2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

I've never heard anyone 9here) speak about Tyler Bozak. At 32, I don't think he's done. I guess we're Ok down the middle, (Nico, Zacha, Boyle Travis) there are a couple teams weak down the middle that will pay $$$

56 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I've never heard anyone 9here) speak about Tyler Bozak. At 32, I don't think he's done. I guess we're Ok down the middle, (Nico, Zacha, Boyle Travis) there are a couple teams weak down the middle that will pay $$$

I always had this fear back in the really dark days that Lou would trade a first rounder for Bozak.  

At this point, I see no use for him.  He might be a slight upgrade over whoever, but he won’t play any role in getting us where we want to be.

Besides the smallish moves that every GM needs to make, Ray’s focus should be on landing one or two real impact players we need to take the next step.  Tavares is real a long shot, so it’ll have to be in the draft or another Taylor Hall heist.

15 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Even if you're getting a huge bargain, do you even want to bring that into your locker room?   I just saw Andrew Hammonds wife tweeted that this isn't surprising, so it sounds like at a minimum, the Hoffman's aren't well liked <--- understatement.    

No way. Multiple wives are speaking out about what a crazy bitch she is.

Do not want any part of him.

GG bud, your girl cost you millions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

It would be a lot easier to believe Hoffman's denials if his girlfriend didn't look like the classic cartoon villain.   

ottsoirejan11.jpg?quality=55&strip=all

And basically the prototype for nasty girls who post things on social media. When I think of that phenomenon, the offending party is making that exact face as they post. 

• Like 2

In all fairness, if you look up other pictures of her you can tell that one posted is not a flattering angle...unless she had some plastic surgery between those pictures and now.

TSN reporting that things might be complicated between the Jets and Trouba again. He's an RFA. Is his compensation worth tendering an offer? He is probably going to get a lot of money....probably a first, second, and a third round pick just to sign him. I guess doesn't make much sense if you can get Carlson for nothing.

In all fairness, if you look up other pictures of her you can tell that one posted is not a flattering angle...unless she had some plastic surgery between those pictures and now.
TSN reporting that things might be complicated between the Jets and Trouba again. He's an RFA. Is his compensation worth tendering an offer? He is probably going to get a lot of money....probably a first, second, and a third round pick just to sign him. I guess doesn't make much sense if you can get Carlson for nothing.

We also don’t have a second or a third, so it’s not even worth thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That was a quick discussion. Now what are we going to talk about? How's your day going dude? lol

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The RFA compensation would come in the form of 2019 Draft picks since this would theoretically happen after the draft, but we did move out 2019 3rd in the Maroon trade which would make an offer sheet impossible unless you're getting him cheap. Doesn't rule out of the possibility of trading for his rights from Winnipeg, however, it would just be expensive because Trouba is a hell of a player.

• Like 1

That story in Ottawa is crazy, I'm gonna wait until I see what happens first before saying they are guilty but yeah it definitely doesn't look good.

I wonder how much Hoffman actually knew though, it's not like it would be hard for her to hide it, she could do it on her phone at anytime, anywhere and unless he's peaking over her shoulder at all times he possbly could have no idea so it becomes a they said / his gf said argument and of course he's gonna believe his gf of 10 years if she said she didn't do it and had no history of this sort of thing. 

If this is all true though and he knew about it then geez that's so beyond fvcked up.

That story in Ottawa is crazy, I'm gonna wait until I see what happens first before saying they are guilty but yeah it definitely doesn't look good.
I wonder how much Hoffman actually knew though, it's not like it would be hard for her to hide it, she could do it on her phone at anytime, anywhere and unless he's peaking over her shoulder at all times he possbly could have no idea so it becomes a they said / his gf said argument and of course he's gonna believe his gf of 10 years if she said she didn't do it and had no history of this sort of thing. 
If this is all true though and he knew about it then geez that's so beyond fvcked up.

All these players’ wives tweeting about what a bitch Hoffman’s fiancé is and how they aren’t surprised doesn’t bode well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

All these players’ wives tweeting about what a bitch Hoffman’s fiancé is and how they aren’t surprised doesn’t bode well.

Definitely agree it looks bad just not gonna say they are guilty yet until we get more information. It's the number one thing I hate about social media, they are already labeled guilty in the court of social media even though no proof is out there. 

Of course if she is then she's obviously a horrible human being but I can wait until more comes out before yelling guilty like I see a lot are on the internet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Oh, no question its a horrible picture. But, Google images also reveals:

hoffman.jpg

IMG_7623_0.JPG

I think she just has one of those faces that makes her look like she's always up to something. 

• Haha 1

It really doesn't matter what Hoffman knew or should have known.  If you're a player who has a family of your own, you don't want someone on your team who is attached to someone who tormented a teammate's wife at what must have been the lowest point in her life. 

Maybe he dumps her,  I don't know.  They've been together since around the time he was drafted.  But if he wants to catch on with another team, he really has to clear the air and she has to admit she has a real problem that she has to do something about.  Even that might not be enough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It really doesn't matter what Hoffman knew or should have known.  If you're a player who has a family of your own, you don't want someone on your team who is attached to someone who tormented a teammate's wife at what must have been the lowest point in her life. 

Maybe he dumps her,  I don't know.  They've been together since around the time he was drafted.  But if he wants to catch on with another team, he really has to clear the air and she has to admit she has a real problem that she has to do something about.  Even that might not be enough.

Even though it's not looking good for her they still have to prove it was her that did it, so far its just allegations. Even if she's proven not guilty there are going to be numerous teams who don't want him because public opinion has already tried and convicted her guilty. 

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Even though it's not looking good for her they still have to prove it was her that did it, so far its just allegations. Even if she's proven not guilty there are going to be numerous teams who don't want him because public opinion has already tried and convicted her guilty. 

Yeah, it goes without saying that no one knows anything for sure at this point.  But I was listening to Patrick O'Sullivan on NHL Radio yesterday who was noting that based on his own experiences with his father, a restraining order like the one Karlsson's wife got is not just there for the asking. 

So basically, either Hoffman's GF was doing some really nasty stuff or Karlsson's wife perjured herself and vindictively used the legal process against a teammate's significant other.  Either way, it's really ugly.

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I feel like he comes up ridiculous hot takes just for the attention.

Journalism in 2018.

He's been doing this for 20 years.  He hasn't changed and journalism hasn't changed - there's just more ability to amplify a terrible take.