2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

So Shero never spoke after the draft.... are we ever gonna hear from him and maybe get some type of update on what’s going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said in on HF, it's going to be a Red Wedding massacre on the rest of the league when Shero swoops in and signs Tavares and gets another one-for-one of Severson for Karlsson. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I tend to put the Rangers and Flyers above them for worst fans. However you know Montreal just has ALOT of fans. They probably have the most great fans as well. Tons of them everywhere.

So yea when you have that many you'll have more bad apples as. Rangers and Flyers fans start much worse stuff in our arenas over the year than Habs fans. They're annoying at worst but pretty harmless.  You don't have to like them but they're pretty low on the pecking order of hate here.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

I said in on HF, it's going to be a Red Wedding massacre on the rest of the league when Shero swoops in and signs Tavares and gets another one-for-one of Severson for Karlsson. 

Word is Panarin for Mueller. Trade is one for one. [emoji14]

I tend to put the Rangers and Flyers above them for worst fans. However you know Montreal just has ALOT of fans. They probably have the most great fans as well. Tons of them everywhere.
So yea when you have that many you'll have more bad apples as. Rangers and Flyers fans start much worse stuff in our arenas over the year than Habs fans. They're annoying at worst but pretty harmless. 

No fan bases are worse or more annoying than the Rags and Flyers. It’s not even close. Pocks on the fvcking sport.

Just now, '7' said:

So yea when you have that many you'll have more bad apples as. Rangers and Flyers fans start much worse stuff in our arenas over the year than Habs fans. They're annoying at worse but pretty harmless

Ranger fans, Leafs fans and Canadians fans share the same sense of entitlement.  At least Canadians fans can say they have almost as many championships as the Yankees.  The Leafs and the Rangers have pretty much had the same level of success as the Mets have, but you don't see Mets fans telling the world that their team is the only thing that should matter to everyone else and that every single player on earth, living or dead, should have been honored to play for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ranger fans, Leafs fans and Canadians fans share the same sense of entitlement.  At least Canadians fans can say they have almost as many championships as the Yankees.  The Leafs and the Rangers have pretty much had the same level of success as the Mets have, but you don't see Mets fans telling the world that their team is the only thing that should matter to everyone else and that every single player on earth, living or dead, should have been honored to play for them.

You got that right. Rangers and Habs fans are increeeedibly entitled and that's their #1 fault.

Leafs fans it was hard to tell cause they literally had NOTHING to use in arguments when it came to success. That being said i'm starting to see a rise of those sh!t fans now that the team is starting to be relevant

Not surprised about interest from teams in Voynov. He has paid his time. And he was a great player. But this is how it should be, man paid for what he has done, and has been nothing shory of a good person since, deserves the shot. Especially when players are here not paying their dues and are still playing, seems hypocritical. Give him his second chance.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

As a Met fan, I can tell you that the one thing that we have is self-awareness...we know our franchise is a trainwreck more often than not, often spectacularly and unforgettably so, and it seems like we have to slog through extended droughts just to enjoy 1-3 seasons of fleeting relevance...the lone exception was the mid-80s to early-90s, and even that stretch only resulted into two postseason appearances...there's just very little to be proud of or look back on fondly, and that's why the 1986 Mets are still so special to so many Met fans.  Jet fans also know what the deal is with their franchise...they are not delusional in the slightest.  Ranger fans have NO awareness whatsoever...they really think that they're the Yankees of the NHL, simply by virtue of calling NYC home.  It's pathetic yet beyond comical. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Not surprised about interest from teams in Voynov. He has paid his time. And he was a great player. But this is how it should be, man paid for what he has done, and has been nothing shory of a good person since, deserves the shot. Especially when players are here not paying their dues and are still playing, seems hypocritical. Give him his second chance.

He didn't pay at all... Dude apparently beat the sh!t out of his gf, got paid his entire salary for a full season yet only played 6 games and then ran home to Russia and got paid to play hockey over there. He doesn't deseve to be let back in over here in the US or Canada to play in the NHL for millions of dollars. fvck him. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You got that right. Rangers and Habs fans are increeeedibly entitled and that's their #1 fault.

Leafs fans it was hard to tell cause they literally had NOTHING to use in arguments when it came to success. That being said i'm starting to see a rise of those sh!t fans now that the team is starting to be relevant

I know a fanbase in NJ that has come off as entitled a ton following past successes...remember missing the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and how everyone reacted? It's not just this team or that team, it's almost all teams. Even Florida fans are a bunch of sh!theads and they haven't won a damn thing.

