Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

GDT: Devils @ Tampa Game 5 4/21/2018 3:00 PM NBC, NBCSN

28 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

This season Zajac got pushed down the depth chart to 3rd line C, which is where he should be.  Is he overpaid?  Yes.  Is it hurting the team?  No, so it is not really an issue right now.  By the time it might become an issue the buyout option will be a bit less daunting.

I think we should be more concerned about Zacha being a 2nd line C.  He really hasn't shown anything to me that he deserves to be there.  That is a spot where I hope maybe McLeod can take in the near future.

Yup. I suspect Zacha could be elsewhere by the time October rolls around. 

I don’t see trading Zajac as a huge priority. 

I don’t see it as a priority at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t see it as a priority at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Because, not only for the reasons discussed above, but what the fvck do you think you get in return for a 32 year old Travis Zajac at $5.75m? You'd either have to eat salary, which defeats the purpose, or get a sh!tty return. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. Because, not only for the reasons discussed above, but what the fvck do you think you get in return for a 32 year old Travis Zajac at $5.75m? You'd either have to eat salary, which defeats the purpose, or get a sh!tty return. 

Over his last five seasons (371 GP), Zajac's averaged 15 G and 26 A per 82 GP, and won 53.0% of his faceoffs.  In three of those seasons his offensive numbers really weren't that bad (averaged just over 47 points per 82 GP in those years), and he did put up 19 points in his last 30 GP this year.  He's now playing a little less time per game, which is a good thing, given his age. 

I really don't think his still being here is such a bad thing...yes, he's overpaid, but as long as he can stay healthy and not decline too much, and he's not asked to do more than he should, he can still find ways to help the Devils. 

But your post is 100% right.  You're likely taking another bad salary back.  Shero could possibly buy Zajac out after the 2019-20 season if so inclined...Cammalleri will only have one year left on his buyout deal at that point.  But who knows...by then Shero may have already bought out Greene's last year.   

Was a disappointing afternoon Saturday, but I can't get too down on these guys. They weren't even expected to make the playoffs. Hope they enjoyed the taste and come back even hungrier next season.

As for the rest of the playoffs, I will watch to see somebody put this punk-ass bitch Tampon Bay team in their fvcking place like the whiny bitches they are.

• Like 2

I believe the Devils have $20 million in cap space. Dream scenario, ink Carlson and Tavares. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

But your post is 100% right.  You're likely taking another bad salary back.  Shero could possibly buy Zajac out after the 2019-20 season if so inclined...Cammalleri will only have one year left on his buyout deal at that point.  But who knows...by then Shero may have already bought out Greene's last year.   

In a world where buying out one means not buying out the other, I'm buying out Andy Greene all day long. And I will go as far as to say that nobody should have the opposite opinion. :) 

• Like 1