2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

7 hours ago, SS-SS said:

Just another trade Mtl will end up regretting. Galchenyuk is yet another good player they drove to the edge. The whole media mafia here in Montreal likes to target a player or two (usually the only good ones on the team) and rip them apart in a truly unrivaled moronic way and demand for months on end that they get traded until eventually the GM actually does it (what happened with PK). Come January they will turn around as if nothing happened in the last months and absolutely rip Bergevin a new one for ''trading a good player''. 

This team, the media around it and a good chunk of its fanbase is, without a doubt, the most bipolar and retarded group of people I have witnessed in any sport if not just in life in general. 

They will also trade or lose Pacioretty to free agency next year. It's only a question of if they can find what they will consider as a suitable price for him before his contract runs out.   

Could not have said this any better. As someone who lives in Quebec, I am around  Habs fans daily, and they are without a doubt the most delusional and hypocritical  fans in the league. sh!tting on a player constantly and then going at the GM when he trades him. I love it cause I hate the Habs, but it’s truly sad.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, aclc79 said:

And do not forget, hypersensitive about anything and everything Habs;  they must not have anything else to worry about.  What a small world they must live in!

Well, I sat and thought about this on a couple of occasions and from my interaction with the fans (since I live in MTL) I came to the conclusion that part of the delusion of the Habs fan base is due to what you pointed out. Unlike the American cities where the sport's fan base is spread across at least 3 other major sports (Football, Baseball and Basketball), here in MTL the only sport with a big enough fan base to call it a major sport in the area is Hockey.

I imagine that in the USA if you are a hockey fan, you are not one just by default like here in MTL. You have a big amount of sports to choose from and hockey is far from being the most popular sport in the country. This makes IMO the average hockey fan in a major USA city somebody who knows his s*** about hockey because he wasn't just born to cheer for a team and that's it. He actually had to prioritize Hockey over a ton of other sports. 

On the opposite here in MTL, you strike a conversation with the average fan and you realize that he knows just about jack**** other than they won a sh!t ton of cups. This makes the average Habs fan a Parakeet who repeats what the media mafia here in MTL says. If Subban and Price are your two best players and are carrying the team year in year out on their shoulders and the media clowns say they are sh!t and need to get traded, then 80% of the fans here will say that they are sh!t and need to be dealt.

10 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

IMO, I just don't think MB was the right guy to usher in semi "rebuild" In Montreal

It absolutely makes no difference who is there. This team, a long time ago, decided that they were going to be an organization that breaks under media pressure and do what they are told by clowns who have everything in common with Don Cherry except for his suits. Hell, I think Cherry speaks a lot more sense than the average Hockey journalist here in MTL. As a team, the moment you do that, it becomes a free for all aboard a sinking boat. Take a look at the decisions. Subban dealt despite being the most spectacular player this team drafted for ages, Pacioretty (top 5 goal-scorer in the NHL in the past years), Galcheyuk out,  and the list goes on. These decisions are media-driven. No GM in his right mind does this.  

7 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Could not have said this any better. As someone who lives in Quebec, I am around  Habs fans daily, and they are without a doubt the most delusional and hypocritical  fans in the league. sh!tting on a player constantly and then going at the GM when he trades him. I love it cause I hate the Habs, but it’s truly sad.

I can't support speaking with any of them about Hockey. Its a cycle, they'll get through Bergevin, Julien and the cycle will continue. 

• Like 1

Edit on that last post:

If anyone is asking himself why I say Pacioretty is out, they (mtl-media) basically put him through hell last season. Despite being one of the best goalscorers in the NHL, they blamed all the problems the team was going through last season on him until Price came back from injury to split the blame 50/50 with him. What they couldn't blame on his lack of scoring on a team with no offensive threat other than him (and that offers him no support at all), they blamed on his ''lack of leadership'' saying the team is not doing well because he is a ''bad captain''..as if they somehow had an all-star roster and he was spoiling it or something.

