GDT: Devils @ Tampa Game 5 4/21/2018 3:00 PM NBC, NBCSN

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

The Grabner move looked fine on paper. I was happy with the move at the time. 

Same here, sometimes moves that seem like they make perfect sense just don't work out...maybe if he had a full season here, he could've figured things out.  Don't think we'll ever find out though.

Just now, lazer said:

if tampa is so stacked than devils need to get dirty...like, tampa

smaller guys are playing feisty, the big guys are slow, they need to use their bodies and lay those shoulders on Tampa battling the boards make the Bolts earn that puck.  Tampa is keeping distance, east/west passing.

I would like Palmeri to correct his situational play. He's too close to the puck holder when the Devs are in the Ozone a lot, go to a spot where the puck can be passed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

did you honestly believe this team could beat one of the best teams in the league? cory is obv hurt, half the team is full of kids. our d is horrible. 

so yea I will take the high road while we lose. 

Cory would not be in net if he was hurt. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Same here, I expected Grabner's speed to fit in perfectly with us. Shame it didn't work, but it happens. 

Same here. Mind you it took Hall & Sami time to find their game with us. Coleman didn't look anything like the player he is now last season. Has Mojo looked anything like the player we thought we were getting yet? Sometimes it takes time to adjust/settle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Same here. Mind you it took Hall & Sami time to find their game with us. Coleman didn't look anything like the player he is now last season. Has Mojo looked anything like the player we thought we were getting yet? Sometimes it takes time to adjust/settle.

Unfortunately it wasn’t really an issue of getting used to a new system. He was getting plenty of chances when he first came over, just couldn’t ever finish. 

22 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

beginning of the year I thought he would of been what woods is. basically a Clarkson. he surpassed that and reminds me so much of carter. and that is a great thing! 

noesen has stepped up too. 

lol seems like the first time 

They're basically Carters with a better scoring touch imo. And they fit real good together, I'm happy they'll be here for a while. Great players to have!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Devils have won 4 out of 7 on the year. Thinking they could pull the upset was not that crazy. 

All three of the regular season wins could've gone the other way, and three spread-out regular season games aren't always a great indicator of how a playoff series will go.  Didn't stop me from being hopeful...I thought the Lightning would win in six, but I did think that if a lot of things broke right, that the Devils had a shot.