2018 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

One of these days those bubble screens are going to work.

Tannehill and Gase can do their bubble screens on 3rd and 17 with some other franchise. I’m done. Get the fvck out and go be some other fan base’s source of discontent. And take that useless sack of sh!t defensive coordinator and his fvcktard wide 9 that he runs with you. 

Edited by MadDog2020

I'm wondering if Gase is out there is Miami going to make a huge run at Harbaugh much like the Jets. Ross would have the inside track here if he goes in this direction

Both Chris Johnson and Ross have denied interest in Harbaugh. Both are lying

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, '7' said:

I'm wondering if Gase is out there is Miami going to make a huge run at Harbaugh much like the Jets. Ross would have the inside track here if he goes in this direction

Both Chris Johnson and Ross have denied interest in Harbaugh. Both are lying

Florio actually reported the other night that Ross had reached out to Baltimore about arranging a ‘trade’ for John Harbaugh.... now, I don’t see that happening, but I’d be down with something like that. John Harbaugh is a great coach. I don’t know what Baltimore would want, but I’d be willing to give up a 2.... I MAY even consider a 1, seeing as how it’ll be another middle of the pack pick around 15-16. That may sound crazy, but I’m sick of inexperienced coaches, and having a solid head coach like John Harbaugh to set the right tone in the organization would be invaluable. Regardless, the next Dolphins head coach needs to have previous NFL head coaching experience. I’d be thrilled with either Harbaugh. 

Edited by MadDog2020

One other report I read about Jim Harbaugh is that Ross doesn’t want him to leave Michigan (Ross is an unofficial “owner” of the program given how much money he gives to the school) but that if he decides to leave he will make sure that he won’t be outbid, especially by the Jets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

One other report I read about Jim Harbaugh is that Ross doesn’t want him to leave Michigan (Ross is an unofficial “owner” of the program given how much money he gives to the school) but that if he decides to leave he will make sure that he won’t be outbid, especially by the Jets.

Yeah I heard the same thing.... You have to figure that Ross knows exactly what’s going on re: Jim Harbaugh, given his standing and influence with Michigan.

Tear the whole thing down, including the QB, entire coaching staff and front office.  This brain trust gets rid of the center and best defensive tackle for bogus character issues and they were the two biggest holes this season.  

Get Harbaugh at any price and perhaps we get lucky and end up with Tua after next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Gase gone. CLEAN fvckING HOUSE.

That’s what scares me.... 

According to Mando, it’s going to be a complete rebuild.  He likened it to the renovation of the stadium, if you can believe that.  Sure sounds like they’re trying to tank for Tua.  

On the other hand, people on Finheaven are speculating about Lincoln Riley.  If that’s who we want, gotta hope for a deep Cowboy playoff run since that’s who Jerry supposedly wants.  

On 12/30/2018 at 9:49 PM, MadDog2020 said:

There are tons of rumors this time of year.... no point in freaking out about it yet.

As long as Tannenbaum is still there I wouldn't dismiss Rex as a possibility.  He never did fire Rex, Woody fired HIM first.

If they are truly cleaning house I don't see why he would remain though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

As long as Tannenbaum is still there I wouldn't dismiss Rex as a possibility.  He never did fire Rex, Woody fired HIM first.

If they are truly cleaning house I don't see why he would remain though.

Tannenbaum has been kneecapped and has no authority anymore. It’s Grier’s show now.

I’ve thought about it some more, and I’m down for tanking.  If we cut Tannehill, there’s a good shot at us having the worst QB situation in the league.  Add an absolute sieve of a defense, Tua is a real possibility.  Just to make sure, trade Howard to a team that will be absolutely desperate to make the playoffs.  Maybe to the Giants for something like their second this year and first next year.   

In the meantime, draft lots of linemen and shed every bad contract you can.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I’ve thought about it some more, and I’m down for tanking.  If we cut Tannehill, there’s a good shot at us having the worst QB situation in the league.  Add an absolute sieve of a defense, Tua is a real possibility.  Just to make sure, trade Howard to a team that will be absolutely desperate to make the playoffs.  Maybe to the Giants for something like their second this year and first next year.   

In the meantime, draft lots of linemen and shed every bad contract you can.

I’m on the Tank for Tua train. At this point, it’s the only way to go.

I think it's pretty much a trade for John Harbaugh or bust for Ross (Denver is supposedly in on Harbaugh as well) Rex can do all the campaigning that he wants the only way he's getting back into the league is as a DC first. 

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I can’t believe YOU are more optimistic about the Dolphins than I am at this point. 😂😛

Harbaugh is literally the only reason I can think of for giving myself any reason to watch one minute of a Dolphins game next season.  It’s either him or hope for an 0-16 season.

• Like 1