GDT: Devils @ Tampa Game 5 4/21/2018 3:00 PM NBC, NBCSN

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Good coaching, scouting, briefing, by the Bolts for the series.

The Oldies and Ogres need to go from the DEVS... that's on top of signing 4 new defensemen in the offseason

I'll probably get sh1t on for this, but I didn't think Greene was terrible this series. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Cory with a huge fvcking game. Gave us a chance all the way.

That he did.  His play after coming in early in Game 3 was probably the one positive to come out of this series for the Devils.

Disappointed to have lost but the team's performed way better this season than I thought they would. Definitely been more entertaining to watch than they have for years. Can't wait to see what Shero does this off season. Now I'm going to drink vast quantities of beer. 

Cory was phenomenal. 
Well be back next year. And better.

That’s one of the huge positives to come out of this series for us- Cory showed he’s back, and showed he’s capable of upping his game in a big spot. Those aren’t small developments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s one of the huge positives to come out of this series for us- Cory showed he’s back, and showed he’s capable of upping his game in a big spot. Those aren’t small developments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge for his confidence too.

• Like 1

Schneiders play in this game was encouraging. Not sure he gets handed the job. He'll have to earn it. Some things with Schneider we'll have to learn to live with but today showed maybe he can go back to being a high save % guy for long stretches. 

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Huge for his confidence too.

Yes, it was way better for Cory to have these three games under his belt rather than either sh!tting thebed, or worse, sitting on the bench having lost his job, and then thinking about that until October. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, it was way better for Cory to have these three games under his belt rather than either sh!tting thebed, or worse, sitting on the bench having lost his job, and then thinking about that until October. 

He'll be fine coming in next year. He's our starter.

8 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

That he did.  His play after coming in early in Game 3 was probably the one positive to come out of this series for the Devils.

7 points in 5 games for Hall was a pretty solid series for him as well. Really only had one bad game. 

On one hand, the Devils got screwed by the refs and the league this series.

On the other, they also got outplayed by Tampa, who is the #1 seed in the EC after all. I also thought Hynes was outcoached by a large margin in this series, even in our own house. Though, Cooper did have a lot more weapons to work with.

• Like 2