Sign in to follow this  
Neb00rs

Taylor Hall is the 2017-18 NHL MVP!

All hockey wives/girlfriends look the same. 

But like, in a really good way. A reaaaaaally good way. 

• Like 3

Another great one.  Loves New Jersey and the Devils.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Well deserved let's hope the rebuild continues and he can add some more hardware to his CV. 

If I was Hall and I ever won the Stanley Cup I would 100% spend my day with the cup in Edmonton. 

While handing out Devil's jerseys to all the youth

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Last night was a great night for Devils hockey. Both Boyle and Hall were excellent ambassadors for our team, just pure class from both of them in their speeches.

Also, damn those suits are sharp.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

All hockey wives/girlfriends look the same. 

But like, in a really good way. A reaaaaaally good way. 

Way, way back in the day - in college - we used to sit in the players and wives section during the game (a friend of a friend was Steve Shutt when he played for the Habs and I was in Montreal). The WAGS were amazing. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Nathan MacKinnon with a clear "fvck" when Hall was announced :lol:

Completely disagree. 

Hall storyline is the story we need to sell to Tavares

"hey John, look what happen when you arrive here... It's a home ! And a winning one. Oh and you get to play with the MVP too. Just sayin'. Oooh... And you want money ? There... " 

• Like 5

Just now, moustic said:

Hall storyline is the story we need to sell to Tavares

"hey John, look what happen when you arrive here... It's a home ! And a winning one. Oh and you get to play with the MVP too. Just sayin'. Oooh... And you want money ? There... " 

And maybe win one yourself...

• Like 2

what a great night for the entire NJ Devils organization. Stoked for the rest of the offseason.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

The only thing flaming tonight is my wiener while I masturbate furiously to Taylor Hall highlights.

Lube, dude, lube!   I wouldn’t want to red about an industrial masturbation fire buddy.

BIG Congrats to Boyler & Hallsy! :cheers:

It was great of Ray, Hynsie, Fitzy, etc to make the trip to Vegas to support the boys.

It was even greater to hear Hall speak of the Devils "family", how cumfy he is, how much he enjoys playing in/for NJ, etc. I'm going to assume he re-ups next summer since Ray's already mentioned he's banking on it (pun intended) and put that 'worry' out of my mind. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

This reads like a Donald Trump tweet. 

LMAO

18 hours ago, Steven M. said:

what a great night for the entire NJ Devils organization. Stoked for the rest of the offseason.

Remember, winning is in our DNA.  This is who we are!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think this kind of stuff is good for Taylor Hall to hear.  He said multiple times that he is a loyal guy. 

• Like 2

If Taylor's agent can get Josh as drunk as he was on both Brodeur and Elias retirement nights he can demand pretty much anything.

Anything.

• Like 1

No doubt they'll get it done.He's the face of the franchise and we have the money and he seems to like it in NJ. We're in the right direction and he sees it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

No doubt they'll get it done.He's the face of the franchise and we have the money and he seems to like it in NJ. We're in the right direction and he sees it. 

Yep. Not signing anyone big this summer pretty much guarantees they’re going to back the Brinks truck up to Hall’s house next year. 

• Like 2

I really don't think us signing anyone big this year would have prevented us from signing guys like Hall, Nico and Butcher to contracts next year.  We have a ton of cap space and Hall is already making $6M a year.  Nico is also going to be a RFA so he has little leverage and we can still easily fit Butcher in.

This really does sound like a bunch of people trying to justify or rationalize Shero getting shut out this year in the UFA market.

I know it's early, but anyone have a guess on what he might get next year?   Do we give him the full 8 years, something like 8/80, which would put him at around 34/35 when it runs out?

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I really don't think us signing anyone big this year would have prevented us from signing guys like Hall, Nico and Butcher to contracts next year.  We have a ton of cap space and Hall is already making $6M a year.  Nico is also going to be a RFA so he has little leverage and we can still easily fit Butcher in.

This really does sound like a bunch of people trying to justify or rationalize Shero getting shut out this year in the UFA market.

You cant make people who don't want to come to nj, come.  Also besides tavares and Karlsson there werent many upgrades available.   I think he played everything right knowing hall/nico will cost a pretty penny. 

I'd rather not have him sign a bunch of "panic signings" just so people like you would be happy to say we did something.  Dont approve, there are 30 other teams you can root for.

8 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

You cant make people who don't want to come to nj, come.  Also besides tavares and Karlsson there werent many upgrades available.   I think he played everything right knowing hall/nico will cost a pretty penny. 

I'd rather not have him sign a bunch of "panic signings" just so people like you would be happy to say we did something.  Dont approve, there are 30 other teams you can root for.

lol even when your favorite whipping boy is not mentioned you still find a way to be a schmuck.

Where did I say we should have signed x player?  Where did I acknowledge or deny that players don't want to come to NJ?

All I am saying is the whole line that Shero played it right by not signing a big contract because of Nico, Hall and Butcher is a stretch and done to make Devils fans feel better about this summer.  We have TONS of cap space, could have signed a major player, and still have enough to give Hall, Nico and Butcher long-term contracts.  We have enough cap space where one would have had little to no effect on the other.

Edited by DevsMan84

18 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I know it's early, but anyone have a guess on what he might get next year?   Do we give him the full 8 years, something like 8/80, which would put him at around 34/35 when it runs out?

Umm, yeah, you give him the full 8. Anyone else interested will offer him 7.  You have to give him something the others can't give him, or he winds up with Tampa Bay on a 7/70 and gets the benefit of the tax break. ;) 

$10m a year is a reasonable assumption. I'm sure $11m like Tavares got will be around his starting point for negotiations.