2018 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

I love the week 11 bye, and I love that we get NE and the Jets on the road out of the way early. I don’t love being @ Buffalo week 17. Also, love no bullsh!t trips to London, and no west coast trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Minkah and the second round pick, TE Mike Gesicki, will both have immediate impact, and I like both picks.  Less sold right now on Jerome Baker - seems like a high pick for someone who profiles as a sub-package linebacker.

Baker will sub in for Alonso in coverage, this pick and the Fitz pick should hopefully go a long way towards helping with our horrible inability to cover TE’s and RB’s. The Gesicki pick finally gives us a red zone TE target. Two Jersey guys in this draft too with Fitz and Gesicki.

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Baker will sub in for Alonso in coverage, this pick and the Fitz pick should hopefully go a long way towards helping with our horrible inability to cover TE’s and RB’s. The Gesicki pick finally gives us a red zone TE target. Two Jersey guys in this draft too with Fitz and Gesicki.

Hopefully Gesicki doesn’t turn into Egnew on account of not being able to block.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

OTA’s start today... Tannehill back on the field for the first time since last summer.

And that time of the year for "Is this the year that Tannehill finally . . . . Part XIV"

And that time of the year for "Is this the year that Tannehill finally . . . . Part XIV"

Last year would’ve been ‘the year’ if he just had the surgery after he injured the knee- he was FINALLY beginning to ascend in 2016, and then he of course gets hurt. Hopefully he can finally take that step forward we’ve all been hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Camp is open. Football is BACK!

As I have less interest in the team or the NFL than at any time that I can remember, this will probably be a good year for the Dolphins.

• Like 1

I hate to say it but to be brutally honest I think you have some foundation stones in Gesicki and Fitzpatrick. 

Yeah that would be nice lol. Sadly, I think you guys found your QB too. Hope Fitz spends his career terrorizing Darnold! [emoji14]

1 hour ago, '7' said:

I hate to say it but to be brutally honest I think you have some foundation stones in Gesicki and Fitzpatrick. 

If Fitzpatrick doesn't turn out to be a really good player, the Dolphins need to get a new scouting staff.  Apparently they were offered a very generous deal to trade down (something that included a first round pick for next year) but stood pat specifically so they could take Fitzpatrick.

Who knows about Gesicki.  It seems like teams are constantly trying to get the next Gronk or Jimmy Graham, and they always end up with a dud.  It reminds me of how NHL teams were always trying to get the next Milan Lucic. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hope so lol.

Yeah, but it's self defeating in that they'll win the first few games, I'll get more interested, then they'll suck.  So maybe the only hope is that Kenny Stills takes a dump on the flag in the middle of the field.  The Dolphins will turn into the greatest dynasty in NFL history at that point. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but it's self defeating in that they'll win the first few games, I'll get more interested, then they'll suck.  So maybe the only hope is that Kenny Stills takes a dump on the flag in the middle of the field.  The Dolphins will turn into the greatest dynasty in NFL history at that point. 

If that’s what it takes, get Kenny a flag and let him go to work. [emoji14]

If Fitzpatrick doesn't turn out to be a really good player, the Dolphins need to get a new scouting staff.  Apparently they were offered a very generous deal to trade down (something that included a first round pick for next year) but stood pat specifically so they could take Fitzpatrick.
Who knows about Gesicki.  It seems like teams are constantly trying to get the next Gronk or Jimmy Graham, and they always end up with a dud.  It reminds me of how NHL teams were always trying to get the next Milan Lucic. 

I generally expect everyone we draft to not be very good because Dolphins, but the consensus from literally just about every person who gets paid to do something football related said if there was a slam dunk in this draft to be as good as advertised, it’s Fitzpatrick. I can only hope all of those people are right.