2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

43 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

My brother said the same thing when he had BBQ in Austin last November.  He said after that he can't even halfway enjoy any BBQ made here in the tri-state area.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Never had BBQ in the south, but I have been to Southern California and the Mexican food in the chain restaurants there absolutely blew away everything I have had locally. 

The only thing locally that even comes close for BBQ is Red White and Que which used to have some locations around Union, Randolph, and Wayne. The owner just sold all but 1 of his locations though and the only one left is in Kearny. 

Back to hockey, I guess no one is trading for Mike Hoffman now unless it comes at a steep discount. Pretty messed up story.  Even if Hoffman dumps this woman, you know the story isn't going away.  What a nutjob.

Dude.... What. The. fvck. [emoji47]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude.... What. The. fvck. emoji47.png

Seriously.  That's bizarre.  And quite terrible.  She sounds like an awful person...why would Hoffman be with her?  And I can only imagine what that must've been like in the locker room and on the ice.  It's amazing that neither one of them was traded mid-way through the season.  

• Like 1

Seriously.  That's bizarre.  And quite terrible.  She sounds like an awful person...why would Hoffman be with her?  And I can only imagine what that must've been like in the locker room and on the ice.  It's amazing that neither one of them was traded mid-way through the season.  

It doesn’t speak well to Hoffman’s character (understatement of the year) if he knew what was going on and continued to date this ++++. I’d want nothing to do with him.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Ottawa was definitely trying to trade Hoffman this past season.  I wonder if this was the main reason for it, and if other GMs knew something wasn't quite right.

According to the article and Ottawa fans at HF Boards, he's been with her for something like ten years, going back to around the time when he was drafted. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It doesn’t speak well to Hoffman’s character (understatement of the year) if he knew what was going on and continued to date this ++++. I’d want nothing to do with him.

Completely agreed.  I was mildly intrigued when I heard his name being mentioned this past season, but no amount of skill can make up for or negate this type of moral turpitude.  

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ottawa was definitely trying to trade Hoffman this past season.  I wonder if this was the main reason for it, and if other GMs knew something wasn't quite right.

According to the article and Ottawa fans at HF Boards, he's been with her for something like ten years, going back to around the time when he was drafted. 

I forgot about that, and thinking back, I do recall his name being mentioned now.  I'm sure there's a strong possibility that this had something to do with it, and also an equally strong possibility that teams also steered clear for this very reason.  Still, I'm surprised no one was interested -- usually there's always one person/team willing to completely set aside their values and integrity for the sake of dollars and/or a championship.  Pretty revolting, but it happens.  Me, I'll take principles all day long, and tell you politely, 'no thanks'. 

• Like 2

Oh and in regards to him being with her for 10 years... I get that maybe he feels like he knows her on a deep(er) level, and maybe he does - none of us know anything - but if any of what's alleged in that article is true, and he knows/knew about it, it speaks volumes to his character and he's as equally reprehensible of a human being. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah you can’t get good Mexican food up here. Obviously the closer you are to the border, the better you’ll get. Best Mexican food I ever had was in San Diego- authentic, real deal Mexican. Nothing I’ve had since comes close.

Jose Tejas Route 1 in Woodbridge.

Best around here that I've come across.

Best Mexican I ever had was in Old Town, San Diego. Scrumptuous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Whoa.  I just saw the Hoffman story.  That's f'ing bizarre.    

I don't really have much else to add.    

I think that'll hurt his trade status. And you know he won't be back with Sens if he (or his fiancé') tweeted bad schizzle about Karlson.

Even if you're getting a huge bargain, do you even want to bring that into your locker room?   I just saw Andrew Hammonds wife tweeted that this isn't surprising, so it sounds like at a minimum, the Hoffman's aren't well liked <--- understatement.    

Even if you're getting a huge bargain, do you even want to bring that into your locker room?   I just saw Andrew Hammonds wife tweeted that this isn't surprising, so it sounds like at a minimum, the Hoffman's aren't well liked

I don’t see how you can.... how can you trust the guy? I wouldn’t bring him in for the league minimum now, let alone trade anything for him.

• Like 1