2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

As much as I'd like to see Carlson here, the Caps have to sign him. Who else do they have? Nishkanen? Orlov? Is our Charlie McCoy out there? (draft wise) Looked on Cap friendly, and don't see anyone I'd really love to see here. JVR?, maybe Sustr.  

3 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

As much as I'd like to see Carlson here, the Caps have to sign him. Who else do they have? Nishkanen? Orlov? Is our Charlie McCoy out there? (draft wise) Looked on Cap friendly, and don't see anyone I'd really love to see here. JVR?, maybe Sustr.  

They can’t afford him without moving some other guys out. 

thats the thing though, as a team hoping that he doesn't re-sign... you just look at the situation and you go "pfff they can't re-sign him they can't afford it with the space they have"... cause that's what you want to believe. But i mean... if you're the Caps... you will try to clear some other contracts and try to squeeze him in.

Who goes... "ohhhhh it sucks but i can't afford to buy a turkey for christmas this year... there's just no room in my refrigerator... it's full of leftover containers and half empty ketchup bottles" lol

You find a way to make room and get rid of the less important stuff in there if you have to

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

thats the thing though, as a team hoping that he doesn't re-sign... you just look at the situation and you go "pfff they can't re-sign him they can't afford it with the space they have"... cause that's what you want to believe. But i mean... if you're the Caps... you will try to clear some other contracts and try to squeeze him in.

Who goes... "ohhhhh it sucks but i can't afford to buy a turkey for christmas this year... there's just no room in my refrigerator... it's full of leftover containers and half empty ketchup bottles" lol

You find a way to make room and get rid of the less important stuff in there if you have to

That's how Ray picked up Johansson.  I would think a relatively young well seasoned D-Man is for more of a priority.

Who are they getting rid of then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, EdgeControl said:

Speaking of getting rid of:

Boyle, Hayes, stafford, Grabner,   what will johansson Do?  Can greene Retire?  Moore?

I don't doubt for a second Johansson will be back next year, I just hope he has better luck next year with injuries. This was easily the most challenging year of his career staying healthy thanks to Marchand braining him, but I thought when he got back in game 3 he ended up being one of our best forwards in the series with how he was creating offense, probably nabbed an assist or two if not for that bum Stafford on the powerplay.

Mojo definitely fits into our top 6 next year, give him the right linemates and a healthy season and we easily got 50+ points there.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Sigh. I saw this picture tweeted out & figured it was time to start an offseason thread.

Loving the Elias jersey on the top of everyone's pile :hail:

image.thumb.png.cf80cbf93619390e9d02099b28493e36.png

What an exciting season it was :evil:

You can see in each stall the Elias night jerseys the players wore for warmups where all of them were wearing 26.  The players are keeping this like they kept the last lap warmup jerseys from last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

I don't doubt for a second Johansson will be back next year, I just hope he has better luck next year with injuries. This was easily the most challenging year of his career staying healthy thanks to Marchand braining him, but I thought when he got back in game 3 he ended up being one of our best forwards in the series with how he was creating offense, probably nabbed an assist or two if not for that bum Stafford on the powerplay.

Mojo definitely fits into our top 6 next year, give him the right linemates and a healthy season and we easily got 50+ points there.

Of course its only about the head injuries...His first game back showed his talent, no doubt he stuck out as a bright spot.... I just hope we can rely on him.. he has a concussion history now..it's scary..