Jump to content

2018 Offseason Thread


LittleBallofHate

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

It has since been deleted, but it’s making its way around the Internet right now: a guy who works in media for the devils and 76ers posted a screenshot of a promo video he was shooting. In that video was Taylor hall in a white jersey.... with a C on his chest. 

Cant find a screenshot of the video and it has been deleted, so maybe you’ll just have to take my word for it: but it was a promo video, and Taylor Hall is wearing the C. 

 Could be nothing. Probably is something.

I mean, nobody on the planet other than Andy Greene’s mom thinks he should have the C next season...

its probably legit

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Here’s a screenshot from the thumbnail of the video. vPuv_8--h7O4oF2tIPXZjdnkrBJFIooS4DJtU0Cj

Yeah, it was a montage of Devils and Sixers stuff. The person that posted it is followed by Amanda Stein and other photographers / etc. that work with the Devils.

Also Sarah Baicker, who has left the Devils but was responsible for 82 game odyssey as well as the all access podcast was commenting on that video in question. I saw it before it was deleted, she was complimenting some cameo in the video by some other employee. 

It is more than likely 100% legit. Probably a situation like in LA or SJ where Dustin Brown gave up the C to Kopitar or Jumbo gave up the C for Pavelski. Doesn't need to be a disrespectful thing, passing the torch over the offseason is the right thing to do IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Here’s a screenshot from the thumbnail of the video. vPuv_8--h7O4oF2tIPXZjdnkrBJFIooS4DJtU0Cj

All you guys are so gullible.  That C is photoshopped on.  I mean does it even look like the one Andy wore this season?  It is some guy playing around with "what if's" or whatever million reasons there could be.  Sarah Baicker doesn't even work for the Devils since March and while she may still know employees, I doubt she has some sort of exclusive knowledge.

td-garden-23rd-jan-2018-ma-usa-new-jerse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Erm... yes? It does.. 

Also, it was a moving video -- you'd need some pretty elite video editing skills to "photoshop" an A into a C on a moving picture.. all for a gag, while potentially ruining your career in the process... 

Lol no it doesn't.  The one in the video is smaller and the bottom and top portion of the C is shorter than the one Andy wore.

Chris Ryan just posted an update about it.  It was from a promo video last summer where Adidas sent the Devils 2 sample jerseys; one for Hall and one for Greene.  Both had the C on them.  While it wasn't photoshopped, it is obvious not the same font that PX used and was probably done in-house at Adidas.

There is literally nothing to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

All you guys are so gullible.  That C is photoshopped on.  I mean does it even look like the one Andy wore this season?  It is some guy playing around with "what if's" or whatever million reasons there could be.  Sarah Baicker doesn't even work for the Devils since March and while she may still know employees, I doubt she has some sort of exclusive knowledge.

 

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Erm... yes? It does.. 

Also, it was a moving video -- you'd need some pretty elite video editing skills to "photoshop" an A into a C on a moving picture.. all for a gag, while potentially ruining your career in the process... 

Too fuzzy of an image to determine whether its real or photoshopped. I'd imagine, however, if it were photoshopped, the original image/video without the C must be out there, that should be fairly easy to match up. 

Anyone else suspect Kinkyisthe3b3st was googling "Taylor Hall's C***" when he found that image?? ;)

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Lol no it doesn't.  The one in the video is smaller and the bottom and top portion of the C is shorter than the one Andy wore.

Chris Ryan just posted an update about it.  It was from a promo video last summer where Adidas sent the Devils 2 sample jerseys; one for Hall and one for Greene.  Both had the C on them.  While it wasn't photoshopped, it is obvious not the same font that PX used and was probably done in-house at Adidas.

There is literally nothing to this.

And there you have it. That must have been a pretty funny scene, Andy and Taylor show up, they hand Andy his jersey, then they had Taylor a Captain's jersey right in front of him and he's like "what the actual fvck, Adidas??".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

There's the answer. 

But I'm laughing at you calling us all gullible about the "obvious photoshop", when it was - in fact - not photoshopped. 

Everyone is certain of everything on the internet, don't ya know? Until they aren't lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

There's the answer. 

But I'm laughing at you calling us all gullible about the "obvious photoshop", when it was - in fact - not photoshopped. 

It was obviously not he same font.  Yet you believed it because of some guy most, if not all of us never heard of until yesterday posted a video showing it for 1-2 seconds.

Your words "probably is something."

Nope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

It was obviously not he same font.  Yet you believed it because of some guy most, if not all of us never heard of until yesterday posted a video showing it for 1-2 seconds.

Your words "probably is something."

Nope.

Don't forget the other stuff that was thrown out there..."probably 100% legit", etc. 

The only thing I could think of when I saw it was "100% well deserved". Should be happening, I wouldn't expect an announcement until training camp though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Don't forget the other stuff that was thrown out there..."probably 100% legit", etc. 

The only thing I could think of when I saw it was "100% well deserved". Should be happening, I wouldn't expect an announcement until training camp though. 

This was also spread a ton by this Gianni kid.  The same kid who on his twitter claimed he had to quit twitter back in Jan/Feb because he was going to be a guest announcer for a game so he had to clean up his social media.  That didn't happen either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Collecting jerseys is your passion. That's awesome. Really, really awesome. 

The fact that you can tell the difference between those two fonts is really cool for you. But turning up your nose at the ~7 of us who thought it was legit because we couldn't tell that the font of the C was slightly different doesn't make you smart, it doesn't make you cool.

It makes you look like a fvckin looooooooser, dude. 

lol and you are gullible to believe a 1-2 second clip posted by a guy you never heard of before last night and jumping to conclusions.

Did you believe the Kovy is coming back rumors every summer?  Do you believe every X player is definitely signing with the Devils this year rumor you hear?  If not, then why believe this one?

Sorry you were caught being gullible.  Just accept it and move on.

Edited by DevsMan84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Did you believe the Kovy is coming back rumors every summer? 

Wait, isn't he???

To tie it up, it looks like Taylor's C and Andy's C from the jersey reveal video look the same, giving credence to the fact that its an Adidas thing. You know, since we're comparing C's and all...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If I saw a promo video with Kovalchuk wearing the Adidas jerseys, I would believe he's coming back.

If I saw a promo video with Tavares wearing a devils Adidas jersey, I would believe he's signing with the Devils.

I saw a promo video with Taylor Hall wearing the C. 

From a guy you never heard of lol.  Why would some random guy have a video of Hall wearing the C for 1-2 seconds out of a video that was what, 30 seconds long?  Isn't that a pretty big deal?

Use your brains and not the idiots from reddit whom half couldn't tell their ass from their elbow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesus you guys are tough on each other. 

It's times like this I ask what would Mike Brown do?

RECAP:

  • There's nothing wrong with believing it was a leak and that Taylor was captain; he's wearing a Captain's jersey which makes zero sense for any other reason.
  • A guy with an eye for fine details like that in a hobby he's interested in isn't a loser, he's someone with knowledge we don't have/didn't apply. He wasn't at all wrong, its not correct. 
  • BUT, if they were shooting a promo video, it would not be out of bounds to believe the jersey was slapped together. After all, we've seen guys wearing replica jerseys in stuff like that. Doesn't mean they sent a jersey to PX (they probably already have stock, but you know what I mean) to be done, they probably grabbed one out of the locker room. 
  • You guys argue like 11 year old girls. That's MY personal area of expertise as a parent of one and a soccer coach of 20. 
  • How stupid are they to send him a Captain's jersey for the reveal video? On what planet does that make sense?
  • Not everything you see on the internet is real. Unless I say it, in which case it totally is and you're all idiots if you don't believe me. 
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Jesus you guys are tough on each other. 

It's times like this I ask what would Mike Brown do?

RECAP:

  • There's nothing wrong with believing it was a leak and that Taylor was captain; he's wearing a Captain's jersey which makes zero sense for any other reason.
  • A guy with an eye for fine details like that in a hobby he's interested in isn't a loser, he's someone with knowledge we don't have/didn't apply. He wasn't at all wrong, its not correct. 
  • BUT, if they were shooting a promo video, it would not be out of bounds to believe the jersey was slapped together. After all, we've seen guys wearing replica jerseys in stuff like that. Doesn't mean they sent a jersey to PX (they probably already have stock, but you know what I mean) to be done, they probably grabbed one out of the locker room. 
  • You guys argue like 11 year old girls. That's MY personal area of expertise as a parent of one and a soccer coach of 20. 
  • How stupid are they to send him a Captain's jersey for the reveal video? On what planet does that make sense?
  • Not everything you see on the internet is real. Unless I say it, in which case it totally is and you're all idiots if you don't believe me. 

- You are right

- Kinky: I apologize for going over the top with you.  I still think you are cool:)

- Mfitz: stop being right all the time dammit

- This argument was easily stoppable

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.