against the Colts. 

Dolphins vs. the Bengals should be a good one...two teams looking to establish themselves after getting off to 3-1 starts. 

Looking like a two-team race for the AFC East...the Bills aren't ready, and Bowles just keeps getting in the way with the Jets (and Darnold clearly needs seasoning). 

After all these years of watching the same game up there year after year, you didn’t expect it to be that lopsided? C’mon CR. Everyone knew what would happen. It’s a one-team race for the division, as usual. After we get run out of Cincinnati next week and the Pats beat Indy, the Pats will be back in first for good. Same sh!t, different year. And Belichick and Brady will still be here 10 years from now ruining my Sundays because, as much as I wish they’d both sit on a fvcking nailbed dipped in AIDS, they NEVER GO AWAY.

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

After all these years of watching the same game up there year after year, you didn’t expect it to be that lopsided? C’mon CR. Everyone knew what would happen. It’s a one-team race for the division, as usual. After we get run out of Cincinnati next week and the Pats beat Indy, the Pats will be back in first for good. Same sh!t, different year. And Belichick and Brady will still be here 10 years from now ruining my Sundays because, as much as I wish they’d both sit on a fvcking nailbed dipped in AIDS, they NEVER GO AWAY.

The Pats looked so bad in Weeks 2 and 3 that I thought it would not be an easy game...I was thinking ugly win, or one where the Pats pull away in the 4th quarter and make it look easier than it really was.  It's also one week, where it's Any Given Sunday now more than it's ever been (just ask Buffalo)...I don't know who the "real" Pats are yet.  If the they win their next two, I'll start to believe that they're at least on their way to another pretty easy playoff berth.  But like I've pointed out before, they play 6 of 8 on the road after the next two games (and they've already lost twice on the road). 

And of course, Dolphins have now won four of their last five against the Pats in Miami.  So there's that too. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Pats looked so bad in Weeks 2 and 3 that I thought it would not be an easy game...I was thinking ugly win, or one where the Pats pull away in the 4th quarter and make it look easier than it really was.  It's also one week, where it's Any Given Sunday now more than it's ever been (just ask Buffalo)...I don't know who the "real" Pats are yet.  If the they win their next two, I'll start to believe that they're at least on their way to another pretty easy playoff berth.  But like I've pointed out before, they play 6 of 8 on the road after the next two games (and they've already lost twice on the road). 

And of course, Dolphins have now won four of their last five against the Pats in Miami.  So there's that too. 

I can just about guaranteee you’ll be celebrating your 17th AFC East title in the last 18 years. The Dolphins (who have already lost about seven different starters to injury, including a couple more yesterday) will fold like the cheap suit they’re constructed like. We’ll be lucky to be in the wild card race come December. The curse of the Indian burial ground continuuuuuuuues. 😖

• Like 1

Yesterday the fish literally blew the division.. and that ain't an over-statement. I know the notion of that may sound silly for a game played on September 30th...... but @ 4-0 (with all their wins against AFC teams) two divisional victories, and the Pats\Jets\Bills all 1 win teams, heading into Week 5.... the Dolphins would've had to do very little the rest of the way to lock up the AFC East. If they went .500 the rest of the way, they still would've finished as a 10-6 team.. with tiebreakers.

Miami still may end up winning the division. (and at this point I think they're the favorites) But a win yesterday would've locked it up.

Yeah no sh!t Beeze. Thanks for sprinkling salt in that wound lol. I disagree though, we aren’t the favorites for the division, even being up a game. You nailed it when you said we blew it yesterday. The Pats will curbstomp Indy and they’ll be off and running. 

44 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Yesterday the fish literally blew the division.. and that ain't an over-statement. I know the notion of that may sound silly for a game played on September 30th...... but @ 4-0 (with all their wins against AFC teams) two divisional victories, and the Pats\Jets\Bills all 1 win teams, heading into Week 5.... the Dolphins would've had to do very little the rest of the way to lock up the AFC East. If they went .500 the rest of the way, they still would've finished as a 10-6 team.. with tiebreakers.

Miami still may end up winning the division. (and at this point I think they're the favorites) But a win yesterday would've locked it up.

Waaaaaaay too early to make that kind of assumption, especially when you factor in each team's track records.  It does help that the Pats are getting Edelman back...Josh Gordon is too much of a wild card to predict how much he'll help though.  But I wouldn't be able to fully rule out 11 wins for the Pats even with a 1-3 start...I can't say I'd be feeling strongly about it, but they do have a way of going on runs.

A Dolphin win (no matter how pretty or ugly it might have been) obviously would've put them firmly in the driver's seat, and as far as the Pats go, they would've used up just about all of their mulligans (at least as far as October and November go)...but I'd need to see the Dolphins have at least a two-game lead on the Pats heading into their 12/9 matchup with the Patriots to feel like "OK, now the Dolphins can really seal this thing up with a win." 

I also can't say that the Dolphins "blew the division" when they were that badly outplayed.  I think you can make that argument if the Dolphins were up by two possessions heading into the fourth quarter and seemingly outplaying the Pats, but found a way to lose.  As it stands, right now we don't really know what either team is, especially coming off Week 4.  Are the Dolphins a team that feasted on some weaker opponents early on in going 3-0?  Was yesterday's win for the Pats one of those "last gasp" kinds of wins for a team that can still show you what it was some weeks, but can't consistently do that week in week out?  Is one convincing win enough to override two horrific Week 2 and Week 3 losses?  Yesterday presented as many questions as it did answers. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Another disaster, brought to you by Ryan Tannehill. I think it’s time to draft a QB in 2019. Tannehill is who he is. The jury is no longer out, and the organization better not pretend that it still is when this season is over. I don’t wanna hear about the o-line. Every team deals with o-line attrition. The bottom line is Tannehill is a decent QB who will never carry a team, and he’s never gonna have success unless everything around him is working perfectly. On to Chicago, and most likely 3-3. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Another disaster, brought to you by Ryan Tannehill. I think it’s time to draft a QB in 2019. Tannehill is who he is. The jury is no longer out, and the organization better not pretend that it still is when this season is over. I don’t wanna hear about the o-line. Every team deals with o-line attrition. The bottom line is Tannehill is a decent QB who will never carry a team, and he’s never gonna have success unless everything around him is working perfectly. On to Chicago, and most likely 3-3. 

I guess I wouldn't draft a quarterback for its own sake.  On a stacked team, Tannehill probably can win enough.  Meaning, he probably would have taken the Seattle legion of boom teams almost as far as Russell Wilson did.  

• Like 1