The last two weeks before the transfer deadline had become an open Max Pacioretty witch hunt in the French media with these clowns demanding he gets traded and spreading all kinds of false rumors about him being dealt here and there.

At the end of the season, he politely explained to the journalists that he had spent the worst year of his career because of them. He explained that he can't be the only one blamed for what the team had been through this season. He also explained that the last couple of weeks before the transfer deadline had basically been a huge disrespect to him and his family who were put in a constant state of fear because of the huge amount of rumors and calls for his head by the media. (Notice, Bergevin never came out once to dissipate the rumors or calm things down and by the looks of it he also didn't do it privately with Pacioretty who really believed he was gone)

Anyway, its now a not so well kept secret that Pacioretty will most probably not extend and is waiting to be dealt or leave for free at the end of next season. 

• Like 1

On 2018-06-16 at 9:59 AM, SS-SS said:

Just another trade Mtl will end up regretting. Galchenyuk is yet another good player they drove to the edge. The whole media mafia here in Montreal likes to target a player or two (usually the only good ones on the team) and rip them apart in a truly unrivaled moronic way and demand for months on end that they get traded until eventually the GM actually does it (what happened with PK). Come January they will turn around as if nothing happened in the last months and absolutely rip Bergevin a new one for ''trading a good player''. 

This team, the media around it and a good chunk of its fanbase is, without a doubt, the most bipolar and retarded group of people I have witnessed in any sport if not just in life in general. 

They will also trade or lose Pacioretty to free agency next year. It's only a question of if they can find what they will consider as a suitable price for him before his contract runs out.   

On 2018-06-16 at 5:34 PM, Devs3cups said:

My theory on this whole thing from an outside point of view (but still New Brunswick is pretty close). And i know you guys are from Quebec and i certainly don't mean to be insulting but this whole level of craziness in Quebec is more linked to the general culture and mentality of that province (obviously i'm not saying every single resident of Quebec is like that) than just a technicality about how many teams are around. It's suuuuch a different mentality than anywhere else.

Quebec has a very very proud, protective, solidary but entitled mentality. Very very very entitled and often it's like they feel they are the center of the universe, that the whole world revolve around them. If they feel something is an injustice against them (that it is or not)... they want to see blood. And they LOVE to show the world how supportive and how they are just THE BEST AND MOST INTENSE EVER. Which bring a good chunk of goods..... and bad. And i get it cause they always HAD to fight to keep their language and culture etc etc but they do get results by protesting like mofos and whining anytime something doesn't go their way. I've never ever seen a group of people wanting to protest or boycutt anything as much as people in quebec, it's out of this world. For example in Quebec, they have the lowest cost for education and by far. A few years back they were supposed to raise the prices and the whole province protested and fought it and it works. They sure come off as the ultimate whiners, but they do get results. And it's the same exact thing with hockey. Whining to get what they want is simply part of their culture and they get very entitled when things don't go their way. And they obviously live in a confirmation bias bubble where they all crank each other with half facts and just run with it being ignorant. I feel like that fan base is equivalent to a dog shelter lol one dog barks... and then every single dogs in there starts barking like there's no tomorrow.... 98% of them have no idea why they are barking but they are giving their all lol 

I LOVE going to Quebec for concerts, music festivals, sport events etc etc and it's always insane cause there's so many people and they are so into it but what i came to realize is that... a huge chunks of those people are all clueless, they just want to be seen being hardcore almost. Like the number of times, i was front row at a show hearing people talk around me and they barely knew 5 songs from that band. Yet they had the shirt on and cheer like motherfvckers. Again it's mostly cause they just LOVE being part of something big. So when i'm saying that it's good and bad. It's good cause you to have BIG and passionate crowds to any events... so it's amazing for numbers and the atmosphere but sooooooooooooooooooo many people in those crowds are absolutely clueless... but entitled to act like they deserve the world lol

and again i LOVE going to quebec and i have a huge amount of great friends from there but even they agree with me about that mentality

Edited by SterioDesign

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

My theory on this whole thing from an outside point of view (but still New Brunswick is pretty close). And i know you guys are from Quebec and i certainly don't mean to be insulting but this whole level of craziness in Quebec is more linked to the general culture and mentality of that province (obviously i'm not saying every single resident of Quebec is like that) than just a technicality about how many teams are around. It's suuuuch a different mentality than anywhere else.

