2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

41 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone must have the details, but I don’t remember. But to my recollection, Adam admitted it after. 

Something happened to a Jake Debrusk in China games couple weeks ago.  Must've eaten some tasty Moo Goo Gai pan!

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone must have the details, but I don’t remember. But to my recollection, Adam admitted it after. 

It was in the 16-17 season when we played in Dallas (I believe it was in November of 2016).  I remember because I watched that game in a bar in Austin and after Adam scored he barely celebrated and instead basically ran off the ice.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It was in the 16-17 season when we played in Dallas (I believe it was in November of 2016).  I remember because I watched that game in a bar in Austin and after Adam scored he barely celebrated and instead basically ran off the ice.

Yeah I remember that. Henrique scored the OT winner and got off the ice as fast as he could. It was pretty funny lol.

41 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nailed it. From Adam's Twitter. Possibly the best part is that he has to fight his way through his celebrating teammates to get off the ice. He's getting tackled while all he wants to do is go poop. 

My recollection was he said "when you gotta go, you gotta go" when asked about it, but that wasn't on Twitter. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Nailed it. From Adam's Twitter. Possibly the best part is that he has to fight his way through his celebrating teammates to get off the ice. He's getting tackled while all he wants to do is go poop. 

My recollection was he said "when you gotta go, you gotta go" when asked about it, but that wasn't on Twitter. 

it actually was - it was a reply to Barstool's Uncle Chaps who commented that Rico must've had to take a sh!t.

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Q has a lot to prove this year (along with a lot of the young guys), but I'm confident he steps up

Even though I'm not a huge Q fan, here's where I sometimes feel for a guy like him:  he makes the team, everyone's kind of hopeful, then it's a series of healthy scratches/not much playing time when he does play, until he's inevitably sent to the AHL, either to get good minutes or for conditioning purposes.  Sure, that's how it can go for players in his position...for now, based on the Bern line combos, it's hard to see who he should be playing ahead of.  It might take someone getting injured for him to really get minutes with the big club.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Even though I'm not a huge Q fan, here's where I sometimes feel for a guy like him:  he makes the team, everyone's kind of hopeful, then it's a series of healthy scratches/not much playing time when he does play, until he's inevitably sent to the AHL, either to get good minutes or for conditioning purposes.  Sure, that how it can go for players in his position...for now, based on the Bern line combos, it's hard to see who he should be playing ahead of.  It might take someone getting injured for him to really get minutes with the big club.

Its true...he might have been better off playing every day. You're always better off having a veteran type guy at the end of his career playing the fill in role. 

But the guy they would have done that with is Stafford. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its true...he might have been better off playing every day. You're always better off having a veteran type guy at the end of his career playing the fill in role. 

But the guy they would have done that with is Stafford. 

I get the "anybody but Stafford" stance (I didn't want to see him again either)...and it's like I said, I'm not a big Q guy, so who knows how much he'd contribute here even if he did get solid minutes.  But I'm not going to be surprised when he's back in the A by early November (provided everyone stays healthy in the early going). 

So the Devils are sending emails out to people to claim two complimentary tickets to opening night.  I believe they are targeting those whom they believe are possible future members.  I usually get these emails but this time I did not.

But if they are giving out free tickets to opening night, oh boy.