2018 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Harbaugh is literally the only reason I can think of for giving myself any reason to watch one minute of a Dolphins game next season.  It’s either him or hope for an 0-16 season.

Yep. It’s literally land a Harbaugh, or gear up the tank. I’m fine with gearing up the tank if it means Tua come 2020.

16 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep. It’s literally land a Harbaugh, or gear up the tank. I’m fine with gearing up the tank if it means Tua come 2020.

Wondering whether they end up promoting a nothing to lose guy like Rizzi that's easily fireable but having an understanding with Harbaugh that the spot will be his if they wind up with a pick where they can draft Tua, Fromm or Herbert.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So they’re saying Flores will be the HC.  I hope he’s worse than Cam Cameron.  Be the worst team in the league, draft Tua and hire Jim Harbaugh.  I have no football knowledge at all, and that plan is superior than anything the Dolphins have come up with in like forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarterforPresident said:

I get wishfutl thinking and all, but let's stop, Jim Harbaugh is not coming over. He is not. And I am sure if he even wanted to be back in the NFL, it would be with another team then just Miami. He would be sought out.

Harbaugh will return to the NFL (within 5 years I predict). And he would've been open this year but he really wanted to be wooed and given total authority over all football decisions

5 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

I get wishfutl thinking and all, but let's stop, Jim Harbaugh is not coming over. He is not. And I am sure if he even wanted to be back in the NFL, it would be with another team then just Miami. He would be sought out.

Not now.... but once we’ve  (hopefully) successfully tanked for a QB next season, and fired the scapegoat they’re about to hire, and Ross comes with the check book (remember too that Ross runs Michigan, so Harbaugh basically works for him already)..... all bets are off. 

3 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

He isn't going anywhere until he wins it in Michigan. He's pretty much said so himself. Every. Year. He should have won it by now but he won't adapt, good coach but he's his own worst enemy. Kind of similar to his brother. We'll see, i would stop holding my breath though. 

I’m pretty confident that if the Dolphins end up with Tua or, failing that, Lawrence, Harbaugh will  be here.  It’s not just the head coach, but also the front office that Ross has thinned out to basically Chris Grier (the Devils’ assistant coach’s brother btw) who has been pretty good at drafting.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Daniel said:

I’m pretty confident that if the Dolphins end up with Tua or, failing that, Lawrence, Harbaugh will  be here.  It’s not just the head coach, but also the front office that Ross has thinned out to basically Chris Grier (the Devils’ assistant coach’s brother btw) who has been pretty good at drafting.  

On 1/13/2019 at 10:53 PM, Daniel said:

I don’t want to say I’m some kind of genius, but I guess I am some kind of genius for figuring out the Dolphins want to load up on their lines and get the QB next year.

I mean, the writing had been on the wall lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2019 at 10:29 AM, Daniel said:

As it stands now, the Dolphins are set to head into next season with a ridiculous $120 million in cap space.

Plus 10 picks. So far, so good for Grier.... he better do a better job with his ‘picks and money’ (remember that?) than Ireland though. 

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Plus 10 picks. So far, so good for Grier.... he better do a better job with his ‘picks and money’ (remember that?) than Ireland though. 

This Dolphins should use all of their picks this year on offensive and defensive linemen and somehow get Nathan Peterman in here to start. 

• Like 1