2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Barring some unforeseen catastrophe, Hall will have turned out to be the biggest two-faced jerk in NHL history if he does not sign an extension.  I'm not worried about it at all, and the Seguin deal makes me more confident that his cap hit won't be obscene. 

I also believe the reports that Shero was trying to "inch his way in" on Karlsson in the past couple of days.  It just seemed Ottawa would not trade him in the conference unless we gave them Nico or something ridiculous like that.  So I'm not mad at Shero, just disappointed that it probably wasn't in the cards.

The only thing I was somewhat disappointed in this offseason was that Shero apparently didn't even bother to try and sign de Haan.  Not that he's amazing, just that he would have made the team better and it wouldn't have affected the team's ability to do anything in the future. 

My thoughts exactly. First priority next summer for Shero is 100% to sign Hall to an extension. I'm not worried about it, Hall really seems like he wants to be here and sees the direction the team is headed in

Edited by Devs3cups

On 9/14/2018 at 5:41 PM, titans04 said:

#PissOffKid

I don't get it. If he can acknowledge he's due for a bridge deal then why can't he accept the money that comes with it? He's holding out for some small amount and trying to prove a point but the team is going to take the ice with or without him come opening night. Who does he think he is? PK Subban? 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I do too, especially from a young RFA. He’s got some big balls for a guy who played 12 minutes a game and isn’t guaranteed a job. 

He definitely seems the type to take this really personal too. He told a story last year on one of the post game shows that he plays extra hard against the Flyers because they passed over him in the draft. 

12 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

He definitely seems the type to take this really personal too. He told a story last year on one of the post game shows that he plays extra hard against the Flyers because they passed over him in the draft. 

that doesn't make any sense? he was picked in the 4th round... phily didn't have a pick in the 4th round and they picked 73rd in the 3rd... then he was picked 100th...

so unless he REALLY wanted to go there or something i don't get it

Edited by SterioDesign

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

that doesn't make any sense? he was picked in the 4th round... phily didn't have a pick in the 4th round and they picked 73rd in the 3rd... then he was picked 100th...

so unless he REALLY wanted to go there or something i don't get it

Have no idea, tried to find the video but all I could find was this, maybe they said they were going to take him higher in one of the interviews or something, I don't know but he's the one who said it...

FWIW Miles doesn't and never has struck me as being the sharpest tool in the shed.  I 100% believe the holdup is that he wants Tom Wilson money.  Shero is completely correct here in telling him no dice because one crazy deal shouldn't mean he gets a crazy deal.  He can sit out the entire season for all I care.

• Like 4

I get a definite Clarkson feel from Woods. He'll do anything on the ice for his team, definitely entertaining to watch, and will put up some numbers from time to time, but maybe not the smartest fellas in the world. Clarkson thinking he was the next Wendel Clark (even taking number 71 in Toronto to reverse Wendel's 17) kind of gave me that vibe. Woods probably wanting Tom Wilson money doesn't surprise me and is in that same vein of thought. 

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

FWIW Miles doesn't and never has struck me as being the sharpest tool in the shed.  

Exactly what I said above. But its part of why he's exciting to watch. Every shift is like the Running of the Bulls, because he's nuts and has plenty of speed and energy. 

I love players like that. I do not love players who hold out stupidly. Granted, we don't know what was offered or what he asked for, but having read Shero's quotes, it sounds to me like Wood is asking too much. 

That said, it ain't over yet, but it makes me wonder whether he has any intention of being here when he goes UFA and I wouldn't want to invest too much money in him just to showcase him to other teams. 

So Edmonton signs Nurse and is less than $1 million from the cap, although they'll get some breathing space when Sekera goes to LTIR.  There's probably nothing that Edmonton is willing to offer to make me be willing to take Lucic, but if there's ever a team that's ripe for the picking, it's them, especially if they get off to another bad start. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So Edmonton signs Nurse and is less than $1 million from the cap, although they'll get some breathing space when Sekera goes to LTIR.  There's probably nothing that Edmonton is willing to offer to make me be willing to take Lucic, but if there's ever a team that's ripe for the picking, it's them, especially if they get off to another bad start. 

I'd take Adam Larsson back for the rights to Miles Wood, does that work??

😀

• Haha 2