Quebec has a very very proud, protective, solidary but entitled mentality. Very very very entitled and often it's like they feel they are the center of the universe, that the whole world revolve around them. If they feel something is an injustice against them (that it is or not)... they want to see blood. And they LOVE to show the world how supportive and how they are just THE BEST AND MOST INTENSE EVER. Which bring a good chunk of goods..... and bad. And i get it cause they always HAD to fight to keep their language and culture etc etc but they do get results by protesting like mofos and whining anytime something doesn't go their way. I've never ever seen a group of people wanting to protest or boycutt anything as much as people in quebec, it's out of this world. For example in Quebec, they have the lowest cost for education and by far. A few years back they were supposed to raise the prices and the whole province protested and fought it and it works. They sure come off as the ultimate whiners, but they do get results. And it's the same exact thing with hockey. Whining to get what they want is simply part of their culture and they get very entitled when things don't go their way. And they obviously live in a confirmation bias bubble where they all crank each other with half facts and just run with it being ignorant. I feel like that fan base is equivalent to a dog shelter lol one dog barks... and then every single dogs in there starts barking like there's no tomorrow.... 98% of them have no idea why they are barking but they are giving their all lol 

I LOVE going to Quebec for concerts, music festivals, sport events etc etc and it's always insane cause there's so many people and they are so into it but what i came to realize is that... a huge chunks of those people are all clueless, they just want to be seen being hardcore almost. Like the number of times, i was front row at a show hearing people talk about me and they barely knew 5 songs from that band. Yet they had the shirt on and cheer like motherfvckers. Again it's mostly cause they just LOVE being part of something big. So when i'm saying that it's good and bad. It's good cause you to have BIG and passionate crowds to any events... so it's amazing for numbers and the atmosphere but sooooooooooooooooooo many people in those crowds are absolutely clueless... but entitled to act like they deserve the world lol

and again i LOVE going to quebec and i have a huge amount of great friends from there but even they agree with me about that mentality

I agree with what you are saying and it kind of goes back to what I was saying about the average fan being clueless because he was born to be a Habs fan by default. He's just part of the group of fans and that's it. 

Also, Quebec is a province where people are politically lost. 80% of the population is very conservative about a lot of issues and basically, act as pure right wingers, but they are also very leftists on the remaining 40% of issues like the Education costs. The result of this nonsense is that all you can hear 95% of the time is whining because of course, you can't have it both ways, its either you're a left winger, a center of the political spectrum kind of person or you're a right-winger. This political madness (especially the conservative part of it) is also transposed to all domains,  including sports.

In an era where the NHL is an international league with teams having rosters composed of players from a lot of different countries from different parts of the world, Quebec remains the only place where you'll hear the fans and the media blame the performances of the clubs on the team ''not being French-speaking'' enough. They legitimately think they can't win unless the squad is composed of French-speaking Quebecers. These ''French-speaking'' requirements demands go as far as influencing the team's draft. Try to wrap your head around that one. 

The team is surrounded by political nonsense and media pressure that they decided to let affect them. The only way to avoid all this is to, as an organization, close the doors and ignore all of that while you do your job to the best of your ability.  As an organization, the moment you let the media or the fans tell you what to do is the moment everything goes to crap. You'll find yourself drafting mediocre players because they are speaking French, trading Sergachev for Drouin because he's a Quebecer, losing the best defensive talent you had in years because blah blah blah. 

