Jacob Josefson Goes Home

mfitz804

Going back to Sweden to play in the SHL next year. Probably for the best. I was never a fan, I found him especially infuriating, but I wish him the best over there. 

20 goals, 44 assists is a really good NHL season, sorry to see him go. 

(Wait...that was his CAREER stats? Not last season? Ok...carry on, nothing to see here)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Going back to Sweden to play in the SHL next year. Probably for the best. I was never a fan, I found him especially infuriating, but I wish him the best over there. 

20 goals, 44 assists is a really good NHL season, sorry to see him go. 

(Wait...that was his CAREER stats? Not last season? Ok...carry on, nothing to see here)

only downside here is he won't be on the ice against us next season.  

File him away in the bust category.  Hoping Almost doesn't end up there a few years from now.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Come on, Swedish vs. Italian meatballs is a non-contest. Italian wins out every time. 

To be honest I prefer Swedish, but that may also be just because I prefer Italian sausage with my spaghetti instead of meatballs.

I don't have the stats on hand, but if someone could compare Swedish vs Italian's Corsi% and Expected Goals For per 60 for us that would be great.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

To be honest I prefer Swedish, but that may also be just because I prefer Italian sausage with my spaghetti instead of meatballs.

I don't have the stats on hand, but if someone could compare Swedish vs Italian's Corsi% and Expected Goals For per 60 for us that would be great.

Well played. Unlike JJ lol. 

14 minutes ago, titans04 said:

only downside here is he won't be on the ice against us next season.  

We let up one of his two goals this season. The other one was against a non playoff team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well played. Unlike JJ lol. 

We let up one of his two goals this season. The other one was against a non playoff team. 

that's the old broken clock is right twice a day thing.  Just looked at his contract history, and while he made a lot of money he never really cashed in like a 20th pick normally would over his career. Only 1 season north of 1M and that was at 1.1M.

Guess he could hold on the fact he had a better career than Tedenby.  Two wasted first round picks in the end.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Kinda always thought it was funny that JaJo was considered a "bust". Of the 10 players picked after him in the 1st round, I'd say only 3 were better. Oddly enough, all 3 of those guys currently play for NJ: John Moore (21, Columbus). Marcus Johansson (24, Washington) and Kyle Palmieri (26, Anaheim). When you pick 20th in the first round in a weak-ish draft, not sure you can consider someone who logged over 300 NHL games a "bust". 

I don’t put him in that category and barely remember he was a late first found pick. I think you have to be at least a top 8 pick to be a total bust.

If there’s better guy’s drafted after a player, that’s the team’s fault. 

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Kinda always thought it was funny that JaJo was considered a "bust". Of the 10 players picked after him in the 1st round, I'd say only 3 were better. Oddly enough, all 3 of those guys currently play for NJ: John Moore (21, Columbus). Marcus Johansson (24, Washington) and Kyle Palmieri (26, Anaheim). When you pick 20th in the first round in a weak-ish draft, not sure you can consider someone who logged over 300 NHL games a "bust". 

Was going to post something to this effect...as we all know all too well (and as the Sabres found out this past season), JaJo's main problem (along with being allergic to finding the net) was that he just couldn't stay on the damned ice.  I wonder if Lou & Co ever considered Palms...Kyle grew up in NJ and was part of the NJ Devils Youth HC...was also a big Devils fan.  Gotta think Lou and Conte were aware of him. 

7 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I'll also say, if you don't think Jacob is doing well for himself, take a few minutes to look up Sanne Alexandra, his wife. 

I mean, c'mon. 

One of the most gorgeous hockey wives I’ve ever seen, no doubt. 

48 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Wasn't drafted until the 4th Round, but Sami Vatanen was in draft as well (#106)

He always passed the eye test for me. I thought he had the tools to be a real crafty and effective player, but he was given more than his fair share of chances. I remember when he was getting regular ice time around the Stadium Series game thinking that it was his last chance; he was either going to have to start producing or he'd be back in Sweden, I thought. That was before the Sochi games, and here we are 4+ years and a few dozen points later. I have no idea how he made it this long.

Probably an easy decision for him considering the kid. He could either raise it in one of the richest and healthiest countries in the world where he and his family is from, or in Buffalo.

The guy was a first rounder and has like 50 career points. He’s a bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'll also say, if you don't think Jacob is doing well for himself, take a few minutes to look up Sanne Alexandra, his wife. 

I mean, c'mon. 

He’s doing great for himself. He’s just not a good NHL hockey player. I think that’s all anyone here is saying.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s doing great for himself. He’s just not a good NHL hockey player. I think that’s all anyone here is saying.

He was a decent defensive player in NJ and filled that role okay. That went out the window when he got to Buffalo though. 

• Like 1

He was a decent defensive player in NJ and filled that role okay. That went out the window when he got to Buffalo though. 

Defensively he was okay. Couldn’t find the net with a fvcking GPS unit mounted on his helmet though (unless it was in the shootout).

• Like 1

He was picked 20th for fvcks sake. He has over 300 NHL games and played a smart defensive game. You need to narrow your definition of "bust" if you include the entire first round of the NHL entry draft to set some All-Star expectations. 

He’s a top 20 pick in the first round. He has 64 points in 8 years. That’s 8 points a year. He’s a bust. With a capital B. I don’t care that he managed to play 300 games on some horrific teams. I don’t care that he was decent defensively. When you draft ANY player in the first round, you aren’t expecting him to average 8 points a year for the length of his NHL career. We’ll have to agree to disagree on what a bust is I guess.

56 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Safe to say we'll agree to disagree here but nobody is using being an all-star as the measuring stick.  64 points in 315 games is weak or even terrible to some of us.  Nobody is comparing him to a sniper/all-star.

The bolded is obviously far from impressive but was Jacob really expected to have much of an offensive upside?  It's not like ever showed that much of it.  He had decent AHL numbers, but that was about it. 

I think he was seen as more of a future intangibles "smart" guy, the kind of guy who could do a lot of the little things even if he didn't put up sexy glamour numbers, but the guy was just always friggin' hurt, and unfortunately never showed enough progress overall, despite being given many chances.  I wouldn't call him an outright bust, but I'd definitely say he was disappointing...maybe the rung below "bust". 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976