9 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

There's a pretty good chance that Voynov will be effectively barred from entering Canada.  As I noted before, Canada strictly bars entry for US residents with felony convictions.  (There might be an issue of whether Voynov is considered a US resident or not).  That appears to be why Voynov is trying to have his conviction in California expunged or to get a pardon.  Given what happened to that judge who gave a light sentence to the Stanford student that was convicted of rape, I doubt whoever has the ultimate say over Voynov wants to go through something similar.

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

He didn't pay at all... Dude ran home to Russia and got paid to play hockey over there. He doesn't deseve to be let back in over here in the US or Canada to play in the NHL for millions of dollars. fvck him. 

They should let him back in the NHL with a mandatory year long suspension from all hockey. He can work at a battered women's shelter during that time and come back after he actually pays his debt. 

The NHL will be really hypocritical with this "hockey is for everyone" stuff then lets this guy back in with little or no consequence.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As a Met fan, I can tell you that the one thing that we have is self-awareness...we know our franchise is a trainwreck more often than not, often spectacularly and unforgettably so, and it seems like we have to slog through extended droughts just to enjoy 1-3 seasons of fleeting relevance...the lone exception was the mid-80s to early-90s, and even that stretch only resulted into two postseasons appearances...there's just very little to be proud of or look back on fondly, and that's why the 1986 Mets are still so special to so many Met fans.  Jet fans also know what the deal is with their franchise...they are not delusional in the slightest.  Ranger fans have NO awareness whatsoever...they really think that they're the Yankees of the NHL, simply by virtue of calling NYC home.  It's pathetic yet beyond comical. 

Yeah that's something else that Habs fans have, they have no self-awareness. But they also live in suuuuch a bubble of confirmation bias. Most people in Quebec can't understand english literally. So they listen to RDS or TVA Sports feeding them crap and that's their one and only source of info on hockey in general. All they have to go by is what those medias are saying.

I had a long argument at a store the other day with a Habs fan saying Tavares would want to sign in MTL. I was asking him why. He was saying because of the money (money talks he said)... and because they have the best goalie in the world. And that's what wins championships. That's all he had. I brought up the very very high tax thing saying he could get more money anywhere else ("if team Canada would play for gold right now. who would they put in net?" was his argument) And Price is a very very good goalie but it's now debatable if he's the best.. and especially with that monster contract now, even if he isn't i'd still go with a cheaper goalie to build my team around. 10.5m is a LOT. But yeah he wouldn't hear any of that. Tavares was going to sign in MTL because of the goalie and because they have the best goalie in the world.

That's the thing in Quebec tho. they truly truly truly believe the world revolves around them. Which im sure people from NY feel the same too

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They should let him back in the NHL with a mandatory year long suspension from all hockey. He can work at a battered women's shelter during that time and come back after he actually pays his debt. 

The NHL will be really hypocritical with this "hockey is for everyone" stuff then lets this guy back in with little or no consequence.   

I wouldn't even do that. There are enough good hockey players in this world that this guy wouldn't be missed. It's a privilege not a right to play in the NHL. Let him rot in Russia. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

He didn't pay at all... Dude apparently beat the sh!t out of his gf, got paid his entire salary for a full season yet only played 6 games and then ran home to Russia and got paid to play hockey over there. He doesn't deseve to be let back in over here in the US or Canada to play in the NHL for millions of dollars. fvck him. 

He spent time in jail. Regardless of how long or what he did, he paid something. That's more then alot of players who do sh!t nowadays and pay their way out of it. 

18 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I know a fanbase in NJ that has come off as entitled a ton following past successes...remember missing the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and how everyone reacted? It's not just this team or that team, it's almost all teams. Even Florida fans are a bunch of sh!theads and they haven't won a damn thing.

oh you're right and i've called out many many people here about that.

But they bring entitlement to the next level in Quebec. When things don't go their way they want blood. They are basically social justice warriors lol 

10 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

He spent time in jail. Regardless of how long or what he did, he paid something. That's more then alot of players who do sh!t nowadays and pay their way out of it. 

90 days, big whoop and then bounced right back to Russia to avoid an immigration trial and got paid a ton of money to be one of the top paid players in the KHL. My personal opinion is we don't need sh!t people in this league and I would be pissed if the Devils signed this clown.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

90 days, big whoop and then bounced right back to Russia to avoid an immigration trial and got paid a ton of money to be one of the top paid players in the KHL. My personal opinion is we don't need sh!t people in this league and I would be pissed if the Devils signed this clown.

yeah that guy would be a big distraction i feel in a very young group that's heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I believe he should have served more myself an don't want him on the team. But their are bigger a$$holes currently playing that didn't serve a single day either.

I believe he should have served more myself an don't want him on the team. But their are bigger a$$holes currently playing that didn't serve a single day either.

Okay. Name me another guy in the league who was convicted of beating the sh!t out of his wife. I’ll wait.
  • Like 2