Tavares or Carlson

Devils Pride 26

Tavares or Carlson  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Tavares or Carlson

• Tavares
    • Carlson

The Devils are going to have some money to blow this offseason. They have the money to be in the running for two of the biggest names out there. If you had the choice to pursue only one of them, who would it be and why? I'm not sure myself, both are tremendous players but I do have concerns for each. I have a feeling Tavares will age poorly, and I wonder how much Carlson poaches secondary assists on the PP. 

Have at it.

The Devils are going to have some money to blow this offseason. They have the money to be in the running for two of the biggest names out there. If you had the choice to pursue only one of them, who would it be and why? I'm not sure myself, both are tremendous players but I do have concerns for each. I have a feeling Tavares will age poorly, and I wonder how much Carlson poaches secondary assists on the PP. 
Have at it.

It’s tough to choose only one, but I think I’d have to go Tavares. Having Nico and Tavares down the middle would be insane. But I’d be plenty happy with Carlson as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough choice? Tavares is a top 5 center in the league. I absolutely go with Tavares. Could you imagine the PP?

Hall, Hischier, Tavares  (one or the other plays the wing on the PP), Palmieri Butcher.

Boner material right there

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

Carlson. I don’t think they have a legit shot at Tavares. He’ll probably stay with the Isles. And the blue line needs a ton of help. 

I think he bails on the Islanders, he's a moron if he doesn't. If you have a chance to get away from a dog sh!t organization you should take it. 

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think he bails on the Islanders, he's a moron if he doesn't. If you have a chance to get away from a dog sh!t organization you should take it. 

The Isles brass would be even bigger morons to let him get away. They still need to be able to sell tickets, and that organization already has enough issues. Letting your best player since the dynasty era walk would be a catastrophe.

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The Isles brass would be even bigger morons to let him get away. They still need to be able to sell tickets, and that organization already has enough issues. Letting your best player since the dynasty era walk would be a catastrophe.

Depends on how he feels which obviously none of us know but you can't make someone sign who doesn't want to be there. I think he sees this as his way out of a dog sh!t organization and he's going to take it. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Depends on how he feels which obviously none of us know but you can't make someone sign who doesn't want to be there. I think he sees this as his way out of a dog sh!t organization and he's going to take it. 

Hope you’re right. 

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We, on the other hand, are attractive as fvck ;) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

So you're saying Price is a moron by signing a long term deal with a sinking MTL team?

yes. yes he is.  

Just now, Devs3cups said:

We, on the other hand, are attractive as fvck ;) 

Hell we could even help him move! it's not that far

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

So you're saying Price is a moron by signing a long term deal with a sinking MTL team?

yes. yes he is.  

Hell we could even help him move! it's not that far

Hahaha it isn't!! Which is another positive. Wouldn't be in a totally unknown territory in Jersey!

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Some guys are loyal to the team that drafted them. All we can do is speculate at this point, but it’s not like the Isles are the Sabres or Coyotes. 

He's only been in the playoffs 3 times and played 24 playoff games in 9 seasons. He should bounce and I would if I was him as well. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

Carlson. I don't like the idea of totally changing the complexion and direction of the team by adding a superstar. Last time we did that, we had a cup contender that fvcked out of the playoffs in 5 games. Different scenario, of course, but I don't like an up and coming team totally changing their dynamic to accommodate something like that. 

Let the Rangers sign him and we can watch another career die there.

Edited by thecoffeecake
  • Confused 1

I feel like you have the wrong Karlsson in the poll.   

Given our cap situation, we’re going to be able to add one really big fish at some point.   I want an elite guy to add to the core.  Using that space on guys like Carlson or JVR, when Shero has been great at acquiring the Palmieri, MoJo, Vatanen types, would be disappointing to me.   Karlsson, Tavares or save the cap space for next year for me.   

I obviously voted Tavares here.   I would hope that would also push a Zacha to left wing where I think he should have been all along.   

Edit: I’m aware Karlsson isn’t an UFA but he’s clearly available.   

Edited by Lateralous