Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mikemarc1

Lou out at Toronto Named Dir Hockey for Isles

Recommended Posts

I fixed the topic title.. and wow... we'll be seeing Lou at Panera alot again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I fixed the topic title.. and wow... we'll be seeing Lou at Panera alot again. 

He’ll just be washing down lunch with a different flavor of Kool-Aid: 6599cfa7ccf1ed526a0490b28dc4de57.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

He may be, but is he the guy you can pin your hopes on for delivering a cup to a team that has been on a rocky path the last few years and took a step back this year?  While they do have JT until July 1st, there is no Matthews-type player waiting for them to be drafted anytime soon.

I don’t think he takes the job if he thinks there’s a good chance the team’s best player bolts a month later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems pretty realistic that JT re-signs with the Isles now.

But can you imagine the sh!tposting that would occur if JT signed with the Devils after the Isles hired LL?

INSIDER AGENT LOU LAMORIELLO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they hired Lamoriello to give the Islanders some credibility in the Tavares negotiation.  On top of that, it prevents the Maple Leafs from making a pitch for Tavares now that Lamoriello is the "insider" from the Islanders side of things.

But all things considered, I don't think Tavares is any more an Islander on July 1st than Nikita Kucherov or Steve Stamkos is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

I think they hired Lamoriello to give the Islanders some credibility in the Tavares negotiation.  On top of that, it prevents the Maple Leafs from making a pitch for Tavares now that Lamoriello is the "insider" from the Islanders side of things.

Let’s not forget, also, that Toronto is his hometown team. In addition to telling him all the reasons the Islanders make sense, Lou could also give him a first hand account of why Toronto does not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, titans04 said:

I have the highest respect for Lou and the cups he brought here but the post lock out Lou is nowhere nearly as good.  He'll bring structure, short hair, suit jackets etc.  If I was an Islanders fan I would have zero faith he brings much else other than his last name isn't Snow.  I would also be equally as concerned if not even more so that Chris would now appear to be next in line and that's just a dagger hanging over head for them now.

 

 

agree, it certainly seems like the succession plan shaping up for the Islanders and long term that could be trouble; Lou over the hill and Chris there only because Lou was once great. I guess when you look at their history since their dynasty in the early 80s it can't get much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we offer Cory? He needs a goalie and fast.. would he bite at damaged goods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

I think they hired Lamoriello to give the Islanders some credibility in the Tavares negotiation.  On top of that, it prevents the Maple Leafs from making a pitch for Tavares now that Lamoriello is the "insider" from the Islanders side of things.

But all things considered, I don't think Tavares is any more an Islander on July 1st than Nikita Kucherov or Steve Stamkos is. 

yeah, Lou being involved doesn't guarantee Tavares resigns, Lou is no stranger to losing high profile UFAs. 

As for the Leafs, they have Mathews, Marner and Nylander to give big raises to and way overpaid for Marleau, they aren't going to be a factor in the Tavares derby no matter what. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol good, Lou is out of touch and won't be able to help that dumpster fire of an organization. I still say JT walks away from them too, it's his time to get out, he's a dummy if he resigns. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He already knows he looks good in red white and black, just sayin’. 

40461183320_366b7ba367_b.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF he resigns with the Islanders I don't think it will have anything to do with LL being there or not.  The guy has put up with playing in hell for years now, it may just be his comfort zone.  If they can manage to get a stud goalie and some upgrades on defense they could be a much better team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lou met with JT in TO. very recently. (according to EJ Hradek/Weeks)  You know he's already perusing (lusting)  other teams goalies. I think they'll get JT signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Lou met with JT in TO. very recently. (according to EJ Hradek/Weeks)  You know he's already perusing (lusting)  other teams goalies. I think they'll get JT signed.

Wasn't he just  hired by the Isles today?  If so, then it would be considered tampering if he met with JT before taking the Isles job as he was employed by TOR at the time.

Good for Lou.  He will bring instant credibility to that dumpster fire of a franchise, as much for who he is as for what he will do.  Hopefully he doesn't find a goalie or descent defenders, because the offense on  that team is pretty strong right now (assuming JT stays).

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, titans04 said:

IF he resigns with the Islanders I don't think it will have anything to do with LL being there or not.  The guy has put up with playing in hell for years now, it may just be his comfort zone.  If they can manage to get a stud goalie and some upgrades on defense they could be a much better team.

Assuming he re-signs, I’m sure a lot of it will have to do with Snow being gone and Lou being a credible replacement.  According to someone on HF Boards who posts in the Isles forum who they say is tuned in, there’s going to be a new deal announced in the next week or so.

The Isles ownership came very close to fvcking things up royally, even by the standards of the Islanders of the last 20 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Wasn't he just  hired by the Isles today?  If so, then it would be considered tampering if he met with JT before taking the Isles job as he was employed by TOR at the time.

Per Friedman, the league has said it has no issues with the contacts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without JT, the Isles are going nowhere.  I do not care who is in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Assuming he re-signs, I’m sure a lot of it will have to do with Snow being gone and Lou being a credible replacement.  According to someone on HF Boards who posts in the Isles forum who they say is tuned in, there’s going to be a new deal announced in the next week or so.

The Isles ownership came very close to fvcking things up royally, even by the standards of the Islanders of the last 20 years. 

time will tell but I never saw him leaving there, which means it could probably happen :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"the 75-year-old never seemed destined to just fade away into the sunset, instead now picking another opportunity to turn a franchise around and then likely hand the keys to his son." 

Lol. Isles fans better pray that doesn't happen. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

"the 75-year-old never seemed destined to just fade away into the sunset, instead now picking another opportunity to turn a franchise around and then likely hand the keys to his son." 

Lol. Isles fans better pray that doesn't happen. 

God we can only hope.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's never been any evidence that Chris Lamoriello is a talented hockey person, it would be hilarious if Lou served as a vessel to slip Chris inside the corpse of that Islanders franchise after Tavares is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

There's never been any evidence that Chris Lamoriello is a talented hockey person, it would be hilarious if Lou served as a vessel to slip Chris inside the corpse of that Islanders franchise after Tavares is gone.

in fact there's a ton of history to prove he is not a talented hockey guy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.