13 minutes ago, SS-SS said:

I agree with what you are saying and it kind of goes back to what I was saying about the average fan being clueless because he was born to be a Habs fan by default. He's just part of the group of fans and that's it. 

Also, Quebec is a province where people are politically lost. 80% of the population is very conservative about a lot of issues and basically, act as pure right wingers, but they are also very leftists on the remaining 40% of issues like the Education costs. The result of this nonsense is that all you can hear 95% of the time is whining because of course, you can't have it both ways, its either you're a left winger, a center of the political spectrum kind of person or you're a right-winger. This political madness (especially the conservative part of it) is also transposed to all domains,  including sports.

In an era where the NHL is an international league with teams having rosters composed of players from a lot of different countries from different parts of the world, Quebec remains the only place where you'll hear the fans and the media blame the performances of the clubs on the team ''not being French-speaking'' enough. They legitimately think they can't win unless the squad is composed of French-speaking Quebecers. These ''French-speaking'' requirements demands go as far as influencing the team's draft. Try to wrap your head around that one. 

The team is surrounded by political nonsense and media pressure that they decided to let affect them. The only way to avoid all this is to, as an organization, close the doors and ignore all of that while you do your job to the best of your ability.  As an organization, the moment you let the media or the fans tell you what to do is the moment everything goes to crap. You'll find yourself drafting mediocre players because they are speaking French, trading Sergachev for Drouin because he's a Quebecer, losing the best defensive talent you had in years because blah blah blah. 

True. I'm personally a center of the spectrum kind of guy... looking a both sides trying to be neutral and realizing how biased and insane when they are too extreme. That being said i "feel" the "new leftist" (cause we all know there's been a big big switch recently, I'm a classical left but i can't associate with the left much anymore with the whole movement of insane political correctness, victimhood culture and virtue signalling, it was bad and since Trudeau is there it's like... x100, he's the ultimate social justice warrior. And i feel there's a lot of that in Quebec at the moment. They 100% play the victimhood card all the time and feel like ANYTHING done against them is an injustice that MUST BE PUNISHED or shamed or wtv. It's disgusting. For example... you may have heard about this but when buddy from the ADIDAS store in MTL had a opening speech at the opening ceremony or wtv... he was talking english cause it was broadcasted around the world and most of the business is english etc and at some point he said "i'm going to say a few things in french to accomodate the french medias" Which..... is absolutely fine and okay with me. Welllllllll it all went to sh!t. Because he said "to accommodate"  an insane amount of people got butthurt and called for a boycutt of ADIDAS. We're talking about one guy... one manager of a store who said something... at WORST.. clumsy (and even there it's generous to call it that) and they call for the whole province to boycutt the entire company lol And i can never not bring up the whole Chara thing. The city had to broadcast a general message to the public for people to stop calling the cops on Chara after the pacioretty hit, that it was clogging the lines for real emergencies, had a huge rally with signs and all in front of bell center after a headshot on Max..but then nothing when their player would headshot someone.... or when Maurice Richard was suspended for a season... after baseball swinging a player with his stick, knocking out a REF with a punch and all.... yet the whole province cried and had a massive riot because The Rocket was suspended "for being french" and that it was some injustice. What a fvcking bunch of weirdos, it's absolutely unreal. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

