Six years ago today....

MadDog2020

17 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

6 years, wow, time flys Kids ....  and never ever take a SCF for granted 

It’s the only one I felt like we exceeded expectations and didn’t really think THAT group should have made it. But we did.

Many more times I felt the other way, we didn’t make it and we should have. 

Hopefully we’ll be back there soon. 

• Like 2

I was out on the patio of my apartment building chain smoking because I couldn’t bear watching.  My brother, who was at the game, texted me “SCF” and I just breathed a sigh of relief.

I was in the same spot I was for every home game that run, section 214. It was absolute pandemonium, made better by the quick fleeing of Rag fans. The ones that were there couldn’t get out of there fast enough. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I always wondered how the people on the concourse or in the john felt when they heard that goal horn go off. I was completely unwilling to move from my seat, my heart was in my throat all the way up until Henrique put that puck in the net.

I remember being in section 230 just jumping up and down and hugging random strangers, easily not only one of my favorite Devils memories but arguably the greatest memory of my life.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

If this happened today, the coach would would challenge for goaltender interference out of desperation and there would be a10 min delay until you knew if the goal counted or not

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. Also that there was a point where the puck was loose and only Henrique saw it. Imagine there was a quick whistle and it got waved off!