Hypothetical Ticket Question

eldon

I meant to ask this weeks ago, so here goes.  

Say I had purchased tickets for Game 6 for our series, on Stub Hub or Ticketmaster ticket exchange (secondary market) for say $125/ticket. and the ticket price was $90/ticket.  We lose game 5.  Who gets refunded what?  Do I get my full price back from SH or TM?  Then the person who sold it to me, gets back face value?  Or would I only get face value from the team?  

Is the seller not allowed to remove $ from his account until it's guaranteed the game would be played?  

I really have no idea how this would work. 

According to StubHub's website, you are automatically refunded if the game doesn't happen. 

http://stubhub.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/89/categoryRecordID/RN_CATEGORY_424/categorySelected/RN_CATEGORY_424

Ticketmaster says the same. 

http://help.ticketmaster.com/what-happens-if-a-playoff-game-isn-t-played/

As far as how they get the money back, or if the seller has to wait to get the money, I have no idea. I assume that's between the seller and TM or SH. 

You would get the full price you spent back from Stubhub or ticket exchange and the seller gets full price that he spent back from wherever they got them, the Devils or ticketmaster. The seller just loses out on any profit from the sale, if any was made. 

Don't quote me on this part but I believe any game that is labeled contingent they actually hold the money on the sale until it's actually confirmed to make the process easier. Otherwise stubhub would just issue a charge to your account that you would have to pay. 

Either way it's not something to worry about if you're looking to buy or sell tickets on the secondary market. 

Edited by Satans Hockey