True. I'm personally a center of the spectrum kind of guy... looking a both sides trying to be neutral and realizing how biased and insane when they are too extreme. That being said i "feel" the "new leftist" (cause we all know there's been a big big switch recently, I'm a classical left but i can't associate with the left much anymore with the whole movement of insane political correctness, victimhood culture and virtue signalling, it was bad and since Trudeau is there it's like... x100, he's the ultimate social justice warrior. And i feel there's a lot of that in Quebec at the moment. They 100% play the victimhood card all the time and feel like ANYTHING done against them is an injustice that MUST BE PUNISHED or shamed or wtv. It's disgusting. For example... you may have heard about this but when buddy from the ADIDAS store in MTL had a opening speech at the opening ceremony or wtv... he was talking english cause it was broadcasted around the world and most of the business is english etc and at some point he said "i'm going to say a few things in french to accomodate the french medias" Which..... is absolutely fine and okay with me. Welllllllll it all went to sh!t. Because he said "to accommodate"  an insane amount of people got butthurt and called for a boycutt of ADIDAS. We're talking about one guy... one manager of a store who said something... at WORST.. clumsy (and even there it's generous to call it that) and they call for the whole province to boycutt the entire company lol And i can never not bring up the whole Chara thing. The city had to broadcast a general message to the public for people to stop calling the cops on Chara after the pacioretty hit, that it was clogging the lines for real emergencies, had a huge rally with signs and all in front of bell center after a headshot on Max..but then nothing when their player would headshot someone.... or when Maurice Richard was suspended for a season... after baseball swinging a player with his stick, knocking out a REF with a punch and all.... yet the whole province cried and had a massive riot because The Rocket was suspended "for being french" and that it was some injustice. What a fvcking bunch of weirdos, it's absolutely unreal. 

Yeah, the Adidas store thing was a classic situation. Just an insane loss of time and breath around something that is ridiculous. Also agreed on everything else you said. 

This type of crap is exactly what happens at the Hockey level. An insane amount of ridiculous non-issues that the club has to work with like a French-speaking coach regardless of the quality ones available that do not speak French, etc etc etc. 

Unless this club gets bought by a true businessman who won't give a sh!t about what people think then the Habs are doomed forever. This league is no longer the 6 or 8 team mickey mouse league it used to be where there were only 2 or 3 teams that gave a sh!t and you could pile up one cup after the other. 

7 minutes ago, SS-SS said:

Yeah, the Adidas store thing was a classic situation. Just an insane loss of time and breath around something that is ridiculous. Also agreed on everything else you said. 

This type of crap is exactly what happens at the Hockey level. An insane amount of ridiculous non-issues that the club has to work with like a French-speaking coach regardless of the quality ones available that do not speak French, etc etc etc. 

Unless this club gets bought by a true businessman who won't give a sh!t about what people think then the Habs are doomed forever. This league is no longer the 6 or 8 team mickey mouse league it used to be where there were only 2 or 3 teams that gave a sh!t and you could pile up one cup after the other. 

yeah lol i got into a big argument on fb with a classic classic Habs fan the other who was saying that Tavares could sign in MTL. I just laughed and asked why he'd want to go there... like... a player in his position and seeing MTL's position at the moment... like why would he choose that over anything else. I brought up their situation, the tax situation, other better opportunities etc etc  And his only answer was "It's not cause you hate the Habs that everyone does. Many people would want to play for the greatest sport team in history" ..... so yeah... lol beyond the "24 cups" things they really don't have much to use in arguments

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah lol i got into a big argument on fb with a classic classic Habs fan the other who was saying that Tavares could sign in MTL. I just laughed and asked why he'd want to go there... like... a player in his position and seeing MTL's position at the moment... like why would he choose that over anything else. And his only answer was "It's not cause you hate the Habs that everyone does. Many people would want to play for the greatest sport team in history" ..... so yeah... lol beyond the "24 cups" things they really don't have much to use in arguments

Just bring up the Yankees. They’ve won more championships than the Habs. 

55 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah lol i got into a big argument on fb with a classic classic Habs fan the other who was saying that Tavares could sign in MTL. I just laughed and asked why he'd want to go there... like... a player in his position and seeing MTL's position at the moment... like why would he choose that over anything else. I brought up their situation, the tax situation, other better opportunities etc etc  And his only answer was "It's not cause you hate the Habs that everyone does. Many people would want to play for the greatest sport team in history" ..... so yeah... lol beyond the "24 cups" things they really don't have much to use in arguments

Play in Montreal to center who LOL? They literally just dealt their 2nd best winger for a guy who couldn't reach 10 goals in the past two seasons and are in the process of getting rid of Pacioretty. 

