2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

1 hour ago, aclc79 said:

It seems that VGK seem to know what they are doing.  On the other hand, MTL....

Huge mistake MB wen t public w/ Patches thing. Everyone knew it would sour the room because he was probably liked. (& captain) Crappy return imo.  Not good times to be Habs fan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Pretty sure that's the one :P 

Yup. I thought he was drawing on the screen but he wasn’t. Same play though. 

11 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

We disagree completely here. Daneyko is so frequently confused, but not in an adorable Chico-way; more of a “how the hell don’t you know this?!” Way. I also find “OH MYYYYYY” to be like salt in the wound when he does it every single time the devils miss a scoring chance. 

I absolutely adore Cangy. Hated him in the beginning. 

We can agree to disagree. As long as you are OK with being wrong. ;) 

Edited by mfitz804

I guess Montreal did better than most expected they would, if only because they got Suzuki, a former 13th overall pick that's been killing the OHL.  If it were the Devils the most I would give up for him would be McLeod and that would be with an extension.

Would be very tough for Vegas to still be in the Karlsson sweepstakes. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

We can agree to disagree. As long as you are OK with being wrong. ;) 

I don't really like care for either of them. Dano trips over every 3rd word and both of them seem nearly blind. I'm sure other teams have it worse though and at least Dano's messed up words/names can get pretty funny at times.

30 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't really like care for either of them. Dano trips over every 3rd word and both of them seem nearly blind. I'm sure other teams have it worse though and at least Dano's messed up words/names can get pretty funny at times.

Dano rambles on and on and on. On-camera, he struggles to speak and seems like he is completely winging it with the tangents he goes off on. Still love the guy though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, devlman said:

Dano rambles on and on and on. On-camera, he struggles to speak and seems like he is completely winging it with the tangents he goes off on. Still love the guy though.

Yes I like Dano too. Everyone I have ever heard that has met him even in passing has said he is a really awesome guy. Just as a PSA, by saying I dislike him as a commentator I am not saying I dislike him as a person, don't appreciate what he has accomplished for NJD, think he is a bad father, or anything else. I just think he is better suited for an NHL tonight kind of job than working the games. 

I know Cangi has a few faults. (He scaarrs, not knowing what the penalty is or which team even) but watching the goals again on the Devil Rewinds, hearing him get so pumped when we got an OT, or a key goal, makes me love him, that he's so happy like we are when we get the win. 
That said, watching any old game with Doc/Chico is soooo special, that chemistry.... the joking and laughing.  We were so lucky to have those two for so many years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I guess Montreal did better than most expected they would, if only because they got Suzuki, a former 13th overall pick that's been killing the OHL.  If it were the Devils the most I would give up for him would be McLeod and that would be with an extension.

Would be very tough for Vegas to still be in the Karlsson sweepstakes. 

At this point, I am not sure anyone is "in" until the trade deadline. As a deal has not been done, I would imagine they are either asking too much or Karlsson isn't willing to commit to the extension. Or both. Might have to just take what you can get at the deadline and he can try free agency. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yes I like Dano too. Everyone I have ever heard that has met him even in passing has said he is a really awesome guy. Just as a PSA, by saying I dislike him as a commentator I am not saying I dislike him as a person, don't appreciate what he has accomplished for NJD, think he is a bad father, or anything else. I just think he is better suited for an NHL tonight kind of job than working the games. 

I’m definitely the exception to everyone’s positive interactions with him. Dano the player was a solid person the times I talked with him, Dano the former player has been a douche both times I’ve seen him, separated by a few years

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

At this point, I am not sure anyone is "in" until the trade deadline. As a deal has not been done, I would imagine they are either asking too much or Karlsson isn't willing to commit to the extension. Or both. Might have to just take what you can get at the deadline and he can try free agency. 

I get the feeling that if the Devils ever had any discussions, Dorion was asking for Nico, which would be crazy. 

I think something will get done before camp opens.

57 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I get the feeling that if the Devils ever had any discussions, Dorion was asking for Nico, which would be crazy. 

I think something will get done before camp opens.

Something has to be done before the season. That poor guy cannot start the season with a Sens jersey

9 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

3 way trade with Callahan + draft picks going back to New York 

Tampa doesn’t have draft picks to give really, and they’ll have to give stuff to Ottawa.  If they could have gotten rid of Callahan they would have by now.  

The big problem they have are deals for Killorn and Johnson, both of whom have full NTCs.  One of them will need to go if they want to give Karlsson an extension.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:48 PM, mfitz804 said:

I don’t remember what game it was, but it was OT with seconds left and the Devils were lined up for the face off in the right offensive zone circle. 

Chico takes a hold of the telestrator and says, there going to have to try to win it to the right wing and take as quick a shot as possible to try to win it. 

The puck drops, and they do EXACTLY what Chico said, center won it to the right wing, quick shot, score, game over. 

If there was any doubt Chico knew what he was talking about, that cleared it up for me. 

Yeah Chico knew his stuff, it just seemed like he was easily distracted by the crowd or hotdogs or shiny things. I loved him, and Doc seemed to have a way of getting the best out of him. It was noticeable that Cangi wasn't quite sure what to do 

9 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Literally gobsmacked to hear that. Met him 6 times on the road; spanning 5 years. He has; bought me a beer, left a voicemail on my dad’s phone, let my wife wear his Stanley Cup ring, listened to me ramble about why I think Andy Greene will be the next captain... I could go on. Once, we chatted in the bar in Tampa bay and he REMEMBERED MY NAME three days later in Sunrise. Said “hey Norm, could you come take a picture for this couple?”. People asked how I was associated with the devils. 

I don’t like his voice on TV, but Daneyko as a person is one in a fvckin billion.

Your name is Norm?

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, mfitz804 said:

Yup. I thought he was drawing on the screen but he wasn’t. Same play though. 

You thought he was drawing on the screen because this is what happened:  Right before this goal, there was a timeout by the Devs. The camera was on the huddle. Whoever the Assistant Coach was, whoever was diagraming the play, drew the play EXACTLY on his clipboardy thing...............no one said anything until it was all dais and done. (I remember saying to myself that that was exactly what was drawn up) Then afterwards someone picked up on it and showed the huddle again where you can see the AC diagram exactly what later transpired.

But, in reality, it was literally the only thing they could have done anyway, but it was just perfect.