Tavares or Carlson

Devils Pride 26

Tavares or Carlson  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Tavares or Carlson

• Tavares
    • Carlson

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

You wouldn't keep Vatanen? He's one of the two defenseman on the team that doesn't make you want to bleach your eyeballs.

I like Vatanen a lot, but he will be 29 when he's due to be extended.  If the Devils could extend him 4 more years, great, but he'll probably want 6 or 7 years.  It's bad timing.

47 minutes ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

Is Eric Gelinas still even in the NHL?

Pretty sure he sold me chicken tenders at the last home game of the year. If that counts as being in the NHL, then yes. 

2 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I like Vatanen a lot, but he will be 29 when he's due to be extended.  If the Devils could extend him 4 more years, great, but he'll probably want 6 or 7 years.  It's bad timing.

It’s a very good point. He’ll be looking for that one last payday, for as much and as long as possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mackchi said:

This thread is just one giant fantasy dream. If Shero pulls this off they should immediately make plans to immortalize him with a statue on Mulberry St. dressed as a Caesar or Greek god. 

:hail:

Why is it a fantasy?

Devils have plenty of cap space.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

You’re giving Kucherov too much credit. It was hardly a Scott Stevens special. Vats should be fine. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Vatanen also doesn’t have a concussion history as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope he hasn't but really have to see how it plays out since he will be more prone to them now. Look at Mojo who never had issues before this year either. If he ends up with another one or two before he needs to be signed I certainly wouldn't sign him to a long term contract. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 12:43 PM, mfitz804 said:

Pretty sure he sold me chicken tenders at the last home game of the year. If that counts as being in the NHL, then yes. 

It’s a very good point. He’ll be looking for that one last payday, for as much and as long as possible. 

he got promoted, prior games he was in charge of refreshing the mint cakes in the pissers.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if anyone knows if the Devils are going to go after either one of these two.

Carlson would make more sense since the Devils think the world of McLeod as a potential number two center.

But I have no idea who or what the Devils want.

Could the Devils make two big splash FA signings like Minnesota did with Praise and Suter?

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I wonder if anyone knows if the Devils are going to go after either one of these two.

Carlson would make more sense since the Devils think the world of McLeod as a potential number two center.

But I have no idea who or what the Devils want.

Could the Devils make two big splash FA signings like Minnesota did with Praise and Suter?

If they can get JT, get him. You don’t pass on one of the top centers in the game because a guy on your AHL team may be good one day. 

• Like 1