Is he supposed to be excited about being on a line with the almighty Drouin and Nicolas Deslauriers? Just ignore them, man. I've got to a point where I listen to them to have a laugh and forget that no matter how sh!tty your life is, you still could've been a Habs fan.. instantly changes your perspective. 

Edited by SS-SS

Just now, SS-SS said:

Play in Montreal to center who LOL? They literally just dealt their 2nd best winger for a guy who couldn't reach 10 goals in the past two seasons and are in the process of getting rid of Pacioretty. 

Is he supposed to be excited about being on a line with the almighty Drouin and Nicolas Deslauriers? Just ignore them, man. I've got to a point where I listen to them to have a laugh and forget that no matter how sh!tty your life is, you still could've be a Habs fan.. instantly puts you in a positive mood 

Very true haha

Here’s the kind of thing I’m talking about with regards to the Rag rivalry that out of town fans would normally not know about- this is the rink right near my hometown. This is unacceptable. The Devils need to do something about this. 1ea3139344345b143b4ea83895bf62fe.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Here’s the kind of thing I’m talking about with regards to the Rag rivalry that out of town fans would normally not know about- this is the rink right near my hometown. This is unacceptable. The Devils need to do something about this. 1ea3139344345b143b4ea83895bf62fe.png

Skylands is where my team practiced when I played in high school. Always despised seeing Rangers sh!t around the rink, fvck that.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Here’s the kind of thing I’m talking about with regards to the Rag rivalry that out of town fans would normally not know about- this is the rink right near my hometown. This is unacceptable. The Devils need to do something about this.

TURF WARRRRRRRRR!!!!!

At the end of the day, the rinks are private entities and they can partner with whoever they want. I have seen a ton of other rinks that partner with NJD. I just don't know what you/NJD can do about it if, say, the owner of the rink is a Rags fan and wants to partner with the Rags instead of the Devils. It sucks and it is annoying though, totally agree, but so is all Rags sh!t, Rags fans and Filthy Flyers stuff in our state. Unless we get the NHL to set boundary lines in areas with NHL teams in close proximity I just don't see anything getting done about it.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

TURF WARRRRRRRRR!!!!!

At the end of the day, the rinks are private entities and they can partner with whoever they want. I have seen a ton of other rinks that partner with NJD. I just don't know what you/NJD can do about it if, say, the owner of the rink is a Rags fan and wants to partner with the Rags instead of the Devils. It sucks and it is annoying though, totally agree, but so is all Rags sh!t, Rags fans and Filthy Flyers stuff in our state. Unless we get the NHL to set boundary lines in areas with NHL teams in close proximity I just don't see anything getting done about it.

Agreed. It’s not a Rangers issue, it’s a Skylands issue. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I LOVE going to Quebec for concerts, music festivals, sport events etc etc and it's always insane cause there's so many people and they are so into it but what i came to realize is that... a huge chunks of those people are all clueless, they just want to be seen being hardcore almost. Like the number of times, i was front row at a show hearing people talk about me and they barely knew 5 songs from that band. Yet they had the shirt on and cheer like motherfvckers. Again it's mostly cause they just LOVE being part of something big. So when i'm saying that it's good and bad. It's good cause you to have BIG and passionate crowds to any events... so it's amazing for numbers and the atmosphere but sooooooooooooooooooo many people in those crowds are absolutely clueless... but entitled to act like they deserve the world lol

100% accurate lol. Thing is I don’t really fit with how the majority of people act cause I don’t see myself as a quebecer, but as a Canadian since I was born and stayed a big chunk of my younger years in Vancouver (Hence why I am bilingual). So I don’t associate with this idea that we are against the world and that we are owed everything, but it’s true that A LOT of people feel that way here. 

