Sign in to follow this  
LittleBallofHate

2018 Offseason Thread

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Now this is just weird.  Lou is apparently on Strickland’s radio show, where just yesterday Strickland was talking at length about Tavares’s free agent options, including St. Louis.

This would basically be like Lou being interviewed by a Wild or Pittsburgh beat reporter before Parise’s impending free agency.

I don’t know if it’s a sign that Lou is starting to lose his marbles, or if there’s some kind of eleven dinensional chess game at work here.

I don't know that weird is the right word.  Uncomfortable (for the GM), maybe.   I know I wouldn't necessarily want to take a job as a GM and my first act of duty before my ass is even in the seat is the try to find a way to keep the most important player in last 40 years of the franchise to keep from jumping ship.  But in terms of it being weird?  I think it makes total sense.  The guy is a respected hockey figure and has been for a long, long time.  He just took a high ranking job, in a pretty high profile place.  Why wouldn't he get interviewed?  And of course when he does get interviewed, you think they're just not going to mention the elephant in the room?

39 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't know that weird is the right word.  Uncomfortable (for the GM), maybe.   I know I wouldn't necessarily want to take a job as a GM and my first act of duty before my ass is even in the seat is the try to find a way to keep the most important player in last 40 years of the franchise to keep from jumping ship.  But in terms of it being weird?  I think it makes total sense.  The guy is a respected hockey figure and has been for a long, long time.  He just took a high ranking job, in a pretty high profile place.  Why wouldn't he get interviewed?  And of course when he does get interviewed, you think they're just not going to mention the elephant in the room?

Agree 100%. He had no choice. 

42 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I’m not saying don’t give interviews.  He’s been doing that a lot for the past week.  But it’s very strange to give an interview on St. Louis sports talk radio to a guy who isn’t really a household name among even dedicated hockey fans and who has been pushing for your best player to sign with the team he primarily covers.

Again, we would have been going apesh!t if Lou were giving interviews in the markets where Parise was being rumored to have interest in during in May or June of 2012.

He's skinny, but boy can he play.

I’m sure he can.... he needs to gain a pound or 70 though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Marshall said:

He's skinny, but boy can he play.

Oh, based on what he did in the SEL I have no doubt about that.  I’m really just marveling at how a string bean like that could do it.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

Oh, based on what he did in the SEL I have no doubt about that.  I’m really just marveling at how a string bean like that could do it.

Yeah. I watched him a lot in Hockeyallsvenskan the year prior and got somewhat caught up in the "he might not be able to hang physically in the SHL"-talk. Also saw him as a bit of a project for the NHL. I usually don't bet against skill but I did there and I won't make that mistake again.

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m sure he can.... he needs to gain a pound or 70 though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's often like that with European players. but it's something with the water in NHL, give him a year and he will be bigger