What happened to the equipment sales?

SeanMac16

I'm not sure if this has been touched on in the past (probably has) I remember going to the equipment sales on draft day ( last one I remember was when we drafted Larsson) getting top of the line sticks for $75 was a damn steal! Does anyone know what happened to all of that? It was such a great event to go to. I guess they sell everything through meigray now? I just saw their post on Instagram with all those hockey sticks and my mouth started salivating hahaha.

also I heard about the meigray warehouse sale that happens once a year, is that what they call the Meigray expo? that seems to look like all jerseys but I'm more in it for Sticks and gloves in particular, is the warehouse sale a different thing? okay enough with my questions thank you for any answers in advance!

The Devils last had their equipment sale back in 2011.  It was usually paired with the draft party.  From what I have heard they stopped with the equipment sales because it became too much of a zoo with the people and so they basically just sell everything through their official dealer, Meigray.

Meigray does have a warehouse sale every year in July immediately after their expo.  The expo this year is on July 14th at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ which is where they have held it for at least the past 10 years.  The expo is from about 9-4 and then the warehouse sale usually starts around 4:30-5.  The warehouse is literally a 5 minute drive from RVCC.  The focus is on jerseys, but usually the equipment is on sale as well.  Last year all Devils in-stock game used equipment was 25% off retail price listed on their website.  The summer sale usually lasts until at least the end of August/early September via the website with the same prices/terms, but the actual warehouse visit is only on the day of the expo after the expo closes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

The Devils last had their equipment sale back in 2011.  It was usually paired with the draft party.  From what I have heard they stopped with the equipment sales because it became too much of a zoo with the people and so they basically just sell everything through their official dealer, Meigray.

Meigray does have a warehouse sale every year in July immediately after their expo.  The expo this year is on July 14th at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ which is where they have held it for at least the past 10 years.  The expo is from about 9-4 and then the warehouse sale usually starts around 4:30-5.  The warehouse is literally a 5 minute drive from RVCC.  The focus is on jerseys, but usually the equipment is on sale as well.  Last year all Devils in-stock game used equipment was 25% off retail price listed on their website.  The summer sale usually lasts until at least the end of August/early September via the website with the same prices/terms, but the actual warehouse visit is only on the day of the expo after the expo closes.

You’re the man! Thank you

On 4/24/2018 at 9:12 AM, DevsMan84 said:

Will Meigray be selling the new jerseys on EBay like last summer at some point? 

28 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah. Will they sell the new Adidas like that? Or was that only because of the switch?

Most likely not.  Those Edge 2.0 jerseys they sold (they are still selling them to this day on ebay and through their website) last year were because of the switch so that was basically team deadstock.  From what I have been told over there in the past, technically the teams own those blanks until they either need them or don't.

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2018 at 9:12 AM, DevsMan84 said:

Is there about the same amount of equipment available as there was at the draft parties?  The draft parties were great for getting top of the line equipment at a huge discount, but the downside was you had to deal with the lunatics who turned the whole place into a mess digging through piles of stuff to find a stick that had Kovalchuk's name printed on it.  If there is about the same amount of stuff for sale at the expo, then maybe it's better for people actually looking to use the equipment to have the sale detached from the draft party.

Edited by devilsfan26

22 hours ago, devilsfan26 said:

Is there about the same amount of equipment available as there was at the draft parties?  The draft parties were great for getting top of the line equipment at a huge discount, but the downside was you had to deal with the lunatics who turned the whole place into a mess digging through piles of stuff to find a stick that had Kovalchuk's name printed on it.  If there is about the same amount of stuff for sale at the expo, then maybe it's better for people actually looking to use the equipment to have the sale detached from the draft party.

Just to clarify, the expo is really more of a game worn jersey hobby event.  It's mostly a bunch of collectors with tables showing off their game worn items (largely jerseys).  Last year it was $40 per person and it included a blank Edge 2.0 jersey as well as an autograph from the guest speaker (it was Adam Oates last year and Mike Bossy the year before).  There are dealers there with items for sale, but typically more jerseys for sale and not really equipment.

The warehouse sale at Meigray right after the expo is I think what you would be interested in.  That's where jerseys and equipment are for sale.  Last year all in-stock Devils equipment was 25% off the list price on their website.

is the same amount available?  Hard to say but they do have a large wall of just Devils sticks where they store hundreds of them.  Some Devils sticks are normally as low as $25 so there are deals to be had.  I do know that the Devils would put anything and everything out there while Meigray can sort of pick and choose.  One of the interesting things they had last year that wasn't on the website were worn and some unworn practice jerseys from all years and different colors and sizes.  All were $25 each and they had hundreds of them.

Edited by DevsMan84

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.