2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

41 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It sounds more like she took a new job working with the NHL.  

You're totally right - I was rushing out the door & DOH'd it! 

@DebPlacey    Deb Placey Retweeted MSG Networks

Will miss everyone! Thanks to @NJDevils, @MSGNetworks @NYIslanders Thanks to Ray Shero, John Hynes, the players, & our awesome crew, @CangyManMSG @BryceSalvador @KenDaneykoMSG among others. Very excited to start at the @NHL

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Not sure if this should get it's own thread but here ya go (Devils Insiders retweeted it) - I hope it was her choice but the wording makes me doubt that's the case: 

@MSGNetworks    Deb Placey is leaving MSG Networks after 23 years. We would like to thank Deb for her dedication and hard work; she will always be a part of the MSG Networks family. We wish her all the best moving forward with her new opportunity at the National Hockey League.

I’m totally cool with this. Only person in the country not in the cast of Jersey Shore that’s more orange than our president. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I can’t stand Ramsey. I’ve mentioned it before, but the Bengals are my NFL team, and when we played the Jags last year he somehow managed to insult AJ Green (who’s one of the classiest guys in the league) so much that AJ flipped out and stating swinging on him. I’ve watched every game Green has ever played and I’ve never seen him lose it like that. I’m sure Ramsey said something over the line. There’s no denying he’s one of the best players in the league, but he seems like a total POS. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Not sure if this should get it's own thread but here ya go (Devils Insiders retweeted it) - I hope it was her choice but the wording makes me doubt that's the case: 

@MSGNetworks    Deb Placey is leaving MSG Networks after 23 years. We would like to thank Deb for her dedication and hard work; she will always be a part of the MSG Networks family. We wish her all the best moving forward with her new opportunity at the National Hockey League.

YESSSSSSS! Deb is absolutely awful, this is our best off-season move so far! haha

For the love of all of our sanity that sh!t stain phony Orda Ocal better not be the one replacing her though. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I can’t stand Ramsey. I’ve mentioned it before, but the Bengals are my NFL team, and when we played the Jags last year he somehow managed to insult AJ Green (who’s one of the classiest guys in the league) so much that AJ flipped out and stating swinging on him. I’ve watched every game Green has ever played and I’ve never seen him lose it like that. I’m sure Ramsey said something over the line. There’s no denying he’s one of the best players in the league, but he seems like a total POS. 

He’s a big mouth. However, these NHL players reacted like a bunch of babies. Not a good look. 

SHOCKER ... 😄 

Devils Insiders Retweeted

#Isles prospect camp just about underway. Among the front-office observers is David Conte. The longtime Devils scouting director worked for Vegas as a pro scout the past two years. No word on what his status is with #Isles.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Disagree entirely. He just mocked their profession, their way of life. 

Please. He’s a loud mouth sh!t talker who literally talks sh!t about everyone and everything. He isn’t to be taken seriously. The only guy quoted who didn’t sound like a whiny bitch was MacKinnon. Roll your eyes, snicker, and get on with your day. That’s how you deal with an idiot like that. Don’t give him the satisfaction.

27 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, not to mention a few of the guys took the comments in stride.  

One of them did. Well two I guess, Kuznetsov seemed to get it.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

That's nice of you to think that, but if someone put a camera in my face and said "MadDog2020 said in 6 months he could be a better architect than you are" I'd probably reply "well MadDog2020 is a stupid little bitch"

Well, I could 😛. But if I was a known sh!t talker who just talked sh!t to talk sh!t and loved the sound of his own voice like Ramsey, you’d know not to take it seriously. Always consider the source.

Edited by MadDog2020

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Please. He’s a loud mouth sh!t talker who literally talks sh!t about everyone and everything. He isn’t to be taken seriously. The only guy quoted who didn’t sound like a whiny bitch was MacKinnon. Roll your eyes, snicker, and get on with your day. That’s how you deal with an idiot like that. Don’t give him the satisfaction.

One of them did. Well two I guess, Kuznetsov seemed to get it.

Agree with much of your take on the whole thing, with some exceptions (see bottom).  As far as I'm concerned, here's how you deal with the "I say a lot of dumb things without thinking to get reactions and attention" loudmouths:

1) Just flat-out ignore them (they hate this most of all...usually leads them to double down and say something even more stupid.  They just GOTTA get that reaction and/or attention that they crave).

2) Engage in a little light-hearted trash-talking that shows you're not at all offended by what he said, and can give it right back...hopefully you get a solid burn in as a result.  (Kane took that road)

Eichel and Tarasenko came off as oversensitive bores who took the whole thing way too seriously (and Kreider tried to overexplain something that didn't need much explaining at all, Mike Francesa-style) , but I didn't really have a problem with anyone else's comments...they all pretty much ranged from bemused "Yeah right" eye-rolling to "I'd like to see him try".  I'm guessing those in this camp were probably chuckling as they commented.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

YESSSSSSS! Deb is absolutely awful, this is our best off-season move so far! haha

For the love of all of our sanity that sh!t stain phony Orda Ocal better not be the one replacing her though. 

I'm with you - I couldn't stand Deb.  I've heard she very friendly and was the consummate professional so kudos to her for that.  But as far as her on-screen persona.. couldn't stand it.  She was just.. not..good.. at it, imo.  Her segways were awful, you could tell she hadn't researched anything at any point, and.. for the love of God.. the side-mouth talking was so bad.  So noticeable all the time.

I was excited until you reminded me of Orda.. it's probably going to be him.  Just makes too much sense.

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

SHOCKER ... 😄 

Devils Insiders Retweeted

#Isles prospect camp just about underway. Among the front-office observers is David Conte. The longtime Devils scouting director worked for Vegas as a pro scout the past two years. No word on what his status is with #Isles.

Cool, I hope Lou puts him in charge of scouting so he can run their prospect pool into the ground over the next couple years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

Thank goodness. It was physically painful to watch her talk out of one side of her mouth. Was that some sort of disability?

3 hours ago, eldon said:

Loved Deb, don't get the hate.  She was pleasant, professional and knows the game and doesn't ask retarded questions on the ice. Will miss her. Will be interesting who replaces her. 

I have to disagree. I can recall a few times where she asked a stupid question that left everyone feeling awkward. Asking Michael Ryder why he’s so streaky is the first one that came to mind.

Edited by Jerzey

2 hours ago, point said:

Thank goodness. It was physically painful to watch her talk out of one side of her mouth. Was that some sort of disability?

I am not sure that qualifies as a disability, but clearly it’s either a bad habit or some sort of affliction. It never really bothered me, but that might be because I was mesmerized by the fact that her skin color is the exact shade of an old MacGregor baseball glove I had as a kid. 

2 hours ago, point said:

Some people just talk like that. Have you ever seen a Drew Barrymore movie?

Edited by Nicomo

17 minutes ago, xxchaznjxx said:

I don't know if Deb has it, but I believe Stallone has some sort of paralysis on that side of his face which is why one side of his mouth doesn't really move. I always assumed she had it.

Yup, she may well have it. Some folks do.