Taylor Hall is the 2017-18 NHL MVP!

Neb00rs

13 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Mac I could at least understand.  I'd be upset but he's deserving.

Kopitar, that one would piss me off.

a good argument can be made for Kopitar though. Buddy had an amazing season while playing a more important role for his team than Hall did for us. Being a center will always be more important than a winger, taking huge faceoffs, playing a defensive role shutting down top lines and still producing. And just like Hall he had a huge gap in points between him and the 2nd scorer on their team, which was doughty.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

a good argument can be made for Kopitar though. Buddy had an amazing season while playing a more important role for his team than Hall did for us. Being a center will always be more important than a winger, taking huge faceoffs, playing a defensive role shutting down top lines and still producing. And just like Hall he had a huge gap in points between him and the 2nd scorer on their team, which was doughty.

Must be why Kuznetsov just won the Conn Smythe over Ovi. Oh wait...

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 5:25 PM, Nicomo said:

Played most of the year with 2 rookies on his line. 

That's showing real value to his team, as well as playing hurt, the scoring differential and being clutch sooo many times.  To me, the choice is obvious.  Oh right, I really do not have a vote....

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Must be why Kuznetsov just won the Conn Smythe over Ovi. Oh wait...

Well Kuznetsov had more points while having bigger responsibilities too. So he could have won the Conn Smythe and there would be a good argument for it.

Kopitar has one less point than Hall this season while playing tougher competition and had more responsibilities on the ice. It's just a basic fact that is very fair to point out. We all want Hall to win and i think he should but let's not wear blinders here. Taylor hall had less support and played with rookies most of the season and everything. We all know the situation. But let's not be a bunch of whiners if he doesn't get it acting like the other guys didn't deserve it. All 3 guys are very deserving

Good luck to Taylor Hall and Brian Boyle tonight!

Got my game worns from them this season ready.  The Hall is his red set 1 with the NHL100 patch that he wore from the beginning to the season until 12/14/17.  The Boyle was the one he when he scored his first goal of the season, and when he scored his goal against Vancouver on HFC night.

Winners2.JPG

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Got my game worns from them this season ready.  The Hall is his red set 1 with the NHL100 patch that he wore from the beginning to the season until 12/14/17.  The Boyle was the one he when he scored his first goal of the season, and when he scored his goal against Vancouver on HFC night.

Winners2.JPG

I like that you think it will help to have them ready. Which of course, it does, just like me wearing a jersey while watching a game that already happened on DVR also helps. 

Goid luck boys. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I like that you think it will help to have them ready. Which of course, it does, just like me wearing a jersey while watching a game that already happened on DVR also helps. 

Goid luck boys. 

Thanks lol.  I won't be wearing either, but I will be staring at them.  A lot of stares.

Thought this was funny: 

Hall said if he had a vote, it would go to MacKinnon.

"If I could ever watch their games, I was tuning in to see how he was playing and just the stuff he was doing," Hall said.

MacKinnon threw it back, saying he'd vote for Hall, who was sixth with 93 points (39 goals, 54 assists) in 76 games, setting NHL career highs across the board to help the Devils improve by 27 points in the standings and reach the playoffs for the first time since 2012. He had 41 more points than anyone else on New Jersey.

Kopitar was tied for seventh with 92 points (35 goals, 57 assists), nearly tripling his goal total (12) and doubling his point total (52) from 2016-17. He helped the Kings get back in the playoffs after they missed last season. He had 31 more points than anyone else on Los Angeles.

Somewhat sheepishly, Kopitar said he'd vote for himself.

"Was I the only guy picking myself?" Kopitar said, laughing. "You know what it is, all three of us that are nominated are deserving of it, for sure."

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-awards-preview/c-299124214?tid=280503612

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Winners2.JPG

Not sure what to do here.  I have a 2016-17 red GW Hall and a 2016-17 white GW Hall.  Do I hang those up too?  Or does the fact that 2016-17 wasn't a great year for Hall or the Devils possibly jinx him? 

On another note, looks like that Hall doesn't have too much wear.  Suffice it to say that both my Halls show that Taylor definitely doesn't shy away from contact or much of anything else.  Plenty of stick marks/puck marks and repairs.

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not sure what to do here.  I have a 2016-17 red GW Hall and a 2016-17 white GW Hall.  Do I hang those up too?  Or does the fact that 2016-17 wasn't a great year for Hall or the Devils possibly jinx him? 

On another note, looks like that Hall doesn't have too much wear.  Suffice it to say that both my Halls show that Taylor definitely doesn't shy away from contact or much of anything else.  Plenty of stick marks/puck marks and repairs.

lol honestly not sure.

The Hall has OK wear on it which is surprising since he wore that one for 14 games (he scored 6 goals and 6 assist in that).  It does have a couple minor repairs (the Devils are using a heat activated tape instead of stitching to close holes) and some marks.  I actually have it photomatched to getty photos as well as some of my own from warmups to a mark on the arm.

The Boyle has almost no wear except a couple small marks and a small hole on the back of the jersey.

25 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You have to bring them to DevsMan’s house and he has to wear all 4. It’s the only way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Serious question, I honestly have no idea:

Are the game-worn jerseys washed?  If not, don't they stink?

Typically yes, they are washed by the team before being sold to the public or being sent to dealers to be sold to the public.

However, sometimes special event gamers are not washed before they are sold.  The last two from the Devils are the Elias night and McMullen night gamers.  I believe the first 1-2 retro night's the game worn jerseys were sold unwashed as well.

The Severson Elias night jersey only smelled a little.  I was able to get the smell out without washing it using a couple of tricks.

The Parenteau McMullen night however............yeah.

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Serious question, I honestly have no idea:

Are the game-worn jerseys washed?  If not, don't they stink?

Some are, some aren't.  All but one of mine came washed...the only one that didn't was my Elias Night Zajac.  It actually wasn't too bad, smell-wise...I put it back in the Meigray box with about 12 fabric softeners, and that took care of what little smell there was.

DM84 has some horror-stories for sure. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Some are, some aren't.  All but one of mine came washed...the only one that didn't was my Elias Night Zajac.  It actually wasn't too bad, smell-wise...I put it back in the Meigray box with about 12 fabric softeners, and that took care of what little smell there was.

DM84 has some horror-stories for sure. 

Smart idea;)

• Like 1