And don’t even get me started with the whole education debacle a few years ago, I was a student during that time and let me tell you, it was risiculous. Entitlement at its finest lol.

Agreed. It’s not a Rangers issue, it’s a Skylands issue. 

Yeah you’re probably right.... I wish there was a way to stick it to the Rag fan owners then, something like the boundary lines 1214 mentioned.... NY rinks partner with the Rags and Isles, NJ rinks partner with the Devils, something like that. Not realistic I know, but in a perfect world, that would be the scenario.

6 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

100% accurate lol. Thing is I don’t really fit with how the majority of people act cause I don’t see myself as a quebecer, but as a Canadian since I was born and stayed a big chunk of my younger years in Vancouver (Hence why I am bilingual). So I don’t associate with this idea that we are against the world and that we are owed everything, but it’s true that A LOT of people feel that way here. 

And don’t even get me started with the whole education debacle a few years ago, I was a student during that time and let me tell you, it was risiculous. Entitlement at its finest lol.

it's truly insane to me how they just can look beyond their entitlement and understand basic common sense. For example few years ago i went to FanExpo in Toronto. And i bought some package ticket to be able to meet Mark Hamill, get an autograph, photo op, front row seating etc etc. Ticket was around $500 i believe. And i had a weekend Deluxe pass. Which was the 2nd highest you could get. VIP being the top one (and very expensive like $700 or something)... so anyway.. when it was time to get the lineups going i was the first one in the Deluxe line. Then 2 quebecers came and were after me. As there's not that many VIPs they usually don't show up that early cause they have priority access anyway. So anyway... as the VIP line was slowly filling... those 2 quebecers were LOSING THEIR sh!t. Like... absolutely freaking out that it would slow them down. That it was unfair cause they were there long before etc etc etc... and they simply wouldnt stop whining. And everyone around them could hear them, no shame at all. Suggesting they should only let in a few VIPs first... then let in a few Deluxe.... then go back to VIPs.... how does that make sense or be fair to the VIPs? lol

After awhile i had to turn and be like "dudes.... those VIPs paid $700 for their VIP pass + $500 for the Mark Hamill package. That's $1200. OF COURSE they'll get in front of you. Why wouldn't they? That's the whole point of paying more for VIP. What's so hard to understand here?" and they still wouldnt want to understand. 

Of course i know damn well there's people like that everywhere. But in Quebec they got so spoiled by whining that it's almost part of their culture lol

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

it's truly insane to me how they just can look beyond their entitlement and understand basic common sense. For example few years ago i went to FanExpo in Toronto. And i bought some package ticket to be able to meet Mark Hamill, get an autograph, photo op, front row seating etc etc. Ticket was around $500 i believe. And i had a weekend Deluxe pass. Which was the 2nd highest you could get. VIP being the top one (and very expensive like $700 or something)... so anyway.. when it was time to get the lineups going i was the first one in the Deluxe line. Then 2 quebecers came and were after me. As there's not that many VIPs they usually don't show up that early cause they have priority access anyway. So anyway... as the VIP line was slowly filling... those 2 quebecers were LOSING THEIR sh!t. Like... absolutely freaking out that it would slow them down. That it was unfair cause they were there long before etc etc etc... and they simply wouldnt stop whining. And everyone around them could hear them, no shame at all. Suggesting they should only let in a few VIPs first... then let in a few Deluxe.... then go back to VIPs.... how does that make sense or be fair to the VIPs? lol

After awhile i had to turn and be like "dudes.... those VIPs paid $700 for their VIP pass + $500 for the Mark Hamill package. That's $1200. OF COURSE they'll get in front of you. Why wouldn't they? That's the whole point of paying more for VIP. What's so hard to understand here?" and they still wouldnt want to understand. 

Of course i know damn well there's people like that everywhere. But in Quebec they got so spoiled by whining that it's almost part of their culture lol

One of the best examples I can think of is for the Festival d'Été de Québec (Québec City Summer Festival). This festival (which I'm sure you're familiar with) is a 10 day music festival in downtown Quebec City with 5 stages I believe. The biggest/main stage is on the Plaines d'Abraham (Plaines of Abraham) and on a big night, there are about 75-85k people in the crowd (It's a pretty big festival lol). There are always pretty big names every night on the main stage. This year The Weeknd, Foo Fighters, Neil Young, Dave Matthews Band and many more will perform on the big stage. The price for a 10 day pass to access every stage during the festival is around 105 Canadian dollars, which rounds up to about 80 US dollars. This price is ABSURD. 105 dollars for a 10 day festival with big names like those is unheard of. For comparison, there is a similar festival in Montreal which is called the Osheaga Festival. A general admission pass for Osheaga costs 320 Canadian dollars for 3 days. So yeah, 105$ for 10 days is insane. Especially when you consider an individual ticket for a show from the big artists at the festival in an arena or stadium would be around the same price as the 10 day pass lol. Problem is, last year the passes were 100$. The price went up 5$ this year. That got some people pissed off, which is absolutely idiotic. I got into a big argument with a clown of Facebook (which is not my type at all lol) because he was complaining lol. It's shameful.

One thing I noticed though regarding this whole ''entitled'' and ''enclosed on ourselves'' thing, is that it's WAY more common with older people. Most people from my generation (20-25 and down) aren't like that and are really open to the world and different cultures and aren't as whinny, if at all. Of course there are exceptions, like the students during the education debacle here. But I can guarantee you they were clowned everywhere by most people my age lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

One of the best examples I can think of is for the Festival d'Été de Québec (Québec City Summer Festival). This festival (which I'm sure you're familiar with) is a 10 day music festival in downtown Quebec City with 5 stages I believe. The biggest/main stage is on the Plaines d'Abraham (Plaines of Abraham) and on a big night, there are about 75-85k people in the crowd (It's a pretty big festival lol). There are always pretty big names every night on the main stage. This year The Weeknd, Foo Fighters, Neil Young, Dave Matthews Band and many more will perform on the big stage. The price for a 10 day pass to access every stage during the festival is around 105 Canadian dollars, which rounds up to about 80 US dollars. This price is ABSURD. 105 dollars for a 10 day festival with big names like those is unheard of. For comparison, there is a similar festival in Montreal which is called the Osheaga Festival. A general admission pass for Osheaga costs 320 Canadian dollars for 3 days. So yeah, 105$ for 10 days is insane. Especially when you consider an individual ticket for a show from the big artists at the festival in an arena or stadium would be around the same price as the 10 day pass lol. Problem is, last year the passes were 100$. The price went up 5$ this year. That got some people pissed off, which is absolutely idiotic. I got into a big argument with a clown of Facebook (which is not my type at all lol) because he was complaining lol. It's shameful.

One thing I noticed though regarding this whole ''entitled'' and ''enclosed on ourselves'' thing, is that it's WAY more common with older people. Most people from my generation (20-25 and down) aren't like that and are really open to the world and different cultures and aren't as whinny, if at all. Of course there are exceptions, like the students during the education debacle here. But I can guarantee you they were clowned everywhere by most people my age lol.

yup very familiar with that festival.....ive been a few times. I'm going to MTL in 2 weeks im sure i'll have new stories after that haha

38 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah you’re probably right.... I wish there was a way to stick it to the Rag fan owners then, something like the boundary lines 1214 mentioned.... NY rinks partner with the Rags and Isles, NJ rinks partner with the Devils, something like that. Not realistic I know, but in a perfect world, that would be the scenario.

Unfortunately, that would never happen. 

33 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Have you ever been to Quebec or interracted with people living/from there? Just curious hahah

Of course not. Hence the ;) after my content.