2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

Good quote from Hynes: 

Chris Ryan‏ Verified account @ChrisRyan_NJ

“Start over” was the message John Hynes had for players in exit meetings. There’s still much the team needs to improve to get back to the postseason and do more. “Tampa was a playoff team. We’re a team that made the playoffs. So there’s a step we have to make.”

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 4

Good quote from Hynes: 
“Start over” was the message John Hynes had for players in exit meetings. There’s still much the team needs to improve to get back to the postseason and do more. “Tampa was a playoff team. We’re a team that made the playoffs. So there’s a step we have to make.”

I’m glad this is something that seems to be being emphasized. No letdowns. Only steps forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Good quote from Hynes: 

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

These put the season in clear perspective.  There is still work to be done, starting with a good draft.  But I love the upward trend: good tv ratings, solid play from many players, real growth as a team.  Let's fill in the missing pieces and keep this great mindset!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Good quote from Hynes: 

Oh so wait. Hynes said something that I wrote while we were in the playoffs? I recall someone telling me my comment was stupid.

31 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2018/04/devils_nico_hischier_pavel_zacha_wont_play_in_worl.amp

Apparently Nico had a chronic injury throughout the season. Looking forward to seeing him play completely healthy

Link didn’t work but are you kidding me? And he still played every single game? Love this kid. 

11 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

No doubt, but hand/wrist injuries scare the everliving fvck out of me. Look at Bobby Ryan. 

The phrase "hand/wrist injury" is too generic or vague to mean anything. It could be anything from soreness, muscular, ligaments, tendons, or fracture of any of the 8 bones in the wrist or 27 bones in the hand. 

The fact that the Devils allowed their 18/19 year old #1 draft pick play 82 games plus playoff games with this particular "injury" tells me it was most likely nothing serious and nothing to worry about. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

The word "chronic" is another buzzword that I wish we'd avoided hearing. But I'll agree that it's far too early and there's not enough information to get nervous / anxious. 

Chronic just means its been lasting a long time, more than 3 months. Any injury any player had for a whole season is "chronic". It could be that it didn't get better because he never stopped using it (I mean he is 19...a lot of wrist action in the teen years). Or, of course, it could be literally anything else. 

That's what really bothers me about these injury reports. If you are going to tell us next to nothing, just tell us nothing. If you are gonna say something, tell us the whole story. That way we don't need to speculate. 

I prefer to believe that it will be healed by October and that he will double all of his offensive numbers next year because he's healthy. :)

• Like 1