GDT: Devils @ Tampa Game 5 4/21/2018 3:00 PM NBC, NBCSN

MadDog2020

Ok.... I’ve had enough of these pretentious fvcktards pushing us around. It’s time to go into their house, drink their beer, fvck their wife, and piss on the foyer floor on the way out. You know these dickholes don’t wanna scrap their plans to rest up for round two by having to board a plane back to Newark for game 6..... Well it’s time to fuel that bitch up and pack your coats motherfvckers, because you have a flight north on Sunday morning whether you like it or not. Ice the fvck up. LGD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Sold my Red Bulls tickets for their home game at 3:30 to go to the Devils watch party at the arena. Hate missing games to watch games on TV but with it being an elimination game I'd be too annoyed being at the Red Bulls game and potentially hearing the score.

I could be wrong but I don't recall them ever doing these viewing parties for a first round match up in the arena so I think it's awesome and with the new videoboard I really wanted to go. If it was the old videoboard I'd probably just watch from home lol

Plus the money is being donated to the Humboldt Broncos so that's even better. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

Hoping hard for a Game 6. 

And if the Devils make it, only to lose in front of their home crowd?

As the time winds down in the third, even if they're losing by 3+, I'm going to be there giving them a standing O.  Why?  Because this was a hell of a year.  Because this team made rooting for the Devils fun again (even when they weren't).  Because they may not always win, but they damned near never quit, and they have heart to spare.  This team showed me a hell of a lot in 2017-18.  I'm not sure how linear the path will be to bigger and better things, but at least I can think about bigger and better things, and that's a huge step forward.  More fun times ahead. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

So I take Kucherov got a pass? Plus, no Bratt because fvck why would you want a young talented player hoping to prove himself in perhaps the last game of the season?

You mean the Bratt who had 1 goal and 4 assists and was a -15 in his final 30 GP? 

Maybe the coaches who see him every day in practice know a lot more than we do.  Maybe the guy in his first NHL season simply ran out of gas and doesn't have anything left.  At any rate, I think Hynes & Co have earned the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You mean the Bratt who had 1 goal and 4 assists and was a -15 in his final 30 GP? 

Maybe the coaches who see him every day in practice know a lot more than we do.  Maybe the guy in his first NHL season simply ran out of gas and doesn't have anything left.  At any rate, I think Hynes & Co have earned the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

Without looking I’m going to guess Stafford and Gibbons had equally unimpressive numbers during that period. And that one Bratt goal was highlight reel quality. I think it’s safe to say he’s far more skilled than those other guys, and he’s well rested at this point. Why not throw him in and see what happens? At least he’d get some playoff experience. He must be looking really bad in practice, or Hynes is just opting to go with the veterans over him. Which I wouldn’t agree with.  

Edited by Nicomo

19 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I made my date plans for 7 so PLEASE NO OVERTIME!  If it does go to OT and I miss it it will be ok because if they lose I don't wanna see it and if they win I get to watch another Devils game monday.  BUT Come on Devils Win!

Coming in here being all "LOOK AT ME I GOT A DATE" pfft whatever man....:blahblah:

I'm kidding, have fun!  :cheers:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I made my date plans for 7 so PLEASE NO OVERTIME!  If it does go to OT and I miss it it will be ok because if they lose I don't wanna see it and if they win I get to watch another Devils game monday.  BUT Come on Devils Win!

At first I thought you meant the date. I think you should have. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Without looking I’m going to guess Stafford and Gibbons had equally unimpressive numbers during that period. And that one Bratt goal was highlight reel quality. I think it’s safe to say he’s far more skilled than those other guys, and he’s well rested at this point. Why not throw him in and see what happens? At least he’d get some playoff experience. He must be looking really bad in practice, or Hynes is just opting to go with the veterans over him. Which I wouldn’t agree with.  

I just think Hynes must have a legit reason for not wanting to play Bratt...I think if Hynes genuinely thought that Bratt should get a look, he'd be in there.  Sadly we didn't see that much of his skill as the season wore on...and as has been pointed out before, but his sharp downturn began right about when he hit the same amount of GP that he had played in seasons prior to joining the Devils. 

38 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Coming in here being all "LOOK AT ME I GOT A DATE" pfft whatever man....:blahblah:

I'm kidding, have fun!  :cheers:

HAHAH I have been trying to get together with her again since Nov.  So this is long over due.  A Devils win would make it all so much better though!

Lol why even bother speculating at this point that ooo he might still play, what's he gonna do? Take the first flight out tomorrow morning for the 3pm game? Lol 

Yeah they may as well just rule him out. He isn’t playing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

HAHAH I have been trying to get together with her again since Nov.  So this is long over due.  A Devils win would make it all so much better though!

Keep forgetting to ask you this but any idea what the backstory is with Snoopy being in the picture with a young Neids? Lol

Keep forgetting to ask you this but any idea what the backstory is with Snoopy being in the picture with a young Neids? Lol

Pretty sure that was at the ‘91 draft. I’m guessing Snoopy is there because Charles Schultz was a huge hockey fan.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

yep that's the Bratt.

Hynes as stated has earned the benefit of the doubt here imo.

15 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

It was from his draft year and not sure why snoopy was there but i find it humorous. 

I tried doing a Google search to see if Snoopy took pictures with everyone that year but I came up with nothing. The draft was in Buffalo so it's not even like it was Charles Schultz's hometown, it just seems so random lol

Edited by Satans Hockey