Jump to content

2018 Offseason Thread


LittleBallofHate
 Share

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I don't respect him, though. I don't know why anyone respects him. My only regret is that he didn't die before terrorizing his fiance. 

I agree. And honestly, I don’t understand why people give a sh!t that he died. Or celebrities in general, people get more emotional over the death of an actor than they do a member of their own family. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree. And honestly, I don’t understand why people give a sh!t that he died. Or celebrities in general, people get more emotional over the death of an actor than they do a member of their own family. 

My ~14 year old cousin send me a snapchat video of herself bawling her eyes out with the caption "He's really gone. I can't believe he's really gone." 

I spent the next 20 minutes in a panic calling every single family member in the middle of the day on a weekday trying to find out who died. My uncle has cancer, did he pass? Nobody answered. I was panicked and basically sobbing at my desk at work. Finally my cousin responded; "XXXTentacion", a rapper, was shot in miami. A few months ago he beat the fvcking crap out of his pregnant girlfriend and was in jail. 

fvck that.

Edited by Kinkyisth3b3st
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Good term, good amount of years, great 3rd/4th line player, great locker room guy. Very happy. 

Yeah I can't see how anyone would dislike the deal...don't think there's that much to discuss about it, so didn't make a new thread. Maybe people would want more term? IDK I just don't think you give a 4th liner more than 3 years though.

Really liked what he brought this past year, felt like he was kind of a replacement as far as l attitude to what we lost in the Henrique trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree. And honestly, I don’t understand why people give a sh!t that he died. Or celebrities in general, people get more emotional over the death of an actor than they do a member of their own family. 

Cause often an actor or musician can have a bigger impact on who you are than a family member you only saw once a year at christmas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Cause often an actor or musician can have a bigger impact on who you are than a family member you only saw once a year at christmas

Agreed. For example, Carrie Fisher’s death really bummed me out. I’ve been a Star Wars fan since I was a little kid, so that one sucked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Agreed. For example, Carrie Fisher’s death really bummed me out. I’ve been a Star Wars fan since I was a little kid, so that one sucked. 

I was bummed out when Tom Petty passed, but not to the point of making crying posts about it on the snapchats. [I also don't have snapchat so....]

and hell yeah for Pickle Juice! Only Nose is our only threat to get to arb [read: still negotiating with], right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Agreed. For example, Carrie Fisher’s death really bummed me out. I’ve been a Star Wars fan since I was a little kid, so that one sucked. 

I almost brought up that specific example. Mark Hamill and Michael J. Fox had a bigger impact and were more of a role model than almost my whole family lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Coleman signs 3 years $1.8 mil AAV

 

Smart, fair, no complaints, deal feels just right. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Cause often an actor or musician can have a bigger impact on who you are than a family member you only saw once a year at christmas

That's fine, but you're making it a fringe family member. If you are OK when your dad dies, but Ray Emery's death makes you cry and unable to function, you've got issues. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I don't respect him, though. I don't know why anyone respects him. My only regret is that he didn't die before terrorizing his fiance. 

That's fine. Like I said it's not about respect. It has more to do with human nature and the tendency of people to think "I could be next, better keep my karma in check" so they won't be honest about the person. Death is still taboo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Yeah I can't see how anyone would dislike the deal...don't think there's that much to discuss about it, so didn't make a new thread. Maybe people would want more term? IDK I just don't think you give a 4th liner more than 3 years though.

Really liked what he brought this past year, felt like he was kind of a replacement as far as l attitude to what we lost in the Henrique trade.

I don't have an issue with it, I'd have been fine at $2m/3yrs or the same $1.8m/4years. 

Especially if he improves on last year. He could wind up being very underpaid by year 3. Let's hope, anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's fine, but you're making it a fringe family member. If you are OK when your dad dies, but Ray Emery's death makes you cry and unable to function, you've got issues. 

Yeah but you're making it a fringe celebrity lol

I don't think anyone would be okay with their dad dying but not be hockey for a celebrity like Ray Emery

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cried when Ryan Dunn died.  He killed another guy while drunk driving but he was still someone I looked up to as a kid watching CKY tapes and Jackass.  I think when celebrities with less-than-nice pasts die and people mourn, sometimes is more of "i regret that they did these things before they died" and less "i respect them".  Dunn was a great guy though, just made a really bad decision and wound up having two families miss their sons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I was bummed out when Tom Petty passed, but not to the point of making crying posts about it on the snapchats. [I also don't have snapchat so....]

and hell yeah for Pickle Juice! Only Nose is our only threat to get to arb [read: still negotiating with], right?

Noesen just signed too. 1 year, 1.725mil. He will still be a restricted free agent after